• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walton Goggins cast as villain in Tomb Raider reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaislip3

Walton Goggins is in final negotiations to join Warner Bros, MGM and GK Films reboot of “Tomb Raider,” the latest adaptation of the popular video game starring Alicia Vikander as the iconic character Lara Croft.

WB recently announced the pic would be released on March 16, 2018 with Norwegian director Roar Uthaug helming.

Goggins would play the antagonist in the film.

More at the link.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/tomb-raider-casts-walton-goggins-villain-alicia-vikander-1201886922/

Solo

What a waste of his talents. At least we have Vice Principals S2.

Also, it's Walton, motherfuckers.

Krakn3Dfx

They should just make the main villain Boyd Crowder.

tumblr_inline_nmrzistG1F1qc8s7l_500.gif

tumblr_n3etlmqANI1qe5ugfo9_250.gif

Nice to see him land something with a higher profile. I still wish he had wound up as the Joker.

Anyways, what's this grenade reference all about? I feel like I'm forgetting something I should know about, but can't remember.

jelly

I can see him in a waste coat, taking off his hat, wiping his brow, getting in her face while she furious taps 'x' to fight back.

AudioEppa

It's crazy how he became popular after the shield, The way his character turned on that show really fucked with people emotionally, but I think it gave him as an actor a good opportunity to be a part of something that is memorable, even if it's dark.

There was never going to be any happy Sunday dinners for the strike force.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Goggins getting a nice paycheck. I'd say that's...justified.

I don't have high expectations for the movie but I've literally never seen him turn in a bad performance. Ever.

goodcow

It's crazy how he became popular after the shield, The way his character turned on that show really fucked with people emotionally, but I think it gave him as an actor a good opportunity to be a part of something that is memorable, even if it's dark.

There was never going to be any happy Sunday dinners for the strike force.

Family meeting!

They really should get someone decent to direct and write. Unlike most video game films, I genuinely think there is a good film in the themes of the game. Its a female Indiana Jones. It cant be that hard to do well.

BTW Who is playing Lara? They have to find someone with super likability and charisma instead of a generic pretty face.

Keep him away from the grenades

Won't this be his most high-profile role yet, in film at least? A means to an end.

He was in Hateful eight. And personally I would say he was one of the leads in Hateful eight.

big ander

Goggins is amazing, just upgraded this from "I'll expend no mental energy on this movie ever" to "maybe if it's on cable I'll watch it one day far in the future"
They really should get someone decent to direct and write. Unlike most video game films, I genuinely think there is a good film in the themes of the game. Its a female Indiana Jones. It cant be that hard to do well.

BTW Who is playing Lara? They have to find someone with super likability and charisma instead of a generic pretty face.

He was in Hateful eight. And personally I would say he was one of the leads in Hateful eight.

Says in the OP: Alicia Vikander. who really could do something with it, I guess, she's charismatic. great in Ex Machina, supposedly super fun in The Man from UNCLE

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That guy has the most British name ever. Before I clicked on the link and recognized him as "oh it's that guy from The Shield/Justified" I was soooo sure he was gonna be an elderly white British bloke. xD

He looks like one of those generic evil white guys from Uncharted, so I guess why not.
lol, so true.

Who the hell asked for another damn TR movie though, seriously. -_-

Goggins is amazing, just upgraded this from "I'll expend no mental energy on this movie ever" to "maybe if it's on cable I'll watch it one day far in the future"

Says in the OP: Alicia Vikander. who really could do something with it, I guess, she's charismatic. great in Ex Machina, supposedly super fun in The Man from UNCLE

Oh wow. She could be great.

Now just get a good writer. Cautiously optimistic.

Walton Goggins needs as much exposure as possible - he's a tremendous actor and fantastic in everything I've seen him in.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how big his role in Hateful Eight was.

Me too. Was expecting him to have a bit part but was really glad how big his role ended up being.

She was fantastic in Man from UNCLE. I think she could do well making a more modern Lara Croft movie popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom