• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vote for your best graphics of 2022

Best Graphics 2022

• Elden Ring

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • GT7

Votes: 34 8.0%
  • God of War: Ragnarok

Votes: 116 27.4%
  • Plague Tale: Requiem

Votes: 72 17.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 196 46.3%
  • Stray

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Scorn

Votes: 27 6.4%
  • The Last of Us Part I

Votes: 69 16.3%
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • The Quarry

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Prodeus

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Hyper Demon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Votes: 22 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spartan30gr

Horizon forbidden west whas the only cross gen game with next gen assets this year
And has the

best graphics of 2022​

Godzilla Deal With It GIF

Fredrik

1. GOWR has blown me away even if the water tech is weak, some areas are mind blowingly gorgeous.

1. 2. Horizon Forbidden West is impressive too, sadly I still have much to see to give it my top vote.

3. Elden Ring destroy everything in art design, on a gfx tech level it look too last gen though.

4. A Plague Tale Requiem can look absolutely phenomal at times, some animations drag it down a bit.

2. 5. Scorn is the most atmospheric game I’ve played in years.

Edit: After that water video SLB1904 SLB1904 posted, HFW takes this 👌
Edit 2: And after playing more of Scorn it’s #2

Last edited:
Horizon artistically doesn’t look great to me but graphically it’s the best one - (Best art is Elden Ring by several miles)

BbMajor7th

Yeah, I voted HFW too. It's a 7/10 game, but the graphics are an 11/10 - absurd that an open world game can look that consistently good. The facial animations are pretty much the best I've seen in a game and the detail on NPCs and incidental areas boggles the mind.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Plague tale requiem (which can rut at 8k60) wipes the floor with forbidden west when it comes to visuals. Same could be said about almost every pc game. A console game being even concidered for best visuals is laughtable.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

this is a hard one.

GOW Ragnarok for me when it comes to the snow and characters. also when you meet the fates, on an oled that shit blew my mind.

Forbidden west has the best open world. idk how Decima pulls that shit off.

scorn was ass but that whole world felt alive and gross at the same time. looked too damn good.

plague even with all its Frame issues has some of the best textures in gaming.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The character rendering in Calisto Protocol is some other shit.

FiECLZOVEAE1HnL

The first 30 minute "leak" I kept marveling at how good the characters look during cutscenes and gameplay.

And that was the peasant version of the game.
Cant wait to see Calisto Protocol maxed out on PC.

I was actually planning on waiting abit to see if the game has shader comp issues.
But now I think ill just be the guinea pig and start a midnight playthrough and get as far as I can before blacking out.

So good.

FiOMAGCWQAI2moX

They even got some character designers from UC4, God of War Ragnarok team to work on this tech.
Next level shit.

Imtjnotu

The character rendering in Calisto Protocol is some other shit.

FiECLZOVEAE1HnL

The first 30 minute "leak" I kept marveling at how good the characters look during cutscenes and gameplay.

And that was the peasant version of the game.
Cant wait to see Calisto Protocol maxed out on PC.

I was actually planning on waiting abit to see if the game has shader comp issues.
But now I think ill just be the guinea pig and start a midnight playthrough and get as far as I can before blacking out.

So good.

FiOMAGCWQAI2moX

They even got some character designers from UC4, God of War Ragnarok team to work on this tech.
Next level shit.
shocked tyler james williams GIF by HULU

that unreal render thoooo

Horizon FW probably. Hon mentions go to LoU part 1, plague tale requiem, and god of war.

I’d imagine if I owned a high end PC id be voting for Elden Ring too. It’s too rough on ps5 though. Frame rate still not great, lod management is bad.

Valonquar

I just replayed Horizon:FW for New Game+ trophies right after I'd finished GoW:R. Both are really good looking games, but GoW:R just felt more expressive. Really felt Kratos going through pain in some of those cutscenes.

Plague tale requiem (which can rut at 8k60) wipes the floor with forbidden west when it comes to visuals. Same could be said about almost every pc game. A console game being even concidered for best visuals is laughtable.
Visuals? Or graphics? Graphics yeah but you can’t just discount the other half aka the artistry, animations, etc

Case in point- look how many votes Elden Ring is getting

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Visuals? Or graphics? Graphics yeah but you can’t just discount the other half aka the artistry, animations, etc

Case in point- look how many votes Elden Ring is getting
I see it this way... elden ring has low quality assets but its art direction is so good it carries the game and the main reason why its possible for it to be nice to look at.
It still looks terrible until you disable the vignette, chromatic aberration and use the 70gb texture improvement project mod which you cant even do on console and thats not even mentioning film grain, depth of field and motion blur which the console games that are winning this poll often have no way of disabling since you cant edit the .ini files.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Horizon: Forbidden West, its the best looking game ever made.

The amount of detail in the open world is staggering. Its a work of art.

Runner up: TLOU: Part 1. It looks even better than Horizon at times, and the facial animations are a gen ahead of every other game in existence - But I give the edge to HFW for it being open world. Insane what GG did
Lmao. Come on.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
More people need to play Plague Tale 2.
Definitely it's a looker, environments are stunning.
Better then Horizon Forbidden West but overall with Character models Horizon Forbidden West tops it imo
But it's close.

Crayon

Seems like it would be horizon by a mile but i have not seen any of the real contenders running in person. Namely gow, plague tale, tlou1, and dying light 2 with the rt maxed out.

fart town usa

Gold Member
tommib tommib coming in with that Ghostwire: Tokyo love.

Robert Redford Nodding GIF by Turner Classic Movies

I picked Elden Ring due to the art style alone. Still not sure why some people say the game is ugly. And Yes, I don't give a shit about asset reusage. Developers spend untold hours creating this stuff, I'd reuse it too. Time ain't free yo.

Chill.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As much as I rag on Horizon Forbidden West being an utter snoozefest that I didn't finish and have now uninstalled, on pure graphical fidelity it wins out against anything else released.

Also who the hell voted for Gotham Knights? That better be ironically.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Hmmm photorealistic?

Some levels in the SP call of duty
Horizon forbidden west
TLOU remake

Thats about it i guess
Art direction is eeeh

Loop hero
That rollerblade arena game

Top Bottom