• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer: 40,000 Darktide Available for Pre-Order + Bonuses

Got the official press release in the email - can't wait for this game! Day 1 Game Pass.

MPTfizvijcbly7MWvzYHp68ZPnPN9KT5O5IyYeedEitlmgMAtP6outdmsZztBA0cZkXmO1yu1hCPFVlcaqfVP_8qUQXqNP55GsvBgPhsdjAbHm3bhEP-GE0uclgoFX1oHNToyXEMC2q4Dpz1SGhsYwFiuItsoA=s0-d-e1-ft

FATSHARK ANNOUNCES WARHAMMER 40,000: DARKTIDE PRE-ORDER

Rejects will Rise on September 13 on PC and Xbox Series X|S
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, June 1, 2022. Today independent developer Fatshark launched the pre-order of their upcoming 4 Player co-op game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. The studio celebrated the occasion by releasing a brand new CG trailer at Skulls, the annual Warhammer festival.

The new trailer, featuring music from Jesper Kyd, premiered during the show, and if you want to watch it again and again, this is where you will find it.

As of today, two editions of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide are available for pre-order on Steam, Windows Store and Xbox Store.
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide ($39.99)

• The Atoman Star Weapon Trinket: A cosmetic weapon trinket awarded to those who answered in the hour of Atoma’s need.
  • Vanguard of the Imperium Portrait Frame: A cosmetic portrait frame reserved for those first to enter the fray, and last to leave it.

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - Imperial Edition ($59.99):

• Base Game
  • Loyalist Pack: Purge heresy in style with these 4 unique class outfits, 8 weapon skin patterns, one headgear, and an Ogryn body tattoo.
  • Mortis Veteran Portrait Frame: A cosmetic portrait frame used to pay tribute to the fallen defenders of Tertium Hive.
  • Caducades Backpack: A cosmetic backpack for human characters. Scavenged from the fallen troops of Cadia, this backpack has been repurposed to serve those still alive and fighting.
  • 2500 Aquilas (premium currency)
  • The Atoman Star Weapon Trinket: A cosmetic weapon trinket awarded to those who answered in the hour of Atoma’s need.
  • Vanguard of the Imperium Portrait Frame: A cosmetic portrait frame reserved for those first to enter the fray, and last to leave it.
“Being part of Skulls is always amazing, but premiering our new trailer to this massive audience of Warhammer fans and gamers today is truly special,” says Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark. “The pre-order kicks off an exciting week that will have more amazing Darktide-related surprises in store.”

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I've got Game Pass, so I'm already ready. But I really like Fat Shark's work, so I'll probably end up getting the Imperial Edition to support them even more so.

Gonna hold out until we see some actual gameplay though, just for reassurance. :messenger_ok:

anthony2690

Banned
I tuned into the skull showcase, in hopes off seeing gameplay for this and just another cgi trailer :(

Guess gameplay is being saved for Xbox event on the 12th, the initial gameplay reveal for this ages ago, looked great though.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Fatshark also got Luetin09 to do a lore and history deep dive for the setting of their game. Luetin09 is in my opinion on of the best Warhammer 40k lore content creators out there.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

So from the trailers it appears subclasses are indeed confirmed similair to Vermintide 2.

Looking forward to the beta that starts this Friday, hopefully get to see them in all there glory. With Overwatch 2 missing its coop launch doors wide open for some good solid competition.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Is there any update on the Xbox release? I pre-ordered this for £19.99 at Amazon, pretty excited for it, even though it's coming to game pass day one, it's literally coming out at impulse buy price £29.99 (but Amazon gave me a offer to get £10 off any £15+ item)

So from the trailers it appears subclasses are indeed confirmed similair to Vermintide 2.

Looking forward to the beta that starts this Friday, hopefully get to see them in all there glory. With Overwatch 2 missing its coop launch doors wide open for some good solid competition.
Unfortunately, according to Aqshy (one of the community managers), there will only be one "sub-class" per archetype at launch. And another community manager, Hedge, said it was "very probable" that further sub-classes will be paid DLC.
Not that I care too much, as long as the Ogryn is fun to play as from the go (spoiler: during the technical tests, he definitely was).

Can't wait for the beta either, hopefully we'll get more toys to play with in this one.

Top Bottom