• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII w/PowerUp (JP) lets your cat be a general

CamHostage

No, this didn't have to be a thread here on GAF, I could have just bumped a very old Rot3K post or mentioned the feature in some other Vita thread or just kept this stupid nonsense to myself... and of course, it's an insultingly click-baity title... and I admit that my sole reasoning for caring about this game in the first place is pathetic my port-begging nature of wishing this or Nobunaga or some other RTS came to Vita since I love the idea of a touchscreen 3D strategy game ... and it's even more idiotic that I rushed this post and put "General" instead of "Officer" in the topic headline, as if somebody would beat me to the moron punch of posting about user-generated cat pics being allowed in a seldom-known Japanese game.

...but still.

The Power-Up version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII for PlayStation Vita coming to Japan in May lets you make your cat into an Officer in the game.

Rot3K---General-Cuteypuss.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc9rewAi-d8

(via Gematsu)

CamHostage

The version we deserve and won't get.

Agreed.
I posted this a few times before about how I was in love with the idea of touch features in the Vita version of Nobunaga's Ambition: SoI and Rot3K XIII, how they have pinch-to-zoom and gesture direction and hold-tap-for-info controls to give you easy control over massive armies on giant battlefields (plus I just like playing games like this away from the TV), and was saddened to hear both times that although the games were being localized the Vita versions were being skipped.

t03.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zs7AG92lR0

I still dream of something like an IRISZOOM engine game on a portable, and these Koei games kind of got my hopes up to experience that touch-play strategy gaming. There are a few mobile RTSes, but I'm still looking for one that catches me the right way.

Luckily, Nintendo Switch will be home to both Nobunaga and Romance franchise releases, and those games will/do retain the motion-control feature options of the Vita game. I take a guess that they'll look/run a little better too. So I'm crossing my fingers again...

graff02.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWOHaghGtU

...Still, the Switch version won't let your Cat become an Officer; you can use the IR Camera to scan an object for stats based on the "target's form and feel", but it won't let you customize characters with photos, so nyaa.

I was expecting a feline version of EA Game Face

When I saw the trailer and it snapped a picture of a cat, I also thought for a second it was going to map the cat face on a game character as a texture. Too bad. That said, seeing your user-generated Officers alongside the big Rot3K profile art is cool (it also should show up in the battlefield overview icon as well,) and you could stylize your cat photo before snapping it into the game to make it fit the atmosphere better (too bad you can't erase the BG for seamless integration.)

Wonder what the performance is like on Vita lol PS4 version has horrible graphics lag during big battles.

Awesome game otherwise but big battles already had bad performance, and now the PUK is going to increase battlefields 4x in size?

Thankfully, SIE included RTK13 PUK on their 'Pro Enhanced' list so maybe on my Pro it will be OK.

Going to buy it regardless. Liang is mine Ma Teng, Dong Zhuo. Join me or die*.

*wander around as a free officer until I get give you enough wine that you'll join me -_-

Top Bottom