• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just downloaded this and played a bit through the tutorial today.

As a mostly console player, the keyboard controls feel a little weird. Wondering if I should pop in a controller and just keep playing it that way. Is the game pretty controller friendly? Are there enough buttons for everything?

I've been playing with a DS4 and it's perfectly fine for regular gameplay after tweaking the sensitivity (and possibly button bindings). The regular gamepad setting works better than the official controller setup in Steam. The only problems I have are:
- The keyboard is effectively disabled when using the controller, so I can't just press a key to chat: I have to bring up the pause menu, press L2 to get the chat panel up and press X to type, after which I can type on the keyboard.
- I have to use the mouse to put Ayatan stars into sculptures, because the game seems to be using the actual mouse position instead of the cursor for detecting the hotspot.

Sarcasm

GAF clan is ready for ascension!

Ascension of the clan requires 30 people total to visit the ceremonial pedestal.. thing, which looks like this:

Do this and you'll get 10,000 Endo for free! Once 30 people activate it, there will be a limited time where other clan members can still activate it for free endo.

Okay I can't do this when I stand near or in it, what do I do?

maxpro91

Neo Member

Ascension of the clan requires 30 people total to visit the ceremonial pedestal.. thing, which looks like this:

Do this and you'll get 10,000 Endo for free! Once 30 people activate it, there will be a limited time where other clan members can still activate it for free endo.

Wow! Can someone invite me to Gaf clan?
IGN: maxpro91

Thank you!

Ken

Posting so I can remind myself to do it in a few days since I recently joined the clan too.

Brannon

I'd definitely want to get in on the action, if somebody would invite me to the clan: (

PC/Steam

Brannon

Warframe: Reisadan

The trouble is that you'd need to be part of the clan for some time to access it I believe. Like a week? So it's a bit late to get in on that 10k endo if you're just asking now...

But the clan is super big and happy to help farm! Legit shook at how much the Gaf clan has grown lately. I remember when the only active person was basically Vandal.

Strider

So I noticed today in the codex that it actually tracks the times you've scanned an item... It'll show x/20 so seemingly 20 is the max you need to scan something to unlock all the info.

So if I'm running a Helios will it stop scanning things I've already scanned 20 times? Or will it just continue to spam and waste the scans?

So I noticed today in the codex that it actually tracks the times you've scanned an item... It'll show x/20 so seemingly 20 is the max you need to scan something to unlock all the info.

So if I'm running a Helios will it stop scanning things I've already scanned 20 times? Or will it just continue to spam and waste the scans?

For certain things like bosses it's only x/3, it depends on the rarity of the unit typically. Helios will stop scanning completed entries unless you have his special Simaris mod which creates Banshee Sonar-like spots on completed units.

VandalD

Number of scans required depends on the object. Some take 5, and I think the max I've seen is 50 scans. Helios will continue to scan things until that codex scan quota is filled. It will never scan anything that has maxed scans in your codex.
I'd definitely want to get in on the action, if somebody would invite me to the clan: (
You've had an invite for a while now. You just need to accept it.

Strider

For certain things like bosses it's only x/3, it depends on the rarity of the unit typically. Helios will stop scanning completed entries unless you have his special Simaris mod which creates Banshee Sonar-like spots on completed units.

Number of scans required depends on the object. Some take 5, and I think the max I've seen is 50 scans. Helios will continue to scan things until that codex scan quota is filled. It will never scan anything that has maxed scans in your codex.

Good to hear... I actually took off the auto scan mod for a bit while running around on the plains because the constant spam was starting to slightly annoy me. Now that I know there's an end to that madness I'll equip it again.

There is a Sentinel that auto-scans, the more you know. I never understood all the scanning stuff to be honest.

Without something like datamining and the wiki, the idea is that scanning reveals what weaknesses, strengths, and drops a unit has, as well as the base values of the unit's health bar (be it shield, armor, or health). It also reveals what locations a unit can spawn in, I believe.

Without something like datamining and the wiki, the idea is that scanning reveals what weaknesses, strengths, and drops a unit has, as well as the base values of the unit's health bar (be it shield, armor, or health). It also reveals what locations a unit can spawn in, I believe.

Yea it does but its just a list of planets.

Also its not every enemy has it but i assume its the ones that wouldn't like the Night Watch units or the Acolytes.

Did Mesa receive a nerf or something at some point? I can't for the life of me get her damage multiplier for peacmaker this high,

qNeQbAX.png

even though I have more power strength. What am I doing wrong? Mine sits at 2.55 damage multiplier at 170% ability strength.

Manzoon

Banned
Did Mesa receive a nerf or something at some point? I can't for the life of me get her damage multiplier for peacmaker this high,

even though I have more power strength. What am I doing wrong? Mine sits at 2.55 damage multiplier at 170% ability strength.

Where is that pic from? You can get higher power strength than 170%, also Peacemaker is dependent on your mod loadout on your secondaries, not sure if that gets factored into that number.

VandalD

Did Mesa receive a nerf or something at some point? I can't for the life of me get her damage multiplier for peacmaker this high, even though I have more power strength. What am I doing wrong? Mine sits at 2.55 damage multiplier at 170% ability strength.
I can only get 4.26 multiplier by putting every single power strength mod on Mesa, so my guess is that picture was taken when someone's Mesa was corrupted, which doubles power strength. And just to add, I regularly use Mesa with just an Intensify on, and she still kills everything she sees.

Manzoon

Banned
I can only get 4.26 multiplier by putting every single power strength mod on Mesa, so my guess is that picture was taken when someone's Mesa was corrupted, which doubles power strength. And just to add, I regularly use Mesa with just an Intensify on, and she still kills everything she sees.

Whoa, what corruption are you talking about, was it from an event?

Where is that pic from? You can get higher power strength than 170%, also Peacemaker is dependent on your mod loadout on your secondaries, not sure if that gets factored into that number.

From this Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4e50fp/mesa_build/d1xjjhq/

Oh the stats page actually changes when you are in that state? Interesting

that post says a year ago though which is a long time for the game to not have changes (except for tonkor until recently :p)

And also the build (assuming its the peacemaker build) was in anticipation for some peacemaker changes so those stats were likely before whatever change.

Unless im reading it wrong *shrug*

VandalD

Whoa, what corruption are you talking about, was it from an event?
Corruption happens when you pick up your 10th reactant during fissures. One of your weapons or your frame will be corrupted. Weapons will have infinite ammo. Don't know what happens with melee. Warframes get doubled power strength and range.

The stat difference might be from when they changed Peacemaker to not fire at a rate determined by your FPS. It used to be if you had poor FPS, she wouldn't fire as fast supposedly. Maybe they also changed their strength at the same time. Whatever the case, Mesa's still super strong.

Nokterian

Did it this morning thanks, i needed that endo pretty much right now.

Brannon

You've had an invite for a while now. You just need to accept it.

Oh? Damn let me check!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Thanks for the free 10,000 Endo ends up. Just did it. It won't be long before we reach 30 players contributing.

Lobogris

Neo Member
Hey guys, could I get an invitation to the NeoGAF clan please? I use to play a lot a couple years back, unfortunately my clan is a phantom zone now.

IGN: Lobogris

Thanks!

Manzoon

Banned
From running a relic and getting the 10 reactants.

Corruption happens when you pick up your 10th reactant during fissures. One of your weapons or your frame will be corrupted. Weapons will have infinite ammo. Don't know what happens with melee. Warframes get doubled power strength and range.

The stat difference might be from when they changed Peacemaker to not fire at a rate determined by your FPS. It used to be if you had poor FPS, she wouldn't fire as fast supposedly. Maybe they also changed their strength at the same time. Whatever the case, Mesa's still super strong.

Still learning things after coming back, haha. I noticed the infinite ammo, but nothing else really when I would get that reactant buff.

Naite

man DE need to fix this party stuff in the plains or it makes no trucking sense running with pugs
I've been running PoE solo the entire time and based on the problems everyone has been having, I made the right choice. Made me appreciate my Nyx again since it offered good combination of extremely long range crowd control and survivability.

I've been running PoE solo the entire time and based on the problems everyone has been having, I made the right choice. Made me appreciate my Nyx again since it offered good combination of extremely long range crowd control and survivability.

Nova seems to handle fine but might use nyx again because of that LOL

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Been playing for a couple days now and really enjoying the game. Might just end up spending my time on this instead of destiny 2.

I would appreciate an invite to the GAF clan as well.

IGN: Pankaks

Latest update somehow managed to fuck things up even harder. Bonties no longer function.

Just get out there and fish people, that's about all that seems to work reliably.

derFeef

Hitting some rough spots right now where I have to switch to my maxed stuff and have to pause leveling... this is normal right?

Naite

I'm only now just realizing that archwing launcher is a consumable item in PoE.

Guess I'll stick to max speed volt for everything in PoE except T5 bounties.

Having just got through The War Within I'm surprised by how well the main story's done in this game. It's nothing spectacular presentationally, but locking a specific set of abilities to progression that doesn't effect how you level Warframes/weapons was really smart. In Destiny 2 it never felt like you got a reward because you progressed much faster in other activities then on top of that the story was terrible on every front. Warframe actually manages to actually tell a story and maintain an air of mystery around the universe and everything in it.

Coming back after a break from the game and my old clan kicked me out. Any chance I can get an invite to the PC clan?

Name is same as here, ReDelicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom