• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion 4.5 Update Patch Notes(Includes 60 FPS for PS5/Series X/S)

DedSec, we’re deploying Title Update 4.5 to all platforms today. This patch will bring our second Tactical Op, Project Omni, a new free reward track for the Online mode, as well as more game improvements, 60 FPS performance mode to next-gen consoles and cross-family play on consoles.

The update will be between 16 and 39GB depending on your platform and will be required to play the Online Mode, so make sure you download the patch and restart your game clients.

New Tactical Op: Project Omni

Take on this intense, challenging content with 3 other players. DedSec infiltrates a secret project that is affecting people’s Optik devices throughout the city… only to find out that a mad doctor has been experimenting on people and has merged their brains with a neural network that he controls. He must be stopped.

Quality of Life updates:

• 60 FPS performance mode for next-gen consoles.
  • Cross-family play is now enabled. Players on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S, as well as PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 can now play together within their console family.
  • Added loading screen hints for the HUD customization options.
  • We've made several adjustments and optimizations to the start of the Single Player campaign. This will speed up some of the early areas and make it easier for new players to find their footing in our near-future London.
New free Operative:

Helen will join your DedSec ranks on June 15th. She will be a free Operative available through the Premium Store!

Online mode:

• **Season 2: New free reward track for the Online Mode:**A new reward track is now live for players in the Online Mode. Level up and earn exclusive cosmetics, ETO, Watch Dogs Credits and more!
    • New reward track features 80 ranks of progression.
    • Each influence reward is smaller than in Season 1 (8, vs 10), but overall, the season has significantly more Influence to earn.
    • There are more cosmetic items to be earned compared to Season 1.
    • Updated sound and visual effects when claiming rewards.
  • New Daily Challenges have been added.
  • Greatly expanded the set of Masks that can be found in Hotspots.
  • Ability to profile other players.
    • You are now able to profile other players in your session to view their stats.
  • Slightly reduced overall difficulty of Co-op missions:
    • You now have more time to revive a fallen teammate, increased by +5 seconds.
    • You now have more time to locate the dead bodies in Meltdown, increased by +30 seconds.
    • Increased HP for the backpack in Meltdown & Repossession missions, by +25%.
  • Online mode buttons have received some polish.
Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead – Alpha launches on PC

A new mode has been added to Watch Dogs: Legion for players on PC. Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead will be in alpha for now and you can find detailed information in our dedicated blog here. It is now available for all owners of Watch Dogs: Legion on PC. Players on consoles and cloud platforms will be able to join the test in the future.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue that could cause a waypoint to disappear when reaching the Tower of London location during Online mode Assignments.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Mina to despawn when mind-controlling an enemy.
  • Fixed missing subtitles from all locals during the “... And Rise” mission in single player.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong cooldown to be displayed after using the Gun Jam ability of the Guardian Drone gadget.
  • Fixed a placeholder text in the objective during the Dysfunction Online co-op mission when playing with a German client.
  • Fixed missing sound effects for the Absorption Shield ability of the First Responder when being used on friendly NPCs or players.
  • Fixed several low-resolution textures around London.
  • Fixed incorrect images in the Online mode tutorial.
  • Fixed floaty Spiderbot jumping.
  • Adjusted input curve for look speed to create a smoother experience.
  • Fixed Mina’s poncho to prevent clipping when wearing larger masks.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the map reveal music to repeatedly play after finishing a Borough Uprising mission.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the recruitment objectives to not properly update after recruiting the appropriate Operatives during the “Swipe Right” mission.
  • Fixed missing color from the eyes and mouth of the card box mask.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the background music to appear muffled during the boxing tutorial.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during the Blume Tower cinematic when the menu narration option was turned on during the “Restart DedSec” mission.
  • Fixed an issue that caused blue jeans to be yellow.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Mina to retain weapons of mind controlled enemy NPCs after the mind control had ended.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to lose all audio when playing with a controller.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a black screen after switching between Operatives for the first time.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the necessary vehicle during the “Intelligence Gathering” and “Goods Recovery” Online assignments not to spawn.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the necessary hostage during the “Trafficking Victim” and “Rescue Organiser” Online assignments not to spawn.
  • Fixed an issue that caused several Spiderbot skin textures to look too similar to each other.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a frozen frame to be shown when accessing Photo Mode while moving.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Operatives to shrink in size when equipping the Deputy Director uniform.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the “Expose Illegal Seizure” Online Assignment to not spawn correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an Angry-Escargot error when trying to connect to the Online mode after switching the game to an Asian language.
  • Fixed an issue where the mission area wouldn’t properly be displayed for the Online mode Co-Op mission “Dysfunction”.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the “Use takedowns while undetected in Co-op missions” challenge to only count weapon takedowns.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading screen when trying to connect to the Online mode under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a second Mina to spawn under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to be blocking each other when trying to access the DedSec hackerspace shop.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing DLC while playing on different platforms with the same Ubisoft Connect account under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Borough Uprising UI elements to not be displayed properly under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed lighting issues in the Blume complex building.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the AR Medical Shield visual effects to appear corrupted during cinematics.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Guardian Drone ability to go unintentionally go on cooldown when using it on a player in a vehicle in Online co-op.
  • Fixed an issue where a second network error would be displayed after disconnecting and reconnecting to the game.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Bareknuckle Arena bouncers to inherit Mina’s ability when mind controlling a bouncer with Mina.
  • Made improvements to the game that should reduce hitching and freezing some players have experienced while playing.
  • Fixed outdated description of “Gameplay Event CC” in the Audio and Language options menu.
  • Fixed missing audio reverb when Mina is saying that her OMNI Optik is on cooldown. Fixed an issue that caused the LTL Stun Gun reload animation to be too stiff. Relax!
  • Fixed an issue that would cause placeholder tiles to show in in-game shops when scrolling through items.
  • Fixed an issue that caused placeholder text to be present under certain circumstances during the “Repossession” co-op mission.
  • Fixed an issue where the “View Summary” text in the teams tab was not localized for certain languages.
PC

• Fixed missing sound effects for the AR Medical Shield ability of the First Responder.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the VIP for the Tower Hamlets Borough Uprising opportunity to not spawn.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when mind controlling an enemy NPC with Mina and the NPC dying.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when mind controlling an enemy NPC with Mina when a matchmaking vote was started in Online mode.
  • Removed superfluous spaces between words in tutorials while playing with an Arabic version of Watch Dogs: Legion.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash after interacting with the keypad inside the elevator during the “Use Tower elevator” objective in the “In Full Blume” mission.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game mode text to jitter while in the Online mode menus.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to be unable to complete the “Home and Hosed” mission.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Mounted Shield ability to not have the proper cooldown under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the Killer Beat ability to earn ETO while driving when entering a vehicle after using the ability.
  • Fixed inconsistencies between the objective text and the hovercard text during the “The Heist” mission.
  • Fixed an issue where Mounted Shields could persist indefinitely if the player spawning the shield would leave the Online mode session.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the incorrect gender to be displayed in the Deep Profiler when using several localizations of the game.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash after releasing a mind controlled enemy NPC with Mina.
  • Fixed several issues where abilities used the wrong gender information in several localizations of the game.
  • Fixed floating laptops in the “Dysfunction” Co-op mission.
  • Fixed excessive amount of drone docking stations in the “Dysfunction” Co-op mission.
  • Fixed an issue that caused bomb timer sound effects to still be played when sound effect volume was set to 0.
  • Fixed the flickering on several decals on shops in the open world.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the “Bleeding out” warnings and timers to not be affected by Deuteranopia and Protanopia options.
  • Fixed an issue that caused character names to appear cut-off at a certain length when inspecting them in the hackerspace shop while playing with Japanese localization.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the visuals of Mina’s “OMNI Optik” to appear green intead of purple when playing with Ultra ray-tracing settings.
Xbox

• Enabled audio downmixing when using quick resume to improve audio quality.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when putting the console in standby mode during an Online mode session and then resuming the game.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the French audio to be missing from the first dialogue with Mina.
Xbox One

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when joining or leaving a co-op session in the Online mode.
  • Fixed an issue that could case Swarm Drones to become unresponsive once falling below 50% health in Online mode sessions.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the screen to flicker when navigating in and out of selections in the Options menu.
Xbox Series X/S

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to freeze while free roaming in Online mode.
PlayStation

• Fixed an issue that caused players on PlayStation 4 to not be able to see PlayStation 5 profiles when pressing “View profile” and vice versa.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a player to not properly disconnect from an Online mode session when signing out of the PlayStation network.
PlayStation 4

• Fixed an issue that could cause the player to receive an “Boring-0x00000001” error when trying to connect to Ubisoft Connect with a new account on a Russian SKU of Watch Dogs: Legion.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when pressing X on the prompt screen when starting Watch Dogs: Legion.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause FPS drops while delivering the backpack during the “Repossession” co-op mission.
PlayStation 5

• Added missing activity cards to the Online mode.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when a matchmaking vote was initialized while using the mind control ability of Mina.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck when mind controlling an enemy NPC and moving out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when accessing the hackerspace shop.
Stadia

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when another player initiated a matchmaking vote during Online co-op.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the player position and nameplate to not properly display after mind controlling an enemy NPC with Mina and letting the NPC die during an Online mode co-op session.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash after shooting red propane tanks at The Hackney Baths.
Source:

I rarely make threads so if this was made already please merge or delete it. I tried searching and just saw announcements regarding the patch a few weeks ago, but they just posted the patch notes on their Reddit.

Downloading the updates now

Last edited:
Mine is halfway finished on Series X Right now, its like 38.4GB. Looking at the people on reddit saying the PS5 update is much smaller but I don't own it on there and can't confirm.

I wish they enabled cross save, I own it on PC too and already beat it there. My gameshare partner bought the Xbox version so im just testing it out, wish I could dump my save game to the console like I could with Valhalla

I gave the game a shot with uplay+ and this is coming from someone who enjoyed both Watch Dogs, but it was absolute crap. Has to be the most boring fully functioning game I ever played.

retsof624

Mine is halfway finished on Series X Right now, its like 38.4GB. Looking at the people on reddit saying the PS5 update is much smaller but I don't own it on there and can't confirm.

I wish they enabled cross save, I own it on PC too and already beat it there. My gameshare partner bought the Xbox version so im just testing it out, wish I could dump my save game to the console like I could with Valhalla
I have it on PS5. It was 11GB

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
ea4Rr9Y.jpg

matt damon apples GIF

Played a bit on series x didn't played before the frame rate looks fine but it's definitely not high resolution it's maybe 1440p max

Mr Moose

I checked to see the download size, turns out I deleted the game months ago.
Played a bit on series x didn't played before the frame rate looks fine but it's definitely not high resolution it's maybe 1440p max
I think that's what the 30fps RT mode was, 1440p.

Last edited:

retsof624

Massive improvement at 60fps on PS5. Now I feel I want to actually play it. So far silky smooth and no frame drops from what I can tell.
I have noticed some slight screen tearing at the top of the screen but it’s not distracting. Not nearly as bad as AC Valhalla’s screen tearing.

I can confirm no RT at 60 FPS. No buy then for me.
Whoa they removed raytracing?

Is that why they've been dodgy with detailing the mode? Before making this thread I was looking for stuff indicating what the performance boost would include and was unable to find anything really.

Thats interesting

wipeout364

I am surprised at the number of people who base their game purchases on Ray Tracing seems really strange, FPS makes sense to me but RT just seems so oddly specific.

On topic I played this game at release and got burned by the save bug and lost a bunch of progress and quit. Sounds like it might be time to revisit the game. It’s all on me though as I should know to buy Ubisoft games 8 to 12 months after release by now so they actually are fixed and working.

whyman

That's funny. Everyone cries that graphics don't matter because you don't play graphics and then when they remove a graphical feature people get upset still. What a riot.
Well I don't agree. RT is important for next gen games imo. So is 60 FPS. We know it can be done.

Does it really look that bad?
Its pretty flat. Its not just the removal of ray tracing but the quality gets moved from whatever their 'high settings' are to medium, and its something kinda weird about the resolution I can't quite place it..But it just looks odd as hell, and after walking around on Series X and playing for like 15 minutes its some noticeable stutter when trying to make quick turns in the car, or even when sprinting

Loading/Fast Travel did seem a LITTLE bit better atleast.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Watch Dogs: Legion - PS5 Perfomance 60 fps Mode - Gameplay​

Very, very good but still has occasional stutter on camera pan and seemingly when loading the map. Pretty annoying when its so silky smooth most of the time, why not just fix those remaining minor niggles? Maybe they can't, without making pop-in really egregious or something else very detrimental and in that case its for the best.

I'd be interested to see how it runs when major shit is going down, lots of physics interactions and a lot of AI around.

faisalasif

Finally Watch Dogs: Legion PS5 60FPS patch is live. The 60fps patch runs at ? 60fps with no ray tracing.

Ubisoft has confirmed that Watch Dogs: Legion will be getting a 60 FPS "Performance Mode" on PS5 and Xbox Series X on June 1 alongside the ability to play with friends on the same console family, which means Xbox One players can play with those on Xbox Series X/S and PS4 players can play with those on PS5.

Watch Dogs: Legion PS5 60FPS Patch Gameplay

Last edited:
Hail 60 fps console gaming!

After this patch I'll might get this game. Watch Dogs 1 was just such a let down, so I haven't touched the series since.

Top Bottom