• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 - Reveal Trailer | The Game Awards 2021

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Titus is free from the inquisition?
I was so touched that Titus might NOT have been in the sequel (which i never thought we would see) because of being held by the Inquisition.

Tyranids are also a really good choice of enemies....im sure Chaos Space Marines are in as well cuz Space Marines without some Chaos shenanigans just isnt complete.
I would prefer something not Chaos related. Those dudes were pure bullet sponges in the first game, fighting the Orks was much more fun.

Maybe some Eldar or Tau this time around?

Whatever it is I can't wait man, the first game was a great surprise for me.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I would prefer something not Chaos related. Those dudes were pure bullet sponges in the first game, fighting the Orks was much more fun.

Maybe some Eldar or Tau this time around?

Whatever it is I can't wait man, the first game was a great surprise for me.
Heresy! Chaos is a must especially after how the first game ended.
We need to get an explanation of how Titus is seemingly warp immune.

Tau?
Yeah that would be super interesting.
My only beef with that, is id be rooting for the Tau to win.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Looks like it's Captain Titus again, the guy from the first game?
Yup its Titus again.
Which makes its interesting cuz he was being held by The Inquisition at the end of the last game, hes not a Psyker but somehow is warp immune.
If they want to go crazy let him actually be touched as the game keeps going.

Xyphie

I understand why, but it's so dull that the enemies in 40k games are basically always either Tyranids (bugs), Nurgle (zombies) or Khorne (typical devil demons).

A 40k Total War game really needs to happen.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yup its Titus again.
Which makes its interesting cuz he was being held by The Inquisition at the end of the last game, hes not a Psyker but somehow is warp immune.
If they want to go crazy let him actually be touched as the game keeps going.
Turning into a chaos fag mid game and the space marines becoming your enemies while still having to fight the tyranids would be a cool as fuck twist, if you ask me.

They could even make Leandros a boss fight. He deserves some good spanking after the first game, after all.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
People are a bit put off by Saber as there in that middle ground between AAA and A level devs...

The thing is especially with Aftermath World War Z is superior to a hell of alot of AAA games, I also don't know who works in there animation department but they have talent that helps elevate World War Z to feeling like something much more expensive, AAA level at times.

Also while I am sad the Ork's are not the main antagonist as they sure as hell have character, the fact Saber have an engine that we know can have a thousand enemies running at you at once fits the Tyranid hordes down to the ground.

As long as they get that weighty feeling down, I think it will turn out great, which from the small glimpses of gameplay looks like they have so far.

Also believe this is the first major example of a lore set space marine character converting to a primaris marine, although from his armour Titus seems to have been demoted from Captain to Lieutenant.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Game was in the Nvidia Now datamine.
There was so much crazy shit in there that it was hard to believe. Like come on... A sequel to an average (but cool) game that released 10 years ago?

Couldn't be happier about it becoming real tho. Also this means Dragon's Dogma 2 might still be real. :goog_relieved:

stranno

JRh9Yvj.png

Time for Ultramarines: A PROPER Warhammer 40,000 Movie.

Holammer

There was so much crazy shit in there that it was hard to believe. Like come on... A sequel to an average (but cool) game that released 10 years ago?

Couldn't be happier about it becoming real tho. Also this means Dragon's Dogma 2 might still be real. :goog_relieved:
Yes, anyone doubting the Geforce Now datamine after Actraiser, this and a couple of others is a fool.

As for the trailer here, I don't think it's representative of the game. No way in hell do they cut from Titus getting grabbed by the Inquisition to curbing Tyranids in Primaris armor without explaining what happened in-between. His beat up service studs indicate he is 400 years old now, so 200'ish years passed from the last time we saw him.
The logical direction would be that the inquisitor makes him part of his retinue. That would be a great jumping off point to introduce a cast of colorful characters and a campaign that could span many different settings.

Titus is free from the inquisition?
I was so touched that Titus might NOT have been in the sequel (which i never thought we would see) because of being held by the Inquisition.
Apparently the chain around his forearm is a sign he's on a penance crusade, and someone mentioned he seemed to have an Inquisition symbol hanging from that chain, so he might not be completely free from them yet.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Titus is a primaris now, don't know much about that....does that mean Titus is now closer in terms of pure combat ability and overall strength to someone like Roboute?

TintoConCasera

Webpage mentions multiple planets. Nice, the forge world in the first one was cool but all that brown ended up being boring.

Titus is a primaris now, don't know much about that....does that mean Titus is now closer in terms of pure combat ability and overall strength to someone like Roboute?
I don't know fuck about the lore, but aren't primaris just basically bigger UMs? Oh, and also immune to the chaos influences?

Someone noted that he also has a chain covering his wrist, so he might be in a penace crusade under the Inquisition's watch.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Webpage mentions multiple planets. Nice, the forge world in the first one was cool but all that brown ended up being boring.

I don't know fuck about the lore, but aren't primaris just basically bigger UMs? Oh, and also immune to the chaos influences?

Someone noted that he also has a chain covering his wrist, so he might be in a penace crusade under the Inquisition's watch.
so Primaris are not on the level of the Primarchs?

Shut0wen

Is this the sequel to the third person shooter game that came out on 360/ps3 if so count me in, not a huge warhammer fan but ive always enjoyed the art and design of it and loved this game, out of curiosity who is developing this?

TintoConCasera

Is this the sequel to the third person shooter game that came out on 360/ps3 if so count me in, not a huge warhammer fan but ive always enjoyed the art and design of it and loved this game, out of curiosity who is developing this?
It is. Developers made World War Z: Aftermath and some ports, like Halo remasters and Witcher 3 for Switch.

I would be kinda worried if the little gameplay shown in the trailer didn't look so good and true to the first one.

Kadve

Titus is back and looks to have crossed the Rubicon Primaris to boot. The first game was surprisingly enjoyable and now we start off clobbering Tyranids.

Hopefully Leandros got what he deserved.
Considering that said procedure is just for really important people who would have died not for it. The cynical part of me thinks he only is one because GW ordered Saber to have one as a protagonist.

Hopefully they will provide some backstory and not just present him as "hey look! he is Primaris now! Arent they just the best!"

To make a long story short. Primaris are a refinement of the Spare Marine process that's "bigger, faster, stronger" and all that stuff. Regular marines can also be "upgraded" to Primaris though the process has a high chance of failure. They also have a different command structure that emphasises their more unified origin.

The thing with them though is that they were all created independently of the other marines meaning a lot of them are suspicious of the newcomers. Especially since their creator (an Archmagos known as Belisarius Cawl) is a controversial figure within the imperium with well known ambitions. And many fear he is going to use the Primaris to have Mars conquer Terra as their loyalty in general lies with him rather than the greater imperium .

Also from a meta standpoint. GW's constant shilling of them in recent years have been getting on fans nerves, and many are tired of them and how much "better" they are.

Last edited:

Kadve

The first game is 75% off on Steam currently, and it's a pretty good intro to the Warhammer 40k universe. I say you should go for it, FOR THE EMPEROR!
I wouldn't say that. The entire dynamic between the main characters is based on a real life fan debate on "new" (by now said new is pretty old) vs old Ultramarines. It also keeps babblig on about terms such as warp, mechanics, codex and other such things without explaining them.

Someone without at least a basic understanding of W40k would have a hard time understanding the story.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Primaris are scarier marines. Less human, more engineered, more golden age tech involved in their creation.

Bu the Primarchs were created using the DNA of the Emperor through unknown means. This puts them on another level.
Didnt know the lore of warhammer until i read this thx

TintoConCasera

Considering that said procedure is just for really important people who would have died not for it. The cynical part of me thinks he only is one because GW ordered Saber to have one as a protagonist.

Hopefully they will provide some backstory and not just present him as "hey look! he is Primaris now! Arent they just the best!"

To make a long story short. Primaris are a refinement of the Spare Marine process that's "bigger, faster, stronger" and all that stuff. Regular marines can also be "upgraded" to Primaris though the process has a high chance of failure. They also have a different command structure that emphasises their more unified origin.

The thing with them though is that they were all created independently of the other marines meaning a lot of them are suspicious of the newcomers. Especially since their creator (an Archmagos known as Belisarius Cawl) is a controversial figure within the imperium with well known ambitions. And many fear he is going to use the Primaris to have Mars conquer Terra as their loyalty in general lies with him rather than the greater imperium .

Also from a meta standpoint. GW's constant shilling of them in recent years have been getting on fans nerves, and many are tired of them and how much "better" they are.
Thanks for the lore dump fren, much appreciated.

I only know WH:40K thanks to some of it's videogames, and while those I've played I've really liked, I think they don't make a good job when it comes to introducing new people to the setting.

Like I see all those races with their cool designs, cool places and cool architecture, but I don't know shit about them.

stn

I wonder if we'll get a remaster of the first one? I don't believe it is backwards compatible.

Atrus

Gold Member
People are a bit put off by Saber as there in that middle ground between AAA and A level devs...

The thing is especially with Aftermath World War Z is superior to a hell of alot of AAA games, I also don't know who works in there animation department but they have talent that helps elevate World War Z to feeling like something much more expensive, AAA level at times.

Also while I am sad the Ork's are not the main antagonist as they sure as hell have character, the fact Saber have an engine that we know can have a thousand enemies running at you at once fits the Tyranid hordes down to the ground.

As long as they get that weighty feeling down, I think it will turn out great, which from the small glimpses of gameplay looks like they have so far.

Also believe this is the first major example of a lore set space marine character converting to a primaris marine, although from his armour Titus seems to have been demoted from Captain to Lieutenant.

Lorewise there was some difficulty placing Titus into the exiting lore as Captain of the 2nd Company; Captain Cato Sicarius was filling the position and Sevestus Acheran succeeded him when he was promoted. From the new service studs and Primaris upgrade, it looks like Titus was taken out of the roster due to the Inquisition shenanigans from the first game and then demoted on his return so as to explain his absence as Captain.

The line of succession was likely Captain Titus (demoted) > Severus Agemman (promoted to 1st company Captain) > Cato Sicarius (promoted to Victrix Honor Guard) > Sevastus Acheran (current).

The demotion should make Titus officially canon now and involved in 40k current affairs.

TintoConCasera

I wonder if we'll get a remaster of the first one? I don't believe it is backwards compatible.
In PC they released not long ago the anniversary edition as a free update. That would have been a great excuse to port it to newer systems, but it seems that didn't happen.

They shoyld have tho, porting it to newer consoles at a reduced price would have been great for the marketing of this game.

Top Bottom