• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 - Reveal Trailer | The Game Awards 2021

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ok, I thought I read it somewhere that it had some sort of exclusivity.
No problem, you probably read it from someone that just looked the Xbox trailer and didn't search for more information.
Same goes for A Plague Take Requiem which is not exclusive to Xbox anymore but will also release on PS5 and Switch

So I know I'm either one of the few that like it, or part a a (very) silent majority, but what would you say about a level where you stomp around in an Invictor Warsuit? Kinda like the exosuit level from Aliens vs Predator 2, only with a lot more enemies:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So I know I'm either one of the few that like it, or part a a (very) silent majority, but what would you say about a level where you stomp around in an Invictor Warsuit? Kinda like the exosuit level from Aliens vs Predator 2, only with a lot more enemies:

If that's a Dreadnought but for the living then why do you ask? Of fucking course.

In fact... Didn't the first one have some kind of Dreadnought gameplay for the multiplayer?

Last edited:

Calverz

The first one was the best psn+ game I’ve ever gotten. I don’t even like/know much about warhammer but this has got me pumped!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The first one was the best psn+ game I’ve ever gotten. I don’t even like/know much about warhammer but this has got me pumped!
Be careful. I didn't know shit about Warhammer 40K when I played it in 2019 either. Several games later and now I'm looking at buying some figurines and learning how to paint them. :goog_relieved:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I see. There's a fanboys for everything. Even for space bugs.
Not that im a Tyranid fanboy , but pretty much every race in 40K is actually interesting.
Warhammer fanboys will basically defend every race even races they may not be attached to because every race is worth something.
I was basically forced to be a Space Marine fan(they are the "protagonists").....but id probably choose Tau or Chaos as my favorite faction.
Hell some of my favorite artworks dont even involve races Im particularly attached to.

Anyone for Chaos vs Tyranids:
maxresdefault.jpg

Completely different game mate.

FlyyGOD

Not that im a Tyranid fanboy , but pretty much every race in 40K is actually interesting.
Warhammer fanboys will basically defend every race even races they may not be attached to because every race is worth something.
I was basically forced to be a Space Marine fan(they are the "protagonists").....but id probably choose Tau or Chaos as my favorite faction.
Hell some of my favorite artworks dont even involve races Im particularly attached to.

Anyone for Chaos vs Tyranids:
maxresdefault.jpg

Completely different game mate.
Yeah , I got corrected already.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
So part 1 never went to backwards compatible for xbox one?
I think steam is the only place to play it without a retro console 😢

I've watched the trailer a few more times since I enjoyed it so much and was wondering if the lightning in the clouds suggests Chaos Marines at? Iirc they always showed up with those kinds of effects to warp in the first game, but maybe with psychedelic colors.

Specifically, this bit where the logo comes up 👆

It could be a massive stretch of course, idk, just excited.

I've watched the trailer a few more times since I enjoyed it so much and was wondering if the lightning in the clouds suggests Chaos Marines at? Iirc they always showed up with those kinds of effects to warp in the first game, but maybe with psychedelic colors.

Or that could be a side-effect from the "Shadow in the Warp" from the nids?
But I think I'd rather not have Chaos again. I'd be more on board with Necrons this time around tbh - can you imagine fighting something like a Skorpekh Destroyer (or even a Lord)?

TintoConCasera

You should do it, it's such a good hobby
Totally! Or at least I'll try. :)

I already have some miniatures from other boardgames (zombiecide and star wars). I'll start with those and, once I feel more confident, I'll get some 40K ones.

Hard part will be deciding in which ones to get... All of them look really cool.

Totally! Or at least I'll try. :)

I already have some miniatures from other boardgames (zombiecide and star wars). I'll start with those and, once I feel more confident, I'll get some 40K ones.

Hard part will be deciding in which ones to get... All of them look really cool.
If you do decide to try 40k, you should start with Kill Team. It's a much smaller-scale game, so there wouldn't be too much investment; most factions will work with only a couple of boxes, with maybe one extra for more weapons variety. The only reason I resisted buying the new box set, is that due to an eye issue I can't paint for crap (or drive, or use VR... and it's been getting worse during the 15 years since I last played 40k).

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Likely just stylistic explosions for the logo.

The Warp is usually depicted as being purple/blue/pink....if the lighting was those colors it would almost certainly be a call that some Chaos shenanigans are upon us.

First game i bought with my PS2 was Warhammer 40.000 - Fire Warrior. As a teenager I loved that game but never again bought any game from this franchise. It seems it's time to buy one more Warhammer game, I hope it can bring some good memories.

TintoConCasera

If you do decide to try 40k, you should start with Kill Team. It's a much smaller-scale game, so there wouldn't be too much investment; most factions will work with only a couple of boxes, with maybe one extra for more weapons variety. The only reason I resisted buying the new box set, is that due to an eye issue I can't paint for crap (or drive, or use VR... and it's been getting worse during the 15 years since I last played 40k).
I was already looking at this set. Would I be able to play something with just that?

That said I'm more interested in just painting that the actual game, for now at least.

Btw pal, sorry to hear about you eye issue... Hopefully the new Space Marine game comes out well so you can get your 40K fix. :)

I was already looking at this set. Would I be able to play something with just that?

That said I'm more interested in just painting that the actual game, for now at least.

Btw pal, sorry to hear about you eye issue... Hopefully the new Space Marine game comes out well so you can get your 40K fix. :)
This set is their most basic one, but it contains everything you need to at least learn the rules. If all you want to do for now is painting, you'd need to add... well, paints and brushes, but it's a great start.

And don't worry about my eyes, I just have amblyopia and only look with one eye at a time; apart from having no sense of distance (whether to the car closing in, or from the brush to the miniature) it doesn't affect my life at all.

K2D

Banned
I'd give Space Marine 1 a try if I had a Xbox series console.. user reviews seem mostly okay to good sitting on a 7.9 on 360.

TintoConCasera

Just finished the first one yesterday.

Played on hard, the only thing I kinda disliked was how soon the power fantasy was gone and instead I found myself dying again and again against those Orks with rocket launchers.

Aside from that... Game's got a lot of jank, but it's still fun to play and it's campaing has some really cool set pieces.

For the sequel I hope they double in the "cover is for the weak" thing they were trying to achieve in the first one. Once things get hard you better take cover or die in a few seconds.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Just finished the first one yesterday.

Played on hard, the only thing I kinda disliked was how soon the power fantasy was gone and instead I found myself dying again and again against those Orks with rocket launchers.

Aside from that... Game's got a lot of jank, but it's still fun to play and it's campaing has some really cool set pieces.

For the sequel I hope they double in the "cover is for the weak" thing they were trying to achieve in the first one. Once things get hard you better take cover or die in a few seconds.
It's funny because this game came out a week before Gears of War 3 and got panned in the reviews since it simultaneously "wasn't Gears of War enough" and "too like Gears of War". One of the things I remember people saying is this game needed to be a cover shooter.... Barf. I really likes the Gears series (well at least 1-3), but that really annoyed me.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's funny because this game came out a week before Gears of War 3 and got panned in the reviews since it simultaneously "wasn't Gears of War enough" and "too like Gears of War". One of the things I remember people saying is this game needed to be a cover shooter.... Barf. I really likes the Gears series (well at least 1-3), but that really annoyed me.
Imagine unironically saying that a fucking Space Marine game needs cover mechanics.

Heresy.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I'd give Space Marine 1 a try if I had a Xbox series console.. user reviews seem mostly okay to good sitting on a 7.9 on 360.
Yeah the game was kind of a C+/B-, but it did combine genres in an interesting way which makes it stand out as worth playing.

I don't think the world was screaming for a sequel but I am definitely willing to give it a shot.

You don't need cover when your own armour is stronger than whatever you'd find to hide behind in a ruined hab-block. A helmet, though, would have been appropriate...

Holammer

SJRB

Gold Member

5b5.png

Tbh, there's plenty of shitlords that absolutely love Arcane. So I'm hopeful the writers can develop a good narrative without current year politics.

7ONk.gif

God, pleaso no. Please.

TintoConCasera

5b5.png

Tbh, there's plenty of shitlords that absolutely love Arcane. So I'm hopeful the writers can develop a good narrative without current year politics.
7ONk.gif

God, pleaso no. Please.
He said in his twitter that his not THE senior writer, but A senior writer.

It should be fine.

Doczu

Man i'm happy the game gets made, byt i hope the genestealer thats the lead writer doesn't fuck this up.

down 2 orth

I mean, they're welcome to do a woke game if they think pissing people off is more enjoyable than making money. Thems just the facts of life 🤷‍♂️.

What is there to do "woke" in this game? You're literally playing a genetically engineered super macho trans-human fighting against hordes of alien bugs here to consume the entire galaxy, so you can't exactly go "humans bad, cis-white men bad, save the planet"... This game runs on xenophobia and this won't change.

Doczu

What is there to do "woke" in this game? You're literally playing a genetically engineered super macho trans-human fighting against hordes of alien bugs here to consume the entire galaxy, so you can't exactly go "humans bad, cis-white men bad, save the planet"... This game runs on xenophobia and this won't change.
Well technically they could give the protagonist some moral dillema if the Empire is good 🤷🏻‍♂️ it is possible. But luckily the W40k community is one of the last bastions thst doesn't accept any form of woke changes, so they will be vocal

Just a heads-up: the first one is 11 bucks now on Steam for the Anniversary Edition.
Whereas, DoW3 is still 10 bucks even during sales... I'd take it at half that price for the campaign and some skirmish but that's about as far as I'm willing to go for that game.

Top Bottom