• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Those DoKomi streams are always so cringe for me.

Kawaii Four News:

I saw Suzu will do a collab with a Japanese streamer. I looked her up, and apparently she is a Japanese teacher. Her voice is even softer than Uto and Nabi mama:

Also Nene's Oneesan ASMR is the absolutely best ASMR I've ever listened to. Nene is just pure healing.

Nene also just covered one of the most difficult Eminem Raps:

Actually pretty interesting, she kickstarted a virtual school project: https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/379725

English translation: https://notepad.pw/markdown/rjczy0oq
so she uses her character to teach kids?

as for DoKomi and other CON streams I find them all have the same vibe for me, it is an unease to feel I am part of a geekdom just a weird feeling when you see how diehard these fans are

but then again it is another major source of income for the girls I just roll with it
still don't like twitch I don't like using it

Last edited:
who is this with Polka?
Seems she's from Nijisanji: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0g1AE0DOjBYnLhkgoRWN1w/about
Quite many subscribers.

so she uses her character to teach kids?
Not just kids, also people that didn't go to school because they are too scared of the outside world, or those that dropped out.
She also seeks to hire other teachers to join her.
You can read it up in the notepad document I linked.

2 and 3

I have given up on doggo visiting Minecraft at all to think she would be visiting EN as the parade of visits each day continues
I think it is good that Korone is not into Minecraft she has an addiction issue me thinks ;p

GG doggo noises

Last edited:
Sana is taking a break

she seems overwhelmed got some news the other day passing of family? family pet?
not sure of the story but Tako sounds like a pet. A dog.

Tako was special to her but mental she is having a hard time

I don't really know much about pets and animals in the family but this could not happen at a worst time for Sana.

Shion lost her cat recently too she took a break too I think, but not much of one. You can't stream and pretend to be happy when you are not.

I hope Sana will recover from this and we don't lose her from feeling left behind by her genmates she already has the lowest subcount, does not need much more excuses to walk away.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Thought this would interest people here. Some vtubers are voice acting characters in game due to release next year

Hololive collaboration

《Little Witch Nobeta》is collaborating with the virtual YouTuber brand Hololive Production by COVER Corp. The three bosses: Ribbon Loving Soul Doll – Tania, Doll Hugging Soul Doll – Monica, and Soul Doll of The Throne – Vanessa will be voiced by Omaru Polka, Shirakami Fubuki and Shirogane Noel.

bcff3893887d53f226711279ca4d878ff949f19d.png
a8ba933c846c650a58cef2469d4ca5e4830e8433.png
eb3db38964b7c13c7b46d9a99a9cd747eb3c1ecf.png

Game in question with some samples of their voice acting

Last edited:
Thought this would interest people here. Some vtubers are voice acting characters in game due to release next year

Game in question with some samples of their voice acting

inception is real

funny thing is I just found a Japanese fan website with profitles of many vtubers and Hololive talents and who they were online before they joined Hololive.

I got kinda worried about Sana and wanted to know if she would be okay if she left Hololive soon, turns out she is a successful illustrator.
Might have also been a friend to Ina's other life.

But to see Hololive vTubers have radio shows, and now voice acting other characters under the Hololive persona that is so much cloak and dagger lol.

But there are some fans out there who make it a hobby to know everything.

Man they posted photos and accounts of Fauna's boyfriend lol but they can't narrow down Mumei's BF to one guy so they outted 2 dudes

One thing for sure Mumeii can sing her ass off she has a really bright future with Hololive's connections she could have been the vsinger because I really don't like IRyS music much at all. At least so far I have not found what the big deal is.

Last edited:
How the hell can Kiara remember all her million followers to tell that a single person is not coming lately?

Also people may leave but also new people join. People always need some variations in their lives from time to time.

Last edited:
How the hell can Kiara remember all her million followers to tell that a single person is not coming lately?

Also people may leave but also new people join. People always need some variations in their lives from time to time.
Kiara is always worried about something, but she has been streaming ince she was what 15? She had practice remembering names for sure.
Bit yeah she can't remember everyone.

I think people like myself for the fist 6 months who would drop some AKAs now have stopped simping she no longer reads that name it would make some sense that she remembers a few of the regular Aka droppers

also being behind Ina or 5th place in her gen drives her nutty.

I did not think I had any more Minecraft to watch saw this stream coming but I did not know they were members of a company from the JP side wanting to build together on EN

4 girls can build a lot of stuff in a short time
cam't wait to see what the EN side turns into

POVs

they go to EN 2 hours in

more Flare

Last edited:
Gura has been building in secret but she hut her hand so has not been streaming after the Haunted House started

Never seen such a real mind break before:

I watch the whole 6 hours I think it was lack of sleep and she hates losing to her genmates

clip is not really what happened she did not agree to leave it she kept on going nuts for a while longer

she was trending on twitter for the long painful laugh near the end there, Hololive seems to trend on twitter easily no wonder they started to give them verified status

She is very agressive when she plays, see the Dead by Daylight Collab she hated Gura showing her mercy even when Gura's turn was a practice round for everyone else.

I think there was a stream where Gura told Chat Kronii was an easy target for pranks and this right here proved her correct

some highlights of how she broke

few clips are missing be you would have to watch 3 streams for the POVs and that would be 5 hours x3 lol
I had 3 windows open for this one

Last edited:
I had to look back but Ina's date to the Summer festival on the JP server was Lammy
Ina spend that 6 hour stream building Lammy a house behind her own house as a gift for when Lammy visits EN.

At least it is good to know some of these girls have boyfriends or you would think everyone is gay in Hololive.

Well the fans would not like them to date HoloStars I guess

Wild Patra appeared

Giantbomb also talked about people complaining about this because they never played the old metroids that did the exact same shit
All of Giantbomb praised the game for putting this elments in. That guy really looks dumb trying to pass it off as bad gaming design but it has always ben a metroid thing.

In most gaming reaction clips I have been watching in the past month they all feature a vtuber at random, it is a good sign that they are being accepted in the gaming side.

Man they posted photos and accounts of Fauna's boyfriend lol but they can't narrow down Mumei's BF to one guy so they outted 2 dudes.

At least it is good to know some of these girls have boyfriends or you would think everyone is gay in Hololive.

Well the fans would not like them to date HoloStars I guess
IMO you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're selling this anime waifu fantasy, it comes with the territory. If you don't want that you've got be open and honest upfront, but vtubers don't usually do that because it would affect their income. They live off of these lonely guys simping for them, and I think it's not good to string those guys along and then just turn around and have your normie life with a relationship off stream. That's true for regular streamers, but for anime avatars too.

IMO you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're selling this anime waifu fantasy, it comes with the territory. If you don't want that you've got be open and honest upfront, but vtubers don't usually do that because it would affect their income. They live off of these lonely guys simping for them, and I think it's not good to string those guys along and then just turn around and have your normie life with a relationship off stream. That's true for regular streamers, but for anime avatars too.

There are some types of girls who are super shy and would not even know how to talk to a guy and would freak out if one liked her that way who becomes vtubers, then you have the outgoing attention seeking streamer who becomes a vtuber because it is the hot trend. One will stay home with her body pillow and never have a man. The other has many boyfriends to take her out to dinner. Japan is a whole different place so that is why that website exist outing the real info behind every vtuber.

Sure, it is just part of the expectations structure with Idols in Japan not having boyfriends for the same reason to be the fan's dream.
But even if Hololive wanted the JP girls not to have relationships IRL as they branch off to western countries it becomes harder to find women in their early 20s willing to not date or be in a relationship.

Some people forget this is pretend and want to really feel they are in a relationship with an anime girl.

I do understand the point of view that would say these girls make income from the simps so they should not be giving their time to someone else IRL.

But really none of this is really healthy expectations. Should not be expecting more from her than she shows up 3-5 times a week to stream.

I think boths sides have agreed on the lie. I mean if you are in love with an anime girl who has hundreds of thousands of fans you should not expect that she would someday marry you and not one of those other simps. She can't fuck you all, so I really don't see the issue if she has a normie life outside of streams.

The truth would be better sure, some fans don't need her to be single or gay. Some fans don't have to pretend it is more than entertainment.

Still I can understand the argument that if you join a Host Club teasing and fluffing up someone's emotions it would be nice if you were single and dedicated to only that life as an emotion fluffer. But if you work in a Host Club you are human made of flesh and it is you that is doing the whole sale.

A virtual anime girl is a virtual life, she is not the human though. The human can't really give you for reals who the anime girl's lore says she is.
So in a way you are simping the Anime Girl not the human who voices her. You really don't want the voice she won't look like that at all.

it is a complex mind fuck, that is why I don't think the talent is living a lie, she is just selling a role then the movie ends at some point.

As long as the person does not break the 4th wall telling you how her BF got lucky last night, I don't see the issue. If you are pretending focus on the character and not the human. You can't have both the character and the human. Because if you could the girls would not be allowed to have pets they love because when they those pets die the girl cries and takes a long break from streaming.

You can't have it all, best thing is she is living a stable life allowing her more time to stream.

How humans mind fuck themselves and each other fascinates me, that is why I am a fan in this community eating this shit up.

A virtual anime girl is a virtual life, she is not the human though. The human can't really give you for reals who the anime girl's lore says she is.
So in a way you are simping the Anime Girl not the human who voices her. You really don't want the voice she won't look like that at all.

it is a complex mind fuck, that is why I don't think the talent is living a lie, she is just selling a role then the movie ends at some point.

As long as the person does not break the 4th wall telling you how her BF got lucky last night, I don't see the issue. If you are pretending focus on the character and not the human. You can't have both the character and the human. Because if you could the girls would not be allowed to have pets they love because when they those pets die the girl cries and takes a long break from streaming.
It is indeed complex because the role and the person blend together. Vtubers talk about non-character stuff all the time, like their hobbies, what kind of games, music or movies they enjoy, or even about friends and family. That's not stuff they made up, and if it was people would leave in droves because who wants to listen to made up stories from streamers? Ultimately it's a role you can put a lot of yourself into. The line between real and fantasy is easily blurred in this field. I don't take this stuff too seriously, but there's people out there who 'fall for it' and you owe it to them to be honest about what's on offer. The fact that this particular information specifically is withheld from the audience tells you it's hugely important.

It is indeed complex because the role and the person blend together. Vtubers talk about non-character stuff all the time, like their hobbies, what kind of games, music or movies they enjoy, or even about friends and family. That's not stuff they made up, and if it was people would leave in droves because who wants to listen to made up stories from streamers? Ultimately it's a role you can put a lot of yourself into. The line between real and fantasy is easily blurred in this field. I don't take this stuff too seriously, but there's people out there who 'fall for it' and you owe it to them to be honest about what's on offer. The fact that this particular information specifically is withheld from the audience tells you it's hugely important.
Agreed, it is a very difficult and complex structure. I really can't imagine dating or being the boyfriend of a Hololive vtuber I think an indie has enough trouble with people trying to start up drama for clout. I think the secret identity thing is good for safety but bad for trust.

I see some girls ride the trust line very well, for example Kiara does this every KFP member knows who she is unless you are new.
You can follow her old life and she will tell you about that life in streams but sometimes she slips up and calls herslf Kiara. So the two identities really blur the lines with her. Kiara is the most open and exposed because she has both personas active online.
So it is an open secret with her, she would tell you her real name if Hololive allowed it, she even has her mom on minecraft with her and fans know her mom has a boyfriend.

Hololive already had ex-relationships sink their talent by releasing drama and personal info. I think the only way to avoid this is not be in a relationship.

If you are in Holo-EN and have a boyfriend, at some point dude might get bitter and salty and want to mess up your income.
So in a way I see it as beneficial not to be in a relationship doing this type of work. Besides Hololive keeps these girls super busy some hardly sleep.

We can't really know the current status of the girls since that fansite uses tweets and posts from months to years before a girl joined.

Post about dating this dude before they joined Hololive. Unless they live together it would be hard to say the relationship is current.

Fauna and Mumei are the only one's right now with a boyfriend bring profiled.
These Gen 2 girls are still playing the lore game and have not gotten too personal.
Sana had to be personal because her pet died.

But having BFs for someone like Mumei who is selling the little one who you need to protect persona can have a huge backfire

Mumei's old persona has a youtuber channel with 1 million subs so her music and voice had a following, that profile is not deleted just not updated.
She is on par with Gura. But Mumei is selling the one to protect anime girl and a boyfriend or boyfriends start messing with her Hololive would lose a really good singer. They are selling the wrong lore for Mumei it will attract the kind of fans that will be overprotective and go nuts to find a secret BF.

Unless she does not want the music career which her old youtube life would say otherwise Mumei is going to be as bussy as Gura is soon.

Right now a fan has to want to google and find these profiles, but some fans knew who the girls were on debut day.

Even Yagoo would be in the way if he was not painted as a meme Best Girl

this girl doing just fine on her own

UTO is just badass to get to her 3D so quick

her 3D model is a little stiff but it is to be expected without a big staff behind you. I like Uto but she neeeds to know just copying the Hololive formula is not enough to get the quality.

3D Camera needs work but 10K live a good following.

A birthday stream, I still wish Ame would say hello. I dunno why I want Ame and Uto to be sisters so bad.

an old 2D clip

she is cuter in 2D

Last edited:
Enna clips are so entertaining, seriously just enter "Enna ch" in youtube and watch all the clips.

-----------------------

Also, Shantae actually indicates hidden passages, even in that sample clip linked.

And I agree, Vtubers are real people, so their responsibilities should also be real. I honestly wouldn't mind it much if a Vtuber outright talked about her boyfriend and stuff, but if she goes the "I treat everyone like they were my boyfriends", then I can totally understand when people get upset when they secretly also have a boyfriend in real life. You can't have a working harem if you don't treat every partner equally.

That being said, I still listen to Fauna's ASMR.

Oh yeah, Fauna actually suggested IryS's ASMR during her ASMR so I listened to that yesterday. IryS is quite Yandere-like, but more "yan" than "dere". Not really into that but the ASMR was indeed pretty good for the first try with a binaural mic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom