• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waiting for BF2042? You can literally get BFV for free while you wait.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I was watching one of my favorite Twitch streamers and then this popped up in my Twitch offers: https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/battlefieldv?ingress=twch:amp-battlefieldv

That's right, they're giving Battlefield V away for FREE.

Step 1. Sign up for the free amazon prime trial with the link above and link your amazon & twitch accounts.
Step 2. Click "Claim now" to get your free code for Battlefield V. Then open Origin and redeem it because it expires October 1.
Step 3. Log into your amazon account and cancel Amazon Prime. You won't be charged, and you'll now have 30 free days of amazon prime too.
Step 4. Unlink your amazon and twitch accounts if you want.

I was going skip this completely and just wait for BF2042, but for the low price of free I'll download it and play around with some ray tracing while I wait for BF2042 to release. Just wanted to share this since it's a really good deal.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I did this the other day… what is Amazon gaming and why are they tricking us with free games? 🤔

I'm saying. I claimed a few free games from then and I still don't get their end game.

I already buy from Amazon so..... I still don't truly understand what its promoting.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I did this the other day… what is Amazon gaming and why are they tricking us with free games? 🤔
Maybe they're trying to get folks to use Prime I guess... as long as they don't require me to use a new store client or game launcher then I'm in lol.

Ew.

Just go and play BF4 like the rest of us are doing

I already have BF4. Plus this one has ray traced reflections to play around with, plus it's free so there's nothing to lose.

Last edited:
isn't B5 the game that lost mass amounts of money and bombed because the studio told people to not buy it if they don't like it?
something about female characters?

EDMIX

isn't B5 the game that lost mass amounts of money and bombed because the studio told people to not buy it if they don't like it?
something about female characters?

Moved like 9 million units, i put a little over 400 hours in it, don't believe everything you read on IGN =)

Moved like 9 million units, i put a little over 400 hours in it, don't believe everything you read on IGN =)
"On February 5, 2019, EA's CEO Andrew Wilson announced that the game ultimately failed to meet sales expectations, blaming the game's marketing as well as their focus on developing a single-player campaign instead of a battle royale mode, a genre which had gained recent widespread popularity. Wilson also highlighted Battlefield V's long development cycle, and release in a month of strong competition. EA's stock prices also faced its worst drop in more than a decade during its third quarter of the fiscal year, declining by around 18 percent, which EA attributed in part to the poor sales of the game.[44][45][46]"

Sounds like a flop. This does not mean that people should not enjoy it though. If they do, then that's cool.

I own all of these games and couldn't differentiate them for the life of me. All were freebies, or almost.
E70KxQsX0AAy9oC

Does any of these games even have a single player component? I don't care about online multiplayer.

EDMIX

"On February 5, 2019, EA's CEO Andrew Wilson announced that the game ultimately failed to meet sales expectations, blaming the game's marketing as well as their focus on developing a single-player campaign instead of a battle royale mode, a genre which had gained recent widespread popularity. Wilson also highlighted Battlefield V's long development cycle, and release in a month of strong competition. EA's stock prices also faced its worst drop in more than a decade during its third quarter of the fiscal year, declining by around 18 percent, which EA attributed in part to the poor sales of the game.[44][45][46]"

Sounds like a flop. This does not mean that people should not enjoy it though. If they do, then that's cool.

You give a valid point, I'll only add that they could be expecting 100 million units at all times lol jk ....maybe, its EA for all we know they feel they'll make the next fortnite any minute lol

I enjoyed it a lot and never really played the BF single players despite being a massive story based gamer, I simply don't care for any of the campaigns in BF, so MP was the only focus for me as to why I don't think I got or understood any of the hate. I've never played the series for anything historical and my focus has always been just the gameplay on series.

I feel lots of things hurt BFV, that 18 month cycle, the producer's comments, but I feel the short dev time is what really did it for me as I don't really follow or care about anything that goes on with social media and Kojima himself can say we can buy the game or not and I'd still buy what he makes and I feel the comment got people waaaaay too sensitive, the point was pretty fucking moot as that is what we do already, it would be like me saying I won't buy a Switch cause someone from Nintendo said that recently as if I never had the power to choose prior or something lol

I'm happy with the changes to BF in terms of just getting rid of the single player and putting that energy into MP, getting rid of the whole BR thing too. I think with this next one being cross gen, we'll see BF4 type sales.

With BF Portal, seems like historically accurate anything is now suddenly no longer an issue =)

KeepYourHeart1989 KeepYourHeart1989 They all have a single player mode....I wouldn't recommend it. I love me some good single player too, but this isn't it. Doom reboot, Doom Eternal, Far Cry 5, Metro series, etc lots of great single player FPS titles exist, this simply isn't the series for it.

Last edited:

Kupfer

I own all of these games and couldn't differentiate them for the life of me. All were freebies, or almost.
E70KxQsX0AAy9oC

Does any of these games even have a single player component? I don't care about online multiplayer.
3 and 4, both have a pretty decent campaign I really enjoyed. But I feel it was like a decade ago, I don't know how well the games have aged. But writing and thinking about the Games make me feel like I want to play the games again.
@topic:
Even for free I don't want to have this game. In my opinion, you shouldn't support Amazon and with every item you buy there, with every download you make there and with every click on their site, you are playing to this opaque and all-consuming mega company - just out of laziness. Not everything that is "free" is good and has to be "owned" (as a user you don't own any digital content anyway).

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Try community maps before hating it. Hardcore mode with %200 damage is awesome, you can actually kill someone this time lol.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Now that I’m playing this, I think it’s killed my hype for BF2042. After playing COD, I don’t think I’m feeling BF anymore. Also, seems like I keep getting one shotted while the enemy has lots of health.

Edit: Downloading again... going to give this one more try.

Last edited:

manfestival

BF1 single player campaign was pretty interesting for the first 2 stories or whatever. It started running dry towards the middle of the game for me. Fortunately you can play them however you want. I tried BF5 but that wasn't very interesting as far as the campaign. Just felt like they were trying to copy what they did with BF1 but were not as successful with.
I do think BF5 is a decent multiplayer game. Shame the current state of the game is imo the worst state as far as balance goes. It definitely has a ton of content but I still lament all of the changes they made to the game throughout the seasons

Umbasaborne

Banned
Because it had dynamic res up to 4k on xbox one x, it should run at native 4k 60 fps on series x if you want a nice show piece game

Top Bottom