• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Tempestfall announced (PC/VR)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
capsule_616x353.jpg

Become a mighty Lord-Arcanum, wielder of storm magic, and lead a Stormcast Eternal task force to recover your brethren’s lost souls. Walk the lands of Shyish and battle forces of Nighthaunt using a variety of melee weapons, powerful staves, and motion-based abilities and magic.
  • VR-exclusive action-adventure game set in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar universe
  • Wield melee weapons and powerful staves to combat forces of Nighthaunt
  • Immersive motion-based combat system
  • Adventure RPG elements
  • Full story campaign set in the realm of Shyish following the Necroquake

Warhammer_Age_of_Sigmar_image5.jpg

pr0cs

Hard to get too excited yet but more experiences with serious gameplay are always welcome.

Playing seems to likely play similar to Asgards Wrath which I thought was really good (though I haven't finished it yet because my GPU simply isn't up to the task)

Can't stand Age of Sigmar. Killed the Warhammer world for fantasy Space Marines and skinhead elves who ride on giant eels. Cheers GW.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Could be cool. Reminds me of Until You Fall but being an adventure game instead of a roguelike. Will keep an eye on this one.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I was being needlessly provocative with that post to be honest but I can't get into the lore to be fair. Just not for me.

Wanted to like it but I just can't. 40K is enough for me but each to their own.
I could never afford 40K back when I was a teenager. 30 years later, My son and I walked past a Warhammer shop, blown away by their displays, my son asked if we could play together. I gave my son the choice of 40K or AoS. He love the look of the Nighthaunts. Needless to say, AoS won out.
I have no regrets, the models are cool on either side. I’ll probably end up buying some 40K models at some point even if they are in a display cabinet.
Games Workshop did an amazing job with the Nighthaunts. Must have sold loads off the back of that army.

Could be cool. Reminds me of Until You Fall but being an adventure game instead of a roguelike. Will keep an eye on this one.
Until you Fall can hardly be considered a rogue-lite. It's a very linear brawler much like old Final Fight or perhaps better related to Capcom arcades like King of Dragons. It's really a VR fitness game disguising as an 80s adventure power fantasy.

that fine VR parry mechanic doesn't come from UyF, Shadow Legend or Asgard's Wrath - to the best of my knowledge, it was first depicted in the original trailer for psvr Golem.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Until you Fall can hardly be considered a rogue-lite. It's a very linear brawler much like old Final Fight or perhaps better related to Capcom arcades like King of Dragons. It's really a VR fitness game disguising as an 80s adventure power fantasy.

that fine VR parry mechanic doesn't come from UyF, Shadow Legend or Asgard's Wrath - to the best of my knowledge, it was first depicted in the original trailer for psvr Golem.
To be fair I didn't played UyF very much. My last PC couldn't handle it very well but I plan to play it again on the new one.

And man, I swear I'm no fattie, but to me most of VR games are fitness games. Specially during the spanish summer, I can barely play vr during those hot months. :goog_relieved:

To be fair I didn't played UyF very much. My last PC couldn't handle it very well but I plan to play it again on the new one.

And man, I swear I'm no fattie, but to me most of VR games are fitness games. Specially during the spanish summer, I can barely play vr during those hot months. :goog_relieved:

it's worse in Brazil, VR on summer is just impossible.

in any case, Skyrim can be pretty intensive and sweaty too in dungeon melee combat fights. But here's how real games depart from VR minigames: fight is only a part of the gameplay and gets intermixed with exploration, inventory management, stats building, puzzle solving, following narrative etc. So in the end it's much better paced and not as tiresome, you can easily play for hours, while 25 minutes in UyF I'm all tired and dripping and not half as amused by my play time.

shooters are much easier than melee though. The Wizards has a nice gesture-based spellcasting system, hopefully it finds a way into this Warhammer too...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new update, which is available today, December 16, 2021, brings a hardcore mode to the VR action-adventure game, Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Tempestfall. Check out the latest trailer.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Tempestfall is available now on Steam VR, Oculus Store, and Viveport.

Top Bottom