• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB to announce Wonder Woman 2 release date at Comic-Con

Theorry

Comic-Con kicks off this week and details about what Warner Bros. plans to announce at their big DC Comics presentation on Saturday, July 22 are starting to leak out.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. is planning to officially announce Wonder Woman 2’s release date at Comic-Con, along with the news that Patty Jenkins will return to direct the sequel.

Reports last week said that Wonder Woman 2 will take Gal Gadot to the Cold War in the 1980s, where she’ll be facing off against the Soviet Union.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...al-harry-potter-film-at-us-box-office-1021638

http://batman-news.com/2017/07/17/wonder-woman-2-release-date-comic-con/

I forgot comic con was coming.

Kinda wanted WWII, but I don't know how they would handled that now that I think about it.

Edit: I hope the movie isn't fast tracked. Might hurt the quality and we've seen some superhero film suffer that

Definitely not wasting anytime and I don't blame them.

Wonder if they have plans to announce some news regarding The Flash, and possibly a Superman sequel?

WB only has one hero film for next year since Flash has director issues and I'm sure they want to change that to try to get at least two a year.

I think WB is still waiting to see the reception to JL and then decide what's going to happen next in regards to the overall DCEU.

WW2

Circe brings back Steve Trevor* lol

Diana meets Minerva, go on Indian Jones adventure to take down Circe

Horrible accident during final battle, Circe curses Minerva with the Cheetah

Perfect setup for WW3

Theorry

Definitely not wasting anytime and I don't blame them.

Wonder if they have plans to announce some news regarding The Flash, and possibly a Superman sequel?

WB only has one hero film for next year since Flash has director issues and I'm sure they want to change that to try to get at least two a year.

I think WB is still waiting to see the reception to JL and then decide what's going to happen next in regards to the overall DCEU.

They said they want two. But if its not right they would be fine with 1 also.
Sirens could have been. But its to late for that now.

Busty

Banned
2020 release I reckon.

I doubt WB are going to want to rush this and will give it the usual three year gap like Suicide Squad.

I'd hazard WB's panel will have the following announcements:
- Wonder Woman 2 is slated for 2019-2020.
- The Flash will get a director (either Zemeckis or Lord & Miller)
- Gotham City Sirens will get slated for 2020.
- First Aquaman teaser.
- Justice League extended trailer that shows Steppenwolf.
- Casting of Hal Jordan for "Green Lantern"

I think "The Batman" won't get any new info because Reeves and co. are still hammering out a final script for it, but I think the above looks right. I don't think we'll get any announcement of a Superman sequel/side-film because I doubt even WB knows where they want the character to go.

Penguin

The DCEU release line-up is such a mess, hopefully that will get addressed.

To be fair, we have never gotten a new release slate since the original and I do believe they'll never release another that far off.

They'll start announcing movies and dates, but maybe 2-3 years out at the furthest.

Also not surprising. Man of Steel Sequel was announced at Comic-con and that was only 3 weeks after release?

Theorry

- First Aquaman teaser.

I think "The Batman" won't get any new info because Reeves and co. are still hammering out a final script for it, but I think the above looks right. I don't think we'll get any announcement of a Superman sequel/side-film because I doubt even WB knows where they want the character to go.

I would replace GL with something about Batgirl or Nightwing.

- First Aquaman teaser.

Sounds about right, but I would guess that there will be a release window for The Batman, although probably not much else.

- First Aquaman teaser.

Suicide Squad 2. I read on the German PS Blog that they are starting filming early 2018 and John Ostrander is the writer. I honestly don't know where they got this, they say officially announced. Might be false, might be an embargo break.

Also, what about:

Batgirl and Nightwing, both have directors, no?

- First Aquaman teaser.

I'd venture to say WW2 and Sirens both get 2019 release dates. They need to film these things while all the women are still young. None of them have costumes that cover up their faces/bodies, and audiences would throw a fit if, god forbid, one of them gained weight/started getting wrinkles.

I would replace GL with something about Batgirl or Nightwing.
I don't think "Batgirl" will make an appearance at the show because Joss has his hands full with "Justice League". As for "Nightwing", I'm honestly doubtful that the movie will end up being made. They have a script being written and a director, but I'd imagine the studio wants a couple more passes at the script before they start doing anything major.

I do, however, believe that "The Batman" will include Batgirl and Nightwing in some quantity to set up their films in Batman Cinematic Universe corner of the DCCU.
Suicide Squad 2. I read on the German PS Blog that they are starting filming early 2018 and John Ostrander is the writer. I honestly don't know where they got this, they say officially announced. Might be false, might be an embargo break.

Also, what about:

Batgirl and Nightwing, both have directors, no?
Wait, isn't Ostrander the guy who wrote the comic run the first film was based on? I don't think that's true then. As for the Batman characters, I would like to believe that WB wants the Batman to first come out in order to set up these two films.

I forgot comic con was coming.

Kinda wanted WWII, but I don't know how they would handled that now that I think about it.

Edit: I hope the movie isn't fast tracked. Might hurt the quality and we've seen some superhero film suffer that

fwiw Wonder Woman came around about two years after Patty Jenkins came in to replace Michelle MacLaren in mid-2015. Filming began in November.

So in theory, they could have it ready for a November 2019 date, if they really wanted to. But I too would like to see them take their time.

yuraya

I'm guessing

Flash in Summer of 2019

Wonder Woman 2 in Fall of 2019

The Batman in Summer of 2020

Man of Steel 2 in Fall of 2020

Justice League 2 and Green Lantern in 2021

2020 release I reckon.

I doubt WB are going to want to rush this and will give it the usual three year gap like Suicide Squad.

That was my thought. Don't want to risk burning people out on the new franchise. DC can put out Superman or Batman in 2019.

Penguin

That's great but uh do you have any other movies WB?

In what sense?

I mean we know of Justice League and Aquaman for their DC slate

They have Tomb Raider, Ready Player One, Fantastic Beast sequel as their other major tentpoles for next year...

I'd venture to say WW2 and Sirens both get 2019 release dates. They need to film these things while all the women are still young. None of them have costumes that cover up their faces/bodies, and audiences would throw a fit if, god forbid, one of them gained weight/started getting wrinkles.

I definitely think "Sirens" will try and be ready for 2019 because Ayer left the "Scarface" reboot. That probably means he'll be ready to shoot the film in 2018, considering Ayer has teased which characters will make the eponymous Sirens and the villain.
I'm guessing

Flash in Summer of 2019

Wonder Woman 2 in Fall of 2019

The Batman in Summer of 2020

Man of Steel 2 in Fall of 2020

Justice League 2 and Green Lantern in 2021
No way. The Flash just lost its third director, its Henry Allen and potentially its Iris West. Whatever director that boards the project would do a Page 1 re-write as well, so I don't see a Flash movie coming till 2020-2021.

shira

Wonder Woman: Cold War Soldier
kunk-rum.gif

Effect

There really isn't a release lineup past Aquaman next year.

I think we'll see films announced one at a time over time. The slate they did will always be a mistake. That was one of the least WB things they've done and that was really a case of them copying Marvel. They never should have done that and I think they realize that. They should only announce films when they're sure about them and are about to enter production like they always have done in the past.

Keym

In what sense?

I mean we know of Justice League and Aquaman for their DC slate

They have Tomb Raider, Ready Player One, Fantastic Beast sequel as their other major tentpoles for next year...
Talking about how WB loves to announce a billion movies for the DCEU and then do nothing about them (Flash, Cyborg, Shazam/Black Adam, etc).

Guzim

If Patty Jenkins is announced as the director, that's going to get the biggest cheers during WB's panel at Comic Con.

Top Bottom