• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

Doom85

Excited Celebration GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Fuck yes, first one was great, sign me the hell up!

Pejo

Didn't the first one only release last October? I guess since there's very few assets here, they can just churn them out?

Nautilus

Banned
Wait wait, hold on.

The first game JUST released.This is what, a DLC? An expansion?

Or is it like a sequel(Like, a full standalone game)?

Shifty1897

They say the stories aren't connected but I spy at least one character portrait from the first game (I think, I only played the demo for the first.)

I never got around to buying the first game. $30 seems kind of steep for what it is, but it hasn't gone on sale since release. I may just need to bite the bullet and pick it up.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wait wait, hold on.

The first game JUST released.This is what, a DLC? An expansion?

Or is it like a sequel(Like, a full standalone game)?
Sounds like a sequel.

They say the stories aren't connected but I spy at least one character portrait from the first game (I think, I only played the demo for the first.)

I never got around to buying the first game. $30 seems kind of steep for what it is, but it hasn't gone on sale since release. I may just need to bite the bullet and pick it up.
It went on sale once, along with Dungeon Encounters.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Sounds like a sequel.

It went on sale once, along with Dungeon Encounters.
Must have been part of the development then.I mean, they must have planned this from the get go, kind of like an episodic game. Makes me wonder if there is going to be a third game, to complete a "trilogy"?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game was so refreshing and l love how the story told through cards, my only issue with the game it was far too easy.

I hope this one bring more challenge.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm glad there is another game, hopefully it's more difficult than the previous one. I knew when I played the first game that they'd probably be churning these out pretty quickly since like 90% of the work for a sequel would already be done. Just gotta design the cards themselves (static images) and the story / voice acting.

I totally missed this. I saw it on the eShop for upcoming games yesterday and was blindsided. I really like the first game a lot.

That said, they clearly didn't put too much effort into this. It uses the exact same NPC character cards and basically a 1:1 asset reuse.

I guess it makes sense, like it's just a new dungeon master or whatever, but it feels they could have changed things up a LITTLE more as they game is not all that cheap.

Isa

200.gif
Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video

Time to necrobump an old thread for those interested.
It seems PlaystationSize found some neat things for those interested. Connected to this thread is another entry in the Voice of Cards games titled
The Beasts of Burden.

The next is a demo for Valkyrie Elysium.
Exciting news for those interested. Makes me wonder if a show is upcoming...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
200.gif
Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video

Time to necrobump an old thread for those interested.
It seems PlaystationSize found some neat things for those interested. Connected to this thread is another entry in the Voice of Cards games titled
The Beasts of Burden.

The next is a demo for Valkyrie Elysium.
Exciting news for those interested. Makes me wonder if a show is upcoming...

Very nice. Valkyrie really needs a demo to sell me on it. I want to see how the action feels since it's ex-Ninja Gaiden devs. Don't really care too much about the series, or the story. All about how the combat feels to play.

I'm in a weird spot with Voice of Cards in that I loved the demo, but still never set aside time to play the games. I bought the first two lol. I'll have to power through these sometime soon and get the third. In Yoko Taro I trust.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Very nice. Valkyrie really needs a demo to sell me on it. I want to see how the action feels since it's ex-Ninja Gaiden devs. Don't really care too much about the series, or the story. All about how the combat feels to play.

I'm in a weird spot with Voice of Cards in that I loved the demo, but still never set aside time to play the games. I bought the first two lol. I'll have to power through these sometime soon and get the third. In Yoko Taro I trust.
Ah yeah me too. I have both Voice of Cards titles as well, but only ever beat the first. Maybe they just released so close to one another I didn't hop into the next right away. More great art though means I have to get it lol.

I'm so down for Valkrie Elysium since they managed to get Motoi Sakuraba to do the music, plus we can get Lenneth as well with the more expensive digital version.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ah yeah me too. I have both Voice of Cards titles as well, but only ever beat the first. Maybe they just released so close to one another I didn't hop into the next right away. More great art though means I have to get it lol.

I'm so down for Valkrie Elysium since they managed to get Motoi Sakuraba to do the music, plus we can get Lenneth as well with the more expensive digital version.
Yeah, I might have to go digital if the game is awesome. That is a very nice bonus! I honestly never got into this series, but it would be neat to have.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Yeah, I might have to go digital if the game is awesome. That is a very nice bonus! I honestly never got into this series, but it would be neat to have.
I hope it pans out into a decent experience. It reminds me of Soul Hackers 2 in that its connected to an older storied franchise but suffers from a limited budget. I'm not expecting too much, I just want a fun time, a few tear jerker stories and some great tunes. Valkrie profile was my first purchase with my first official paycheck money(I did a lot of smaller under the counter stuff when I was a kid). I didn't expect such a melancholy game.

Top Bottom