• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB to announce Wonder Woman 2 release date at Comic-Con

Gleethor

Isn't great that WB is excited about a DC movie that doesn't star a Batman character? Now about that Flash movie...

No way. The Flash just lost its third director, its Henry Allen and potentially its Iris West. Whatever director that boards the project would do a Page 1 re-write as well, so I don't see a Flash movie coming till 2020-2021.

Crudup and Clemens are still on board. If Lord and Miller come back they can just use the treatment they originally wrote and go from there instead of start from scratch.

blakep267

I can see both Batman and WW starting production in early 2018 with a 2019 release

Not sure where suicide squad fits in or Sirens. Unless they combine the 2. Frankly, the only pieces you keep Fromm SS are Harley, Deadshot and Waller. You can then add poison Ivy, cat woman and Batgirl to that and make a new thing

Penguin

I definitely think "Sirens" will try and be ready for 2019 because Ayer left the "Scarface" reboot. That probably means he'll be ready to shoot the film in 2018, considering Ayer has teased which characters will make the eponymous Sirens and the villain.

No way. The Flash just lost its third director, its Henry Allen and potentially its Iris West. Whatever director that boards the project would do a Page 1 re-write as well, so I don't see a Flash movie coming till 2020-2021.

Wait 3rd director?

No one has joined since Rick or am I missing something?

I'd venture to say WW2 and Sirens both get 2019 release dates. They need to film these things while all the women are still young. None of them have costumes that cover up their faces/bodies, and audiences would throw a fit if, god forbid, one of them gained weight/started getting wrinkles.

That is what special effects are for.

Mariolee

Crudup and Clemens are still on board. If Lord and Miller come back they can just use the treatment they originally wrote and go from there instead of start from scratch.

That reminds me, I wonder if anything ever materialized out of those director seat talks with Lord and Miller and if we might see some sort of announcement at Comic Con.

I think that'll be Kingsman 2, but who knows.

Wait, but isn't Kingsman 2...announced already?

Busty

Banned
Conan said he was having an interview with the cast of an unannounced movie set to be revealed at comic Con.

I wonder if this is it.

If I had to put money on something that DC potentially announces at SDCC it would be a solo Harley Quinn project which would then lead into Gotham City Sirens.

That's IF I had to put money on it.

Penguin

They could announce an actual release schedule. It sounds crazy, I know. But hey, it works for the competition!

To be fair, Warner hasn't officially announced a ton

A ton of stuff is out there from the trades and directors confirming stuff. But like Warner being like "Oh we have this Gotham City Sirens movie in the works" hasn't really happened.

That reminds me, I wonder if anything ever materialized out of those director seat talks with Lord and Miller and if we might see some sort of announcement at Comic Con.

Wait, but isn't Kingsman 2...announced already?

It could be? But I doubt they'd have casting this far out. Maybe Flash or Batgirl.

Announced and out in like two months

I believe the guests are unannounced. Not the movie.

In the past they did it with X-Men Apocalypse.

It's listed as,

Thursday, July 20
A surprise film cast to be announced

Which is also earlier than the WB panel on Saturday. 20th Century Fox is on Thursday.

Cold War would be perfect and was exactly what I walked out of the movie thinking about. Glad they're not going full modern right away with the sequel.

Oh whoops. I didn't see that clarification that he was still on board.

And i doubt that treatment was fully developed, so that'll take time to rewrite and develop as well.
Wait 3rd director?

No one has joined since Rick or am I missing something?
- Greg Berlanti
- Seth Grahame-Smith
- Rick Famuyiwa

Penguin

Oh whoops. I didn't see that clarification that he was still on board.

And i doubt that treatment was fully developed, so that'll take time to rewrite and develop as well.

- Greg Berlanti
- Seth Grahame-Smith
- Rick Famuyiwa

Greg Berlanti was never attached to direct the movie.
Seth was the first, Rick the 2nd

Also neither Iris nor Barry's dad has dropped out of the movie...

Berlanti to my knowledge was only rumored for the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle film

Keym

To be fair, Warner hasn't officially announced a ton

A ton of stuff is out there from the trades and directors confirming stuff. But like Warner being like "Oh we have this Gotham City Sirens movie in the works" hasn't really happened.
Fair enough. Hopefully this time around they announce projects that have a chance to come out relatively soon.

yuraya

I think it will all depend on how he turns out in Justice League. If he turns out to be the best and funniest thing about the movie then they will accelerate everything for his solo film. If not then we probably won't see it for a while. They really do need to release his solo stuff asap. He is the cornerstone of so many great JL stories.

suaveric

You guys aren't thinking big enough. They're going to have 3 movies a year starting in 2019. Here's what has been "announced" and/or rumored.:

Nightwing
Batgirl
Flash
Green Lantern Corps
Gotham City Sirens
Suicide Squad 2
The Batman
Shazam/Black Adam
Wonder Woman 2
Cyborg
Man of Steel 2
Justice League Dark

The above movies will take 4 years at 3 per year. I don't think all of these will be made in the end, but you also have to make room for sequels to any of these assuming they do well. And none of these actors are getting any younger. If WB has finally gotten their ducks in a row, and they'll have spent all of 2017 doing that, then we should see a ton of DC stuff start production next year.

shira

You guys aren't thinking big enough. They're going to have 3 movies a year starting in 2019. Here's what has been "announced" and/or rumored.:

Nightwing
Batgirl
Flash
Green Lantern Corps
Gotham City Sirens
Suicide Squad 2
The Batman
Shazam/Black Adam
Wonder Woman 2
Cyborg
Man of Steel 2
Justice League Dark

The above movies will take 4 years at 3 per year. I don't think all of these will be made in the end, but you also have to make room for sequels to any of these assuming they do well. And none of these actors are getting any younger. If WB has finally gotten their ducks in a row, and they'll have spent all of 2017 doing that, then we should see a ton of DC stuff start production next year.
That's going to be a dumpster fire if they are Snyder quality.

Patti and maybe Josh are the only ones I know will make good movie

giphy.gif

Matt Reeves directed 2/3rds of the best trilogy of blockbusters this decade. James Wan directed the two best big-budget horror films of the decade. They've got some strong talent attached to these.

suaveric

Snyder hasn't been involved in making DCEU decisions for over a year now, time for a new scapegoat.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Actually, he was somewhat involved in WW, and that turned out awesome in the end.
People panicked about his WW involvement because they don't know what a 'story by' credit means. It's unlikely he's even getting that going forward past Justice League.

Right, but that was filmed before Justice League. Everything after JL is out of his hands. Maybe even a lot of JL too.

Yup. Geoff Johns and WB Exec Jon Berg have been running the DCEU since last May. Wonder Woman is the first film they've been able to have significant input on, and even moreso for Justice League.

Actually, he was somewhat involved in WW, and that turned out awesome in the end.

Zack and Deborah Snyder, yeah. Funny because their involvement with Suicide Squad was limited to the brief Flash cameo. But some folks will always be hating the Snyders for being involved or eating crackers. I'd like them to return as producers on WW2 and other projects, if possible. Jenkins spoke highly of them to that end. But as far as shepherding the universe, Johns and Berg are credited as the heads right now.

Given BvS' reception, Snyder would likely have been fired from Justice League if the production schedule had allowed for it. I can't imagine he would have had much of a role in the DCEU from 2018 on even if his recent family tragedy hadn't happened.

WW had almost wrapped production by the time the BvS reviews started rolling in. I'm sure there were reshoots that Johns/Berg had more of a hand in, but I have to concede that somehow, the same shitty DCEU regime that produced MoS, BvS, and SS managed to turn out one good film.

AndyVirus

Guessing
Wonder Woman 2 - June 14th, 2019
Gotham City Sirens - August 2nd, 2019
The Batman - November 1st, 2019
The Flash - April 3rd, 2020

Maybe WW2 in 2020 though as Disney will destroy summer 2019 as things stand.

Ashhong

June 5 2020 has to be Wonder Woman 2. Maybe they will make it a triple and put Batgirl out that year as well. A year of only female led CBM would be pretty interesting. Though I would prefer they Batgirl sooner, maybe 2019.

Top Bottom