• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WarioWare: Get It Together! demo now available, overview trailer

Punished Miku

Gold Member
WarioWare-Switch_08-19-21.jpg

WarioWare: Get It Together! is due out for Switch on September 10 worldwide.

jaysius

Banned
$64.99 CND, wow Nintendo you're too generous.

This should have been $50 CND at the most.

I love Warioware games, but they really don't have any legs.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I suppose this is ideal for offscreen play right? I'm doing some other stuff on the main screen but I'm going to download it now and give it a go.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I suppose this is ideal for offscreen play right? I'm doing some other stuff on the main screen but I'm going to download it now and give it a go.
The mobile artstyle probably looks best on portable. But this one is also centered around co-op, so I'll probably be playing it on a TV. Can't try out the demo until tonight, but I'm eyeing this one as a potential fun party game.

peronmls

I much rather play what the mini games give me rather than use the main characters in them. I'm not sure. Some part of the Wario-Ware charm is gone for me by this decision... I really do not care about "Power-Ups" in WW games...

Last edited:
Hey, you take that back! The GBA is the greatest handheld of all time.

Anyways, this looks amazing, but I really wish we could get another Wario game besides WarioWare. Wario Land or Wario World would be the most obvious choices, but I'd also love a new Wario's Woods, my favorite puzzle game ever.
I don't like handhelds :p So it's great that one has a game I like that much... I love Tetris as well, but I find the NES version more worthwhile, even tho my favorite version of the one I used to play on a Macintosh in the very early 90s.... I could probably not find it if my life depended on it.

I don't like handhelds :p So it's great that one has a game I like that much... I love Tetris as well, but I find the NES version more worthwhile, even tho my favorite version of the one I used to play on a Macintosh in the very early 90s.... I could probably not find it if my life depended on it.
Fair enough, I suppose.

Granted, I haven't played every single Tetris game, but my favorite so far is Tetris Party Deluxe on Wii. I adore that version, and the various new modes are great!

I'd love to eventually play Tetris Effect, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Tetris 99 to see if they can dethrone my beloved Tetris Party Deluxe.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I am happy that is has a 4 player mode.
4 player is where Wariowares focus should be. I want to hear more about about those modes.

It's a party game really.

Not having a proper online mode is crazy though.... They now have a paid online service ther really is no excuse for not having most of their first party games have online.

Impotaku

I'll take whatever warioware i can get as these are super niche so having a new one pop up isn't something that's guaranteed at all, i have pretty much played all of them apart the janky ass one on the dsi shop and the one for wiiu as i never got that console but the ones i did play i love. Hell i even played the proto version before it eventually turned into it's own full game years later that was hidden away in polygon studio on the 64DD as a minigame mode.

So far the demo has pressed the right buttons for me, it retains it's charm but also it has new elements ti keep things fresh. Hope there's lots of fun little unlockables and toys to play with as i love the ones that added lots of little things in like that to mess around on. Warioware is one of the few series where i spent ages unlocking everything 100%

I hate it. Bring back the old Warioware.
Whats the biggest differences?

i loved the gba one, and wii one was good too i thought.

my biggest gripe is the replayability after youve mastered everything. Of course theres multiplayer, but imo multiplayer is only fun when everyone has a similar skill level and knowledge of the games, similar to mario party imo.

Last edited:

bit_blaster

Neo Member
Wario Land died for this...

Edit: played the demo and thought it was fun. I wouldn't pay $50 for it though. I still wish we got actual Wario games. Wario Land was a great series.
I'd love to see a new Wario Land and a new Wario World(maybe Wario Odyssey?). I really enjoyed Wario Land Shake It for the Wii.

Sadly the series doesn't sell too well, so Nintendo has no incentive to bring it back when they already have Mario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong to fill the platformer quotas.

Shaqazooloo

Liked the demo, first time playing WarioWare and the fast paced microgames were fun but no online is a bad move imo.

I might check it out some time next year though.

bender

What time is it?
Demo is great. Having multiple characters with different abilities and designing the microgames around them is a nice Twist (see what I did there? Huh? Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge).

I'm a sucker for WarioWare though.. It might be my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Last edited:
Yeah this, played the demo and I hated every second. Loved the GBA game back in the day
Came here to echo this sentiment. The direct control of the different characters for every microgame is kinda lame. I think it would make for a good side mode, but having it be the focus of the game makes it an instant non-buy from me.

I would be perfectly happy if they just continued to evolve what we saw in Wario Ware Gold for 3DS (which kicks ass BTW). Nintendo really makes me wonder sometimes.

Impotaku

how are they gonna evolve it though? with each new game it becomes that little bit harder to keep it fresh making it like the traditional way would be just more of the same they already did that with the gamecube version it was pretty much identical to the gba original the only addition was 4 player mode. The switch doesn't have any new control methods to make use of a new way to control so it's going to end up been a mash up of old ideas anyway and they did that with warioware gold. If they had gone down that route then i could already see the future complaints of them doing the same thing over & over lazy nintendo making no effort ect...

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Ngl every warioware title went a little worse then the original GBA one.

twisted was alright i guess.
But the rest? Eh🥲
But Touched! was the best...

I’ve recently played the 3DS one and I’m glad it had many games from Twisted. That’s one episode I didn’t get to play at the time.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nintendo Minute is never a minute! Today we’re playing co-op story mode in WarioWare: Get It Together! These microgames are so hilarious, but also pretty hard. Let us know if you’re excited to play and who you’ll be playing with.

Stay tuned for next week when something might be happening with our little garlic friend and there will be MORE WarioWare: Get It Together! gameplay. As always, thanks so much for watching and we’ll see you next week!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I live in hong kong, and its notorious for selling games earluer than it should. I managed to get ahold of the game 8 days early, and heres my best attempt in all mix

Once again, heavy gameplay spoilers. watch at your own discretion

Notable points
-Yes penny is playable
-Yes i gave her a pallet swap. that is an option
-No i wont show story mode
-unfortunately wario is not voiced. If fact, everything are partially voiced, as in, voiceless subtitles, but some phrases are voiced

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Eurogqmer recommends it so I am in...

Is the game gonna get so little love on GAF that it won't even get an OT or Review thread?

That sux.
I already have it pre-ordered and downloaded. But I guess it's appropriate that the micro-game collection only gets micro-discussion on here.

Marvel14

Banned
It's going to be criminally ignored isn't it? And it's actually good like almost all the entries....it's also another Switch title that could be evergreen with periodic dlc and expansions...oh well what might have been.

Top Bottom