• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB Apparently Test-Screened a Three-Hour Cut of Matt Reeves' THE BATMAN

Even as unconfirmed internet opinions go, these are especially worthy of discarding. 1. Saying anything remotely positive about Zoe Kravitz 2. Saying a Batmobile "Slayed". Expectations lowered if real.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I’m surprised no one has guessed this yet: What if the mic drop moment is Keaton’s batman? We know he’s going to be in The Flash. What if he shows up in a vision or an end credits teaser?

SJRB

Gold Member
I’m surprised no one has guessed this yet: What if the mic drop moment is Keaton’s batman? We know he’s going to be in The Flash. What if he shows up in a vision or an end credits teaser?

So you have this dark, gloomy Fincher-esque thriller that flirts with tones of horror for 3 hours, and at the end credits it goes full Marvel with a YOOO IT'S MULTIVERSE BITCH twist?

God no.

So you have this dark, gloomy Fincher-esque thriller that flirts with tones of horror for 3 hours, and at the end credits it goes full Marvel with a YOOO IT'S MULTIVERSE BITCH twist?

God no.
I mean, multi-verse is really the most basic way to allow movies like this to exist. It just means you can kinda make whatever you want and it's fine. It's not that big a deal.

ManaByte

It's already in this thread.

Batman fails, Riddler floods Gotham. Mr. Freeze is introduced, setting up the sequel. Gotham flooded + Mr Freeze ups the stakes.

plushyp

Batman fails, Riddler floods Gotham. Mr. Freeze is introduced, setting up the sequel. Gotham flooded + Mr Freeze ups the stakes.
Riddler flooding Gotham and Batman failing is straight out of Batman: Year Zero.

FunkMiller

This is true too.

The Penguin worked for Thomas Wayne and killed people for him.

None of this is confirmed though. Wasn't all part of that 4Chan leak that was also on reddit?

Edit: oh. It's from Giant Freakin' Robot.

...yeah, don't put too much stock in anything they say.

Last edited:

ManaByte

None of this is confirmed though. Wasn't all part of that 4Chan leak that was also on reddit?

Edit: oh. It's from Giant Freakin' Robot.#

...yeah, don't put too much stock in anything they say.
You forget that people saw the movie the other day.

ManaByte

...and no one has said anything to suggest that the rumours that GFR put out were true.

Asked my friend who goes to these WB lot screenings (who saw Matrix back in June) if they were true and he said they were. He hasn't answered yet if the second suit is really in the movie.

FunkMiller

Asked my friend who goes to these WB lot screenings (who saw Matrix back in June) if they were true and he said they were. He hasn't answered yet if the second suit is really in the movie.

So was he definitely at The Batman screening? Only those that did had to sign heavy NDAs.

ManaByte

Only those that did had to sign heavy NDAs.

Whoever said that is likely some blogger on Twitter who made themselves look like an idiot claiming it was Black Adam and is trying to cover their ass.

They do monitor social media and people who talk don't get invited to the next one, which is why people do it anonymously.

FunkMiller

Whoever said that is likely some blogger on Twitter who made themselves look like an idiot claiming it was Black Adam and is trying to cover their ass.

They do monitor social media and people who talk don't get invited to the next one, which is why people do it anonymously.

BluRayAngel stated he saw the NDA form from the friend who saw the film. They are very much a thing for test screenings, especially huge movies like this one. Audience has to sign to say that they will not share information on social media, or talk about the film with anyone.

I'd be really suspicious of anyone claiming to have seen something where there was no NDA present.

ManaByte

BluRayAngel stated he saw the NDA form from the friend who saw the film. They are very much a thing for test screenings, especially huge movies like this one. Audience has to sign to say that they will not share information on social media, or talk about the film with anyone.

I'd be really suspicious of anyone claiming to have seen something where there was no NDA present.

I know this guy. He goes to the WB lot screenings all the time. Again, if someone went there, signed the sheet, and posted under their real name they'd go after them.

I once posted stuff I heard from a different friend about a Fox movie and the company that put on Fox test screenings threatened me even though I wasn't the one there.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I know this guy. He goes to the WB lot screenings all the time. Again, if someone went there, signed the sheet, and posted under their real name they'd go after them.

I once posted stuff I heard from a different friend about a Fox movie and the company that put on Fox test screenings threatened me even though I wasn't the one there.

Okay, but if your friend is confirming that he was at the screening of The Batman, and can confirm that the stuff from the earlier leaks is correct, then that’s huge. Is that right?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Okay, but if your friend is confirming that he was at the screening of The Batman, and can confirm that the stuff from the 4Chan leak in June is correct, then that’s huge. Is that right?

I just asked him about the stuff about the ending and Bruce's parents. He doesn't give up many spoilers but I'm trying to get him to confirm if the second suit is in the movie or not.

Supposedly in the scene in the trailer with the guy with the bomb vest, the main suit we see gets destroyed in the explosion and he has a different one for the rest of the movie that looks closer to the comics.

Hulk_Smash

Banned

God no.
LOL. And the shit other people are suggesting is somehow less Loony Tunes?

ManaByte

LOL. And the shit other people are suggesting is somehow less Loony Tunes?
French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

FunkMiller

I just asked him about the stuff about the ending and Bruce's parents. He doesn't give up many spoilers but I'm trying to get him to confirm if the second suit is in the movie or not.

Supposedly in the scene in the trailer with the guy with the bomb vest, the main suit we see gets destroyed in the explosion and he has a different one for the rest of the movie that looks closer to the comics.

I might mention this elsewhere if that’s good with you. I know a lot of fans who would be interested in those rumours being confirmed as being in the film.

FunkMiller

I wouldn’t. Don’t want it connected to me even though I’m not the one who was there.

Think your friend’s been selling you some bullshit dude. I’ve been chatting with some guys whose opinions I trust that have been following Batman stuff on the Internet since we all piled onto BOF’s forum in the run up to Dark Knight, and the whole flooded Gotham, Mr Freeze thing is a load of horseshit. Didn’t mention you, don’t worry 👍

Last edited:

FunkMiller

BOF is a horseshit site.

GZFk8Az.jpg

Yeah, I left there years ago. I just met friends on it, whose opinions and information I trust a great deal because they’ve been right before. You’re being sold a load of balls mate. Up to you whether you believe that or not.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Yeah, I left there years ago. I just met friends on it, whose opinions and information I trust a great deal because they’ve been right before. You’re being sold a load of balls mate. Up to you whether you believe that or not.

Were those friends at the test screening on the WB lot in Burbank last week?

FunkMiller

Were those friends at the test screening on the WB lot in Burbank last week?

No, but if your friend was, and he's saying that The Batman ends with Gotham flooding and Mr Freeze popping up... he's lying to you. That rumour started with Giant Freakin' Robot back in June.

ManaByte

No, but if your friend was, and he's saying that The Batman ends with Gotham flooding and Mr Freeze popping up... he's lying to you. That rumour started with Giant Freakin' Robot back in June.

They also posted about what Matrix 4 is about, so they obviously have someone around WB sending stuff to them because what they posted about Matrix was 100% correct based on the screening.

FunkMiller

They also posted about what Matrix 4 is about, so they obviously have someone around WB sending stuff to them because what they posted about Matrix was 100% correct based on the screening.

Where did they post that? Can you link? I'm not having a pop at you dude, just saying you're being sold something that ain't real (about The Batman, anyway).

Edit: my mistake, you meant Giant Freakin' Robot, didn't you?

Well, all I can say is I'm 100% sure the flooded Gotham thing is false.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Where did they post that? Can you link? I'm not having a pop at you dude, just saying you're being sold something that ain't real (about The Batman, anyway).

They posted that on June 17th. The screening was on June 15th so they have someone near WB going to these things talking to them.

FunkMiller

They posted that on June 17th. The screening was on June 15th so they have someone near WB going to these things talking to them.

Well, like I say, I know The Batman rumour isn't true, so maybe they're right sometimes, sometimes not.

Top Bottom