• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB Fast-Tracks Wonder Woman 3 w/ Jenkins Returning to Write & Direct

ManaByte

Diana Prince is officially heading back to the big screen for a third “Wonder Woman” movie. Warner Bros. has fast-tracked development on another installment in the DC Comics franchise, with Gal Gadot returning to star as the title heroine and Patty Jenkins back to write and direct the concluding entry in the superhero trilogy.

Them saying "fast-tracked" probably means WB wants her to film it ASAP and get it done before she starts Star Wars.

It's Jeff

Banned
The average Warner Bros. executive earns $209,648.00 per year to say, "Wow, critics and audiences think this movie is dogshit. Make another one right now."

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think that’s a given nothing will stop directors making super hero movies at this point I’m thinking Lex Luther, open the door to modern day Wonder Woman, we’ll probably end up with 4 or 5 WW movies. DC needs this.

ManaByte

WW84 is really bad. So keep everything the same and fast track another one?

HBO says half of their subscribers watched the movie on Christmas day. They have about 29 million right now, so that's A LOT of people who watched it.

HBO says half of their subscribers watched the movie on Christmas day. They have about 29 million right now, so that's A LOT of people who watched it.

I watched it. It sucked. Even my cousin, who is way less critical about movies, said it was okay.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Ah, failing upwards because of what you lack in talent, you make up for by being the right kind of person.
Her debut which she wrote and directed was 2013's Monster, which was widely acclaimed and won Charllze Theron an Oscar (and did quite well financially too since it was on a tiny budget). Her second film was a huge blockbuster widely praised as the best of the post-Nolan DC movies.

WTF are you talking about? lol

WW84 was a complete step back from the original movie, it felt like they put so much energy and time into the visuals and the story was an after thought.

The opening scene was way too cheesy so we turned it off; I'll watch it when I'm in the mood for something cheesy but not expecting much, thought the first one was just OK.

It was, and I think it was a throwback to 80/ superhero movies. I would have been okay with that if it was executed well. Unlike Joker, you didn’t feel immersed in the 80s watching this film.

oagboghi2

Her debut which she wrote and directed was 2013's Monster, which was widely acclaimed and won Charllze Theron an Oscar (and did quite well financially too since it was on a tiny budget). Her second film was a huge blockbuster widely praised as the best of the post-Nolan DC movies.

WTF are you talking about? lol
The opening scene was way too cheesy so we turned it off; I'll watch it when I'm in the mood for something cheesy but not expecting much, thought the first one was just OK.

Her pedigree wasn't enough to overcome 10 minutes of cheese.

It's almost like her past successes don't matter at all

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Her pedigree wasn't enough to overcome 10 minutes of cheese.

It's almost like her past successes don't matter at all
In one post I'm pointing out she's had a lot of success and critical acclaim. She's not "failing up" she has been successful and had that success rewarded.

In my next post I am expressing a personal opinion on 2 of her films; what does one (my opinion) even have to do with the other (her obvious success)?

oagboghi2

In one post I'm pointing out she's had a lot of success and critical acclaim. She's not "failing up" she has been successful and had that success rewarded.

In my next post I am expressing a personal opinion on 2 of her films; what does one (my opinion) even have to do with the other (her obvious success)?
If this movie is considered a failure(I'm not sure what is considered failure anymore) than this is absolutely failing up.

Monster gurantees you a trilogy of superhero movies, no matter their quality, and a star wars movie? Says a lot

I notice none of the advertising around WW84 or Rogue Squadron focus on her success with Monster. They are focused on her gender though, and being the first woman to direct a star wars movie. I wonder why?🙄

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

If this movie is considered a failure(I'm not sure what is considered failure anymore) than this is absolutely failing up.

Monster gurantees you a trilogy of superhero movies, no matter their quality, and a star wars movie? Says a lot

I notice none of the advertising around WW84 or Rogue Squadron focus on her success with Monster. They are focused on her gender though, and being the first woman to direct a star wars movie. I wonder why?🙄
No, her success with Wonder Woman (2017) did that. Why are you ignoring she put out a successful blockbuster? lol

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

Top Bottom