• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videos of crazy nature/natural events

i was hoping for a bit more in this video. still, its insane how well they can mimic the human voice

I used to have an African Grey, and that bird could say hundreds of things. And he would use them appropriately in context. I used to cover his house at night and ask him, "Are you ready for bed bird?" (I often called him "bird" even though his name was Milo.) And he eventually would start saying, "Are you ready for bed bird?" whenever he was tired at night. And he only said it then. So I would cover him, since he let me know he was tired, and wanted the dark.

He also used to say, "I want to come out" all the time after he learned that phrase.

One of the funniest things he did was regarding his food. In order to make sure he got proper nutrition, I fed him a pelleted formula called Roudy Bush. He didn't have to only eat that, but I made sure he would get it regularly for his health. But...he *hated* to eat it. And he would reach into his bowl with his feet and throw it out all the time. I used to say, "You are being a very bad bird, very very bad." when hid did. And he picked up on that and would say it himself whenever he was throwing those nasty pellets out of his bowl, and I would crack up.

And he said so many more things. But he was very possessive of me, as these birds can sometimes be. And when my child reached toddler stage and was walking around and was tall enough to reach the bottom of the cage, I was afraid that she might reach in and lose a finger, and I couldn't accept that. So I had to find a home for Milo. I hated doing it though. I hope he's well, wherever he is now.

Greys are such great pets though. It's one of the few animals I've ever been around that I could tell was observing and studying me as closely as I was it. Their eyes are absolutely intense and penetrating if you watch them up close and personal and get to know them.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Oh trust me I know all about this shit. I am allergic to the whole damn planet. I wouldn't even know if I had corona right now.

i feel for ya buddy. i dont think my allergies are quite that bad, but my seasonal allergies are pretty insane. i'll usually get to a point where i have to do a netty pot for like 7 days in a row and start using flonase everyday. but that usually does this trtick and after that i just have to keep buying and using flonase until they start to subside. im sure youve already tried all that, but in case you havent, check out netty pots and flonase, its been magical for me.

also, TIL that moose will shed the skin of their antlers regularly and it look absolutley disgusting. they use shrubbery to help get off all the dangling, peeling skin. i also learned that some species of deers, their antlers will fall off once a year, and grow back during summer. craziness
6281561de6e7f0ceba4828b6aa7a0f92.jpg

KielCasto

I learned of this late, but I didn't know locust plagues were still a thing.

Those videos of pollen... ngl I found them awemsome. The last one reminded of fairy dust from Peter Pan.

Kev Kev

this bioluminescence stuff is the coolest shit ever. always wanted to see it in person. i live in florida and im almost certain ive heard of kayaking tours certain times of the year where it happens down here.

anyway, heres an awesome video of it, with some dolphins swimming around too. super cool!

Kev Kev

lol, this is crazy to me. aparently, monkeys will also peel the stringy bits off of a banana :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: i was cracking up watching this. why tf do we do that?

Kev Kev

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Utterly beautiful. Just imagine being in the middle of it like a Disney princess IRL.

Half a billion bugs in the air would be horrifying if you were actually there.
Also, it seems like the rotors are exposed from below and one butterfly almost gets a leg chopped off.

Pretty cool, but there are clearly cameramen there too so the drone is a bit gimmicky.

Top Bottom