• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walton Goggins cast as villain in Tomb Raider reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

children-2.gif

I do hope Zack Ward (Konstantin in ROTTR) gets a role

celebs10.jpg

I'll never watch a scene from tv that hits harder for the rest of my life.

Found his end on the show far more brutal. Spent so much time wondering how his story would end, and never expecting them to just end it with a dose of reality with him simply killing himself as the cops close in. In a finale filled with outlandishness, that hit hard.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Goggins? Vikander? Sounds good, should be better than the Jolie ones, though I suppose that's not a very high bar.

What a waste of his talents. At least we have Vice Principals S2.

Also, it's Walton, motherfuckers.

yes it is a waste but this got me day 1'ing a freaking Tomb Raider reboot now.

any high profile role right now is a win for my dude. very underrated actor.

Good for him, get that paycheck.

Oh and anytime they want they can give him all of those Emmy awards he deserved for The Shield and Justified.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'd be so much more interested in this if they had cast Daisy Ridley but he's a pretty great get, though.

LewieP

Feels like a real missed opportunity that he wasn't cast as Jesse in the Preacher TV show.

Edit: He was great in Community, too.

It's crazy how he became popular after the shield, The way his character turned on that show really fucked with people emotionally, but I think it gave him as an actor a good opportunity to be a part of something that is memorable, even if it's dark.

There was never going to be any happy Sunday dinners for the strike force.

I have to be honest, during The Shield I hated not only his character, but the actor paying him as well. He was simply unforgivable in that show.
But after seeing him in SoA, I softened up after coming to terms he was just paying a character, especially seeing the character he was playing (i see that gif).
I have yet to check out Justified, but I like him in Vice Principals. Not sure if that's enough to get me to go watch this movie in a theater, but I'll keep an eye out now.

I will watch anything with Walton Goggins in it
Dude steals the show in whatever he's in.

I think I read somewhere that he was only supposed to be in an episode or two of Justified. Can't imagine the show without him.

I have to be honest, during The Shield I hated not only his character, but the actor paying him as well.
I can absolutely understand hating the character, and that's often great acting that can well that up in you and hone it. But I've never understood how that translates into hating the person playing the role.

I can absolutely understand hating the character, and that's often great acting that can well that up in you and hone it. But I've never understood how that translates into hating the person playing the role.

I loved that show and the Strike team. Probably still my #1 favorite show on a first viewing.
I was so invested in the show that what Shane had done struck me so hard, that i thought of the actor and the character as one in the same.
It was literally the only thing I had ever seen him in at the time, so once i started seeing him in other roles, it helped me to appreciate what he was as an actor to bring that out in the show.

BouncyFrag

He needs to voice the main in the next Red Dead Redemption game. Check out this resemblance from the first Red Dead game.
PrmvP6uxC4Do.jpg
red_dead_revolver_coverart-jpg.34701

big ander

She was fantastic in Man from UNCLE. I think she could do well making a more modern Lara Croft movie popular.

Watched it tonight and now think this movie could be really great if they lean into making Croft playful. Vikander in Man from UNCLE's so good as a wild card smartass. unimpressed by everything, constantly needling the other two, getting wasted and dancing around, improvising in missions. Honestly the best possible route would be for her to truly just be a female Indy, it's right in her wheelhouse.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'd like to believe that Goggins is above this kind of tripe, but Daniel Craig hit it big after that awful first attempt, so good for him?

Watched it tonight and now think this movie could be really great if they lean into making Croft playful. Vikander in Man from UNCLE's so good as a wild card smartass. unimpressed by everything, constantly needling the other two, getting wasted and dancing around, improvising in missions. Honestly the best possible route would be for her to truly just be a female Indy, it's right in her wheelhouse.

yeah i think she can pivot away from Jolie's "boss chick" persona and more towards a more playful take on the character.

baffled as to why some people wanted Daisy Ridley over her, Alicia is so much better and more experienced as well.

Anyone who hasn't seen him in the Hateful Eight needs to go watch it right now. He steals the whole god damn movie.

Not to mention Justified. God damn if the way Boyd Crowder talks doesn't make me fucking swoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom