• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Washington Post] Insomniac And Sony Donate 50k to WRRAP While Pushing Herman Hulst to Make Jim Ryan to do better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose92

[Membe

A portion of the email is structured as a Q&A addressing questions from employees. In it Price explains his rationale for the social media silence. He begins by noting the studio sent a "near-60 page" document to PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst filled with messages from employees urging leadership — Ryan, in particular — to "do better by employees who are directly affected." For the time being, however, Insomniac is not allowed to make a statement about reproductive rights or its donation — nor does Price think it would be a good idea for the studio to go over Sony's head and try.

"There would be material repercussions for us as a wholly owned subsidiary," Price wrote in response to a question about what would happen if Insomniac tweeted about the donation. "Among other things, any progress that we might make in helping change [Sony Interactive Entertainment's] approach would be stopped dead in its tracks. We'd also probably be severely restricted from doing important public-facing work in the future."

After Jimbo told all his employees about his cats and dogs, Insomniac apologies and donates money.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What did Insomniac say about abortion? Did they say something stupid about it? Is that why they are not allowed to keep talking about abortion?

Last edited:

solidus12

Jimbo, fix this mess, you don’t want Insomniac to leave PS studios now do you?

They’ve been carrying the whole PS5 launch on their shoulders.

Fake

This is the stupidest controversy i've ever seen.

Dude was literally asking employees not to start fights over it. Why is this wrong?

This is the famouns right/wrong thinking. Twitter do this a lot.

I don't like Jim at all, but making his staff not fightning each other is an adult move.

kyoji

Jim ryan:
LUaULR2.jpg

In all seriousness though, hes not getting the credit he deserve for the good things hes done with ps5 so far. And now factions want to force more political stances onto a corp that isnt just based in the U.S. , unbelievably really.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seems to me that expecting a Dutchman to be more sensitive to American issues than an English guy shows a severe lack of cultural understanding!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is the stupidest controversy i've ever seen.

Dude was literally asking employees not to start fights over it. Why is this wrong?
Agreed but this means Jimbo gets fired and Andrew House takes Playstation again, Im all for it lol

After Jimbo told all his employees about his cats and dogs, Insomniac apologies and donates money.

Imnsoniac seems to be against unborn baby rights and is very upset Sony is not letting them tweet about how right their opinion is nor their donations to enable abortions. This is what happens when you let your studio be bought out, at the end of the day you're selling your right to act however you want whenever you want.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
why everybody target sony and jimbo?

what about Microsoft and Nintendo stances on this?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Jim ryan:
LUaULR2.jpg

In all seriousness though, hes not getting the credit he deserve for the good things hes done with ps5 so far. And now factions want to force more political stances onto a corp that isnt just based in the U.S. , unbelievably really.
But Playstation Headquarters were moved from Tokyo to San Francisco's silicon valley. What did they really expect moving there?

They are pretty much an american company now. At least the PS Division anyway. This is on them.

I mean the obvious solution here that is in line with Jimbo's original statement would be to let each studio decide what they want to do out of their own budget, and anything that follows (good or bad) will be addressed during whatever normal studio evaluations Sony does internally. The only ground rules needed would be that its optional for employees and not a factor in any individual performance reviews.

Maybe this is just too easy of a solution, I don't know.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I had to google what WRRAP is and it's an organization that supports abortions, especially for women who need help with money and emergency services.

So Insomniac donates $50k to them, Sony HQ matches, but Sony doesn't want Insomniac to PR about it?

LOL

Talk about intercompany head butting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom