• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waypoint Thread: Vice City Stories

Salarians

P1r1FWH.png

"kill 'em all" - Mei

spiritfox

I think they just sold me on a Rabbids game.

Also I need the 3MA episode on it just for the hilarity of serious wargamers discussing a Mario and Rabbids game.

Fireblend

Banned
There was no Waypoint Radio today, right? I thought maybe they'd have one without Austin but I guess there's more people missing today than just him. Too bad, was looking forward to more Rabbids impressions.

Anno

Austin was extra great on the Spawn on Me cast. He talked about some stuff that I wish he talked about more on Waypoint, but maybe he can't really. Or maybe I just want the Waypoint cast to be longer and more focused like that episode was. Either way I'm a Spawn on Me subscriber now for sure.

Austin Walker and Joel Fowler shout out on Bodega Boys, Desus and Mero shout out on Waypoint Radio.

The strength of the brands is almost unfathomable to me right now.
bc_flex.gif
flex.gif
sven-ult.gif

Salarians

Waypoint's going to PAX!
SAT 09/02 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
SPHINX THEATRE

The crew behind Waypoint make their PAX debut with a live version of their popular gaming podcast, Waypoint Radio. Join Austin Walker, Patrick Klepek, Danielle Riendeau, Danika Harrod and special guests to learn about life, love, and anime. Especially anime.

PANELISTS
Patrick Klepek [Senior Reporter, VICE], Austin Walker [Editor-in-Chief, VICE], Danielle Riendeau [Managing Editor, VICE], Danika Harrod [Social Editor, VICE]

Hasney

Because that's her job.

She gets paid a living wage to do that.

Someone, somewhere thinks it's worth tens of thousands of dollars a year.

And when you have web based content, they're usually right based on the data I analyse with the amount of eyeballs that gets pulled in with successful social usage. I don't know how it works with real world products like Wendy's account, but people who are #engaged with a #brand do usually convert into your content being accessed and returning visitors.

BTA

This new Waypoint Radio episode is great. They're on a really good run right now.

How much do they spoil stuff in Death of the Outsider?

The reason I stopped listening for a long time was because they were talking about Dishonored 2 (and FF15) in more detail than I wanted to hear, so I put off listening to it in general till I finished those and... well, I'm only now getting back to Dishonored 2 a year later.

This time around I'll be smart and just skip this one if it's spoilery.

robotrock

Banned

The reason I stopped listening for a long time was because they were talking about Dishonored 2 (and FF15) in more detail than I wanted to hear, so I put off listening to it in general till I finished those and... well, I'm only now getting back to Dishonored 2 a year later.

This time around I'll be smart and just skip this one if it's spoilery.

Finished it up, don't think it's very spoilery at all.

Thanks. I listened to the first 10 or so when the podcast first started and I wanted to like it as Austin is, of course, a legend and the crew (Danika et al) seemed like cool people but the dynamic just wasn't working for me, so it's really good to hear that they have found their groove.

Lijik

Patrick only played the first mission and a little bit of the second to get and try the new powers so barely any other than the general premise and new abilites. I suspect the talk on Monday if they return to it will be more spoilery

BTA

Finished it up, don't think it's very spoilery at all.

Patrick only played the first mission and a little bit of the second to get and try the new powers so barely any other than the general premise and new abilites. I suspect the talk on Monday if they return to it will be more spoilery

Awesome, thanks. I'll listen to it tomorrow and then likely skip Monday's. Obviously it'll be a while before I play it (since I still have a few levels of 2 left) but I've ended up in a position where I'm mostly going in blind, which isn't usually a thing I care about for games like this (where I'm not being spoiled for the story) but on a whim I'd like to mostly preserve it since it's so rare I'm in that state, hah.

The one that immediately comes to mind is Episode 91: The Orange Casket. I think the run started before this but that episode....that one's really good.

I started listening again a few episodes before that, but yeah, that's a pretty great one.

Top Bottom