• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs: Tokyo Series Announced (Manga)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch Dogs may be known best as one of Ubisoft's top properties, but the franchise is ready to spread its wings at last. After all, the video game series has a number of top-selling titles under its belt, but that is about all at the moment. Soon, a manga will take a swing at the series, and it will bring the franchise to Tokyo.

The update comes from Kurage Bunch as the publisher shared plans to put Watch Dogs Tokyo as an online exclusive. The series will put out its first chapter on April 12th overseas, and it has recruited two talented creators to bring its story to life. Shirato Seiichi will write the story while Kamo Syuhei of Gangsta: Cursed oversees its art.

At this point, fans know little about Watch Dogs Tokyo, but fans of the video game are ready to see the series take on a new setting. The first Watch Dogs entry was set in a fictionalized take on Chicago before the game's sequel took fans to San Francisco. The series left the United States with Watch Dogs: Legion in 2020, and it was there fans were allowed to explore London. And now, this manga will give games the chance to see how hacker organizations thrive in Japan.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I read "Watch Dogs Tokyo"

Got hyped then saw "Manga"

Fuck sake

Same here, i do like the series, nothing amazing and mixed feelings on each game, 2 being my favourite but Im always down for some more. Hopefully this is a nod that there not finished with the series and if Tokyo is next for WD4 then im up for that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I read Watch Dogs Tokyo

and my brain interpreted it as Sleeping Dogs

Then I thought we were getting a Sleeping Dogs sequel, then I realized I'm an idiot, then I got sad.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Watch Dogs in TOKYO and going BACK to an actual protagonist would be fantastic. WDL wasn't bad, and the idea could work in a sequel, but it is just really enjoyable playing as MARCUS in WD2 and just running around causing havoc.

NeoGiffer

Watch Dogs may be known best as one of Ubisoft's top properties

giphy.gif

Hugare

Funny how some of the most interesting settings for Ubisoft games are reserved for some 2d spin off (AC Chronicles) or manga

Watchdogs Tokyo would be amazing.

PS: Watchdogs 2 was the best Ubi open world game since AC 2 and no one can prove me otherwise

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I still haven't tried 3. Was it's concept too ambitious?

I'm replaying through it and Bloodlines DLC right now on PS5.

It's quite the catastrophe, unfortunately. It feels like they dedicated all their time and resources on the "recruit anyone you meet" mechanic and they forgot to create an actual game. It's just such a barebones experience, a complete regression in pretty much every single way. And profoundly boring to boot. The story is bad and the missions are TERRIBLE.

London is an awful setting, too. Especially after the colorful San Francisco in WD2. It's just a drab, endless blur of brown and grey.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

I'm replaying through it and Bloodlines DLC right now on PS5.

It's quite the catastrophe, unfortunately. It feels like they dedicated all their time and resources on the "recruit anyone you meet" mechanic and they forgot to create an actual game. It's just such a barebones experience, a complete regression in prett
much every single way. And profoundly boring to boot. The story is bad and the missions are TERRIBLE.

London is an awful setting, too. Especially after the colorful San Francisco in WD2. It's just a drab, endless blur of brown and grey.

Honestly the bloodlines DLC was the best part of Legion.

Not that I didn't like legion I really did (got the plat) but it had a lot of issues including the god awful voice acting.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I still haven't tried 3. Was it's concept too ambitious?

3 was insanely funny because I mostly used an African spy that looks like a college doctor and has heavy African accent to his English, so when he make subtle jokes and sarcasm it hits perfectly. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Depending on the one you choose, they can be very funny or cringe. There is also an amazing I think suburban London accent like the bald guy from the trailer, he's the funniest and you find his voice repeated in some random characters.

I think they've made a wonderful job with it, and it has some dark story elements that is very underrated.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Watch Dogs Legion was a pos compared to the others but I honestly dont have much else to play so this thread reminded me I should return to it and finish it prolly. At least its not 200h like Valhalla. That one is impossible to finish.

Top Bottom