• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warzone is still a buggy mess

Kerotan

I feel like every month we could have a thread discussing the latest WZ bugs.

The game itself runs pretty good but it's plagued by elementary bugs. For a game making over a billion a year is it too much for Activision to hire maybe an extra 20 developers to fix this shit? Got forbid they'd to pay an extra few million a year in staff costs.

So this week got off to a good start. They release the most broken weapon yet. Akimbo pistols that absolutely melt. Obviously a publicity stunt before the new season starts next week. Scummy move.

But the last 2 days we've had another issue. Nobodies wins or kills are counting on the leader board. How pathetic is this?

And it's only been about a month since they added mini guns to choppers which brought back an invincibility glitch which was last seen the previous time they changed the choppers and removed them for that very reason.

Do these imbeciles not keep a record of this shit?

For context I've spent 80 days on warzone and it's only about 400 days old. So 20% of my time and roughly 90% of my gaming hours this past year for this one thing. So I'm not just shitting on it because it's cod or Activision, it's my fav game to play atm.

So sad to see it hampered by such trivial issues. But we all know Big Bad Bobby would rather save 20M then fix this shit.

You have to give them credit though. They've been fucking flawless at creating hundreds of cosmetics from skins to weapon blue prints. I wonder why 😂😏😭

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
One of the sad facts about the gaming industry. If it works even if badly let it be...

One day in the future, people will think that buggy games are a feature or who knows a genre on their own.

JWhiskey

Neo Member
On top of that, they still haven't fixed dev error 6034 in Modern Warfare multi-player booting players to the title screen for Piccadilly, Khandor Hideout, Hardhat, Superstore and Vacant.

The most rediculous thing is that there is a workaround, which involves uninstalling several files listed as "required for multi-player". I mean what the hell is actually in those files if deleting them results in the game running fine?

TheShocker

The game has always had issues here and there and then Raven Software took over and absolutely ruined the game. I have zero confidence in them to turn Warzone around at this point. It’s a shame because at its core, the gunplay and BR mechanics are amazing.

Yeah it's really impressive how terrible basically everything about it is from a stability and technical aspects. The game itself is ridiculously fun though, which is the only reason I continue to deal with it.

Batiman

Banned
My biggest problem is that map tbh. It’s such a bland map to play on over and over. Also pop in on my PS4 slim. Every pop in makes me think there’s player movement

MiguelItUp

The bigger the game, the larger the issues, and when I say bigger I mean in terms of actual in-game size as well as popularity. In development of any form, the situation of fixing one thing that unravels other (maybe more severe) issues that need fixing as well, is way too common. So, I'm sure that's one of the many reasons so many bugs still exist.

That being said, if they're crucial A/B bugs that can plague a users experience, then there's less of an excuse. Because, at some point, those HAVE to be fixed. I wouldn't be surprised if the hold back on some of those fixes revolves around Activision's strong arm of "no, make more content, and more money!" I mean, Warzone is still doing really well, as well as the COD brand in general, so why fix things when it's still making money?! Just keep pumping it full of content! :pie_eyeroll:

It's just so sad how many developers have basically just become gears in the COD machine, and that's all they really do now. Developers with awesome backgrounds and portfolios, but that's their life now. :(

Rbk_3

My biggest problem is that map tbh. It’s such a bland map to play on over and over. Also pop in on my PS4 slim. Every pop in makes me think there’s player movement

It's a pretty big technical marvel this game at this scale with this many players can even run at 60 fps on original last gen hardware tbh

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

I enjoy it but only play it fairly infrequently, probably a couple of games a week at most.

I can’t say I’ve noticed too many issues but then I’m not that experienced with it. I either get a fairly solid start and last until the top 20 or so, or die almost immediately. There’s little middle ground for me!

Boneless

Reminds me of Ark, such a great game, but oh my, horrible bugs, bad performance optismisation etc that never get fixed. Only pumping out new DLC / new Ark like games built on the same shitty codebase.

The problem is, fixing bugs often does not have an effect for a business that is easily measurable, compare that with DLC/skins, the effect their is directly measurable in money. Business picj what they can measure for their dev time investments.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
I can't stand playing FPS games on a controller. :(
Good we don’t want to play against point and clickers anyway.
And you know why. My friend tried mouse and keyboard once he really didn’t enjoy the interface but said it was so easy to get kills.

Last edited:
Top Bottom