• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros Sets ‘Constantine’ Sequel; Keanu Reeves & Francis Lawrence To Reunite, Akiva Goldsman Scripting & Producing With Bad Robot’s JJ Abrams & H

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

One of my favorite comic book movies. I've been waiting for this for a long time. In a AMA Reeves said it was one of his favorite roles.

Fingers crossed for a Matt Ryan cameo of some kind.

One of my favorite comic book movies. I've been waiting for this for a long time. In a AMA Reeves said it was one of his favorite roles.

Extremely happy about it. I'm a huge fan of the first movie

Saber

Gold Member
I'm happy they want to bring back this movie, really like the first one.
Not so sure about the quality though. Recent sequels of movies proved to be mediocre at best.

Vyse

Gold Member
Thought I read somewhere that Keanu wanted to do a sequel years ago to Constantine, but Sandra Bullock talked him out of it.

J J Abrams?

Thank god it's just a single movie. The man is terrible to plan TV shows and sequels and trilogies. Basically everything that's not a standalone product.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Please no JJ, everything this guy touches turns to shit. Also, I hope Constantine can still be the same great guy without the need for a better, faster, more intelligent sidekick of a certain gender.
Er... What are you talking about, he's made a shit ton of entertaining popcorn movies, Force Awakens, Star Trek, Super 8, Gloverfield and Mission Impossible where all decent flicks

FunkMiller

Youtube Dog GIF

I guess because Keanu is very popular these days?

Will they try to be a little more faithful to Hellblazer? Is it going to be in the DCEU now? It probably should be.

Konnor

I wonder how modern Hollywood will ruin the sequel. Will it be the "putting down the main character and making him look weak and pathetic to advertise his uncharismatic replacement"? Will it be the "let's hire mentally deficient writers make an empty husk of a movie full of shit CGI and boring action scenes to hide the scenario's inadequacies"? Will it be the "let's antagonize the fanbase by making deliberately moronic decisions that will piss them off because fuck these people"? Will it be the "Let's introduce a bunch of extremely unlikable LA zoomer retard characters because that'll totally appeal to our audience, we're not delusional we swear!" one?

There are so many options!

Kimahri

Banned
I wish JJ Abrams and all hid disipled would just go away and stop ruining entertainment.

This could be good. But with BR involved? Npt getting my hopes up.

Bragr

Banned
Er... What are you talking about, he's made a shit ton of entertaining popcorn movies, Force Awakens, Star Trek, Super 8, Gloverfield and Mission Impossible where all decent flicks
That was a while ago though, when he was in his 40's, now he is almost 60 and recently destroyed Star Wars.

SirTerry-T

Matt Ryan a.k.a "The one, true Constantine" ;)

VN1X

Banned
They should've done this at the time and explored the universe with younger Reeves and cast. Now it just reeks of "oh Keanu is hot again so lets dredge up all these old properties to get an easy buck".

Top Bottom