• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wanted: Dead | Review Thread

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I wish the CE had a plushie of the orange cat, then it’d be a no brainer. It’s a valentines gift so I may go standard edition and get Nier Automata too.
Fun Fact: The game actually was released on Valentine's Day last year and was packaged all in pink.

Automata is great, so it gets my vote. Hope you enjoy them both.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
PC patch notes, can't find anything regarding consoles

Toned down that first ninja lol. Probably a good call.

Only thing I'm interested in is this new manual cover update. Player stats is a nice, minor addition.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Toned down that first ninja lol. Probably a good call.

Only thing I'm interested in is this new manual cover update. Player stats is a nice, minor addition.

I want my fookin' 'chievos man, why does this game have to be so unpolished ? I've started it on Japanese hard today :D

Seriously though , how the fuck haven't they noticed the HUGE transparent rectangle on the PS5 version ? what about the no stim-pack glitch ? The game crashing ? The framerate still shitting itself even when there's not much going on on screen ? Half of the trophies not unlocking ?

I really, really don't get it, it took them 1 year to release a G'damned patch, now we got a 2nd one after a couple of weeks and the game's most serious problems are still there, are these guys blind ? Have they actually playtested this shit before releasing it ?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I want my fookin' 'chievos man, why does this game have to be so unpolished ? I've started it on Japanese hard today :D
Good luck man lol. I did finish it on J. Hard. I'll give 2 more tips. You're not going to like them lol. I think the ideal way to play the game is likely hard mode. I consider Japanese Hard an additional layer of challenge past normal, where you have to really alter your playstyle just to make it. It was satisfying to finish it, but I wouldn't do it again lol.

1) I forced myself to max the atrocious crane game during all stage breaks. Every time you collect something you get upgrade points. In my mind it was so difficult that any edge to get upgrades faster was required.
2) Hit up on the d-pad to switch assault rifle to single shot mode. Everyone does so much more damage that you have to play more conservatively behind cover than you otherwise would. I had to just stay hidden and hunt for single headshots since they do the most damage. If you fire from cover with burst fire, you will run out of ammo much quicker.

Keep us posted!

Last edited:
DAMN they casualized the pleb filter? The Ninja in the police station is way more fucking savage, if you fuck up you might as well restart the checkpoint because the gauntlet afterward will fuck you up.

near

Gold Member
QoL changes seem really positive to be fair, and I'm glad they're still making an effort to refine the game. Not sure about the reworked first ninja encounter though, while there is an immediate spike in difficulty upon encountering him, it also services the rest of the game as a learning opportunity. Neko mode gamers probably complained. Respect to all who died dozens of times to beat him, your death count wasn't in vain!

Also, we have an OT to discuss the game:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
QoL changes seem really positive to be fair, and I'm glad they're still making an effort to refine the game. Not sure about the reworked first ninja encounter though, while there is an immediate spike in difficulty upon encountering him, it also services the rest of the game as a learning opportunity. Neko mode gamers probably complained. Respect to all who died dozens of times to beat him, your death count wasn't in vain!

Also, we have an OT to discuss the game:

I tried that first ninja a hundred times, refused the cat ears easy mode. Ended up quitting after that. Maybe I'll go back if they actually made that bearable.

near

Gold Member
I tried that first ninja a hundred times, refused the cat ears easy mode. Ended up quitting after that. Maybe I'll go back if they actually made that bearable.
You should give it another go. My concern is that if they only balanced the first ninja, then you'll still be in for a rough time, as there are still several acts that are quite tough.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
On sale for 15 now on xbox.
Now THAT is a good price !

Also : NEW UPDATE just came out, it rebalances things, adds a different skill tree and a couple more things like shooting the pistol while sliding, being able to de-limb enemies when shooting them etc...

PS: For PS owners, the game is "PS4 & PS5" now, it used to be that if you bought 1 version you didn't get the other free, or, in the case of owning the PS4 disc version, you couldn't upgrade for free to the PS5 one, hey, it only took them 1+ year !

Last edited:
Top Bottom