• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs: Legion - An Update From The Development Team

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In October 2020, Watch Dogs: Legion launched, and you joined us in London to stop the authoritarian powers that were threatening the city. The launch of the Online Mode continued your adventure with DedSec London, giving you the opportunity to stop new threats in the Tactical Ops, or to test your mettle against friends in the Spiderbot PVP arena.

Since then, we've expanded the world of Watch Dogs: Legion through a ton of new content in both single player and online.

We introduced a range of gameplay mode; from fan favourites such as Invasion, to Resistance Mode and a re-imagining of London as a zombie apocalypse with Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead.

Additionally, new characters joined the game, like Mina Sidhu, an escaped research subject with mind control abilities, Helen, a retiree with strawberry sweets and a taser in her purse, ready to use either to melt hearts, and Darcy, an Assassin with a strong connection to the London Brotherhood.

This summer also saw the return of an older Aiden Pearce and Wrench in the story expansion Watch Dogs: Legion -- Bloodline. Set shortly before the events of the main game, the expansion follows them both as they work together to prevent a rising authoritarian threat from a corporate giant, whilst dealing with their own personal motivations, and face old wounds. Continuing their stories, developing Aiden's relationship with his nephew Jackson, and digging deeper into Wrench's motivations was something we were very excited about bringing to the world of Legion, and we've loved seeing the positive reactions from fans.

Finally, thanks to your feedback, we added multiple quality-of-life improvements to the game.

Throughout it all, you've shown us your DedSec teams, favourite recruits, best game moments, fan art, cosplay, videos, and more, and we've loved seeing your content and passion.

TU 5.6 was our final update for Watch Dogs: Legion. However, you can look forward to reward tracks in the Online Mode, containing both new and returning rewards. The current season 4 Rebels track, containing 80 ranks, will run until January 22, 2022, followed by Season 5 Stripes. After that, Seasons 3-5 will continue to cycle and return to the game, giving you the opportunity to acquire rewards you might have missed out on in the past. Some rewards to look forward to is a modified version of Aiden Pearce's jacket, and Jackson's mask and clothing set.

The game has grown by leaps and bounds, with a ton of content to explore, from a sprawling near future city to an action-packed Online Mode. We couldn't be prouder of the game we've created, and we appreciate all of you who've joined us on this journey in London over the year. We look forward to seeing more of your adventures in Legion!

Until next time, DedSec.

//The Watch Dogs: Legion Development team

Bragr

Banned
Irrational hate towards anything ubisoft is part of the gaf experience.
There is more to it than that, the game is insane and might feature the dumbest story in video game history, you play as straight-up terrorists. Ubisoft also removed a voice actor from the game because Resetera flipped because someone found out that said voice actor had interviewed Jordan Peterson in the past. Then when other people found out that several voice actors had done worse, including the lead guy to promote the game, Ubisoft didn't comment, mostly because resetera didn't care this time. It made a lot of people frustrated at the dev team and their pandering.

Reizo Ryuu

There is more to it than that, the game is insane and might feature the dumbest story in video game history, you play as straight-up terrorists. Ubisoft also removed a voice actor from the game because Resetera flipped because someone found out that said voice actor had interviewed Jordan Peterson in the past. Then when other people found out that several voice actors had done worse, including the lead guy to promote the game, Ubisoft didn't comment, mostly because resetera didn't care this time. It made a lot of people frustrated at the dev team and their pandering.
Charlie Day Reaction GIF

Bragr

Banned
Hey, it's a reason. I don't know if there is any other game out there influenced by politics to the extent that Legion was. The entire setting and story are playing off social issues. And not in the best taste. No wonder it turned people off.

It also doesn't help that most people thought the recruiting system was overhyped and weak.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Pagusas

Elden Member
Is it worth playing? I played the one in San Francisco. I was very bored at the end.
Its fun and unique, has some cool gameplay aspects. The story Is hilariously bad, but I mean at the end of the day its an AC game, so take it for what it is, a fun, very well built sand box game.

UBI gets way to much hate here, they are one of the few big devs that puts out consistently good games (bloated, overly long games, but still good). They've done a good job of sticking with franchises and building them up. The last 3 AC games have all been great (yes Valhalla was a bit of a backward step, but compared to many other games out recently, its still good) and Odyssey is a game that STILL keeps giving.

Dr.Morris79

It's all so very lifeless and clinical. And christ does it scream diversity hiring, woke bullshit and newbies first open world game design. It's still riddled with some awful bugs too..

The map really is the star of the show mind you, it's just a damn shame about the rest..

The Zombies isnt too bad though.

SteadyEvo

Is it worth playing? I played the one in San Francisco. I was very bored at the end.
I finished Legion and played some of 2. Neither was as good as the original. Massive steps back in terms of driving and gunplay as well as story. 2 was way too silly and Legion just did nothing to make me care about the story since all playable characters can be recruited.

OG Watchdogs is an under appreciated gem

Codiox

if you like one of the most generic open world games where no character matters because all is random generated.

i tried to play it 3 times because i got it for free and really liked the second one but this game is an absolute shit. London is kinda cool but these characters....

finally uninstalled it last week after trying again.

i will wait for watch dogs 3.

cormack12

Gold Member
I bounced off after hitting the bug that corrupted my save after 28 or so hours and meant I'd have to start again. Deleted it after that.

MrTentakel

It´s a decent game with a braindead story and it was too long (one/two bosses less would have been more).
The last 8 hours I just used my assassin and brute forced it (very efficient but Watch Dogs is a meh shooter).

It was fine for the PS5 launch but don´t touch it again... I just can`t.

fatmarco

Legions sci fi aesthetic is awful looking, generic crap and the combat seems to get worse every game.

The perma death is cool but they simply cannot design a world that's interesting or remotely likeable.

I do wonder if they commit to a new title, as its certainly not had that gradual improvement that AC got over time.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Legions was okay, but a huge step down from 2. WD2 is among the best sandbox games and has one of, if not the most detailed and immersive cities in any game along with great NPC interactions.

Legions did have some cool NPC features though and probably unmatched NPC schedules.

K' Dash

Ah got it, Whiney little bitch syndrome. I heard that was highly infectious here.

You must be new, stupid and irrational hate towards Ubisoft is par for the course around here.

Funny thing is that these people are probably buying their games, just like "boycott COD".

jigglet

Banned
Makes game criticising authoritarian governments.

Posts #freeHK poster with Watchdogs 3 characters on their Facebook page.

Beijing tells them to take it down.

They instantly remove it, apologises.

Lmfao, you can't even make this shit up.

Ubi go suck my dick.

Stuart360

WatchDogs is the only modern Ubi franchise that i havent been able to get in to. In fact the much maligned Aiden Pierce for me ended up being the best main character and story from the 3 games.
The second game had the god awful hacker dweeb edgelords, and the third game was just random characters and you had no attachment to them.
Still this game seemed to flop hard, and they have supported it for over a year so cant excpect much more i suppose.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I really liked the first game but skipped the next two. I just didnt get what they were going for and I am a millennial who grew up in big coastal cities. I dont know any people like that.

Solarstrike

Loved the game but hated the voices. Too much accent. I've played games before where characters have had accents. This game was too much. Not enough character variety and also characters presented way too serious. Not much humor/fun. Graphics, play control, all top notch

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: amc
Top Bottom