• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WBD reportedly finds their DC Feige

jason10mm

Gold Member
I remember when the internet convinced me to watch Mask of the Phantasm. "It's the best Batman movie," they said. It is not!

That said, Lego Batman is 100% the best Batman movie to watch with the kids. It's hilarious.
y9g5jqD.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just heard that WB has been negotiating with an actor for about two months with the intention of having everything locked down before the new DC head takes over. If they sign on, things are going to get very cool. If they don’t, prepare for endless casting speculation over the next four months.

MastaKiiLA

Hmm. His resume seems sus, but I will also note that Feige presided over all the Marvel dreck that preceded Iron Man. So past might not predict the future. That said, he was involved in Torque. So...yeah...that's not great.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Hmm. His resume seems sus, but I will also note that Feige presided over all the Marvel dreck that preceded Iron Man. So past might not predict the future. That said, he was involved in Torque. So...yeah...that's not great.

He didn't preside over anything prior to Iron Man.

MastaKiiLA

He didn't preside over anything prior to Iron Man.
You sure? His wiki shows he was executive producer on multiple Marvel films prior to IM. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Feige#Filmography

He wasn't in the same role he is now, but he wasn't a nobody. Executive producer that eventually gets keys to the castle suggests he had more than a little input into some of those duds. But maybe there's more info out there to the contrary.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Just heard that WB has been negotiating with an actor for about two months with the intention of having everything locked down before the new DC head takes over. If they sign on, things are going to get very cool. If they don’t, prepare for endless casting speculation over the next four months.

Who is it then? You’re an anonymous dude on a games forum. Let us in on your insider knowledge!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Who is it then? You’re an anonymous dude on a games forum. Let us in on your insider knowledge!
Cavill hasn’t signed yet. They’ve been negotiating for two months (which is probably why the SDCC rumors were flying around, if he signed by then he would’ve been there). WBD wants Superman locked down before the new head of DC takes over. It sounds like the deadline is Labor Day so they’ll be busy this week talking.

If he signs on they’ll film a quick cameo for Black Adam and then announce a new solo movie for him next year. If he doesn’t they’ll recast and announce the new actor for Superman later in the year.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Cavill hasn’t signed yet. They’ve been negotiating for two months (which is probably why the SDCC rumors were flying around, if he signed by then he would’ve been there). WBD wants Superman locked down before the new head of DC takes over. It sounds like the deadline is Labor Day so they’ll be busy this week talking.

If he signs on they’ll film a quick cameo for Black Adam and then announce a new solo movie for him next year. If he doesn’t they’ll recast and announce the new actor for Superman later in the year.

Ah, right. I was hoping it was about someone completely fresh. I’m ambivalent at this point about Cavill returning. I’d rather he go off and do something with Warhammer, which is something he wants a great deal. But then I’d also be cool with him actually getting the Superman movie he probably deserves. Though why he’d want to sign up again for the mess WBD are in, god only knows.

sol_bad

You sure? His wiki shows he was executive producer on multiple Marvel films prior to IM. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Feige#Filmography

He wasn't in the same role he is now, but he wasn't a nobody. Executive producer that eventually gets keys to the castle suggests he had more than a little input into some of those duds. But maybe there's more info out there to the contrary.

Positive, read the Story of Marvel Studios and it talks about his career on those films. A lot of what he and Avi Arad suggested got ignored, which is why they created Marvel Studios.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ah, right. I was hoping it was about someone completely fresh. I’m ambivalent at this point about Cavill returning. I’d rather he go off and do something with Warhammer, which is something he wants a great deal. But then I’d also be cool with him actually getting the Superman movie he probably deserves. Though why he’d want to sign up again for the mess WBD are in, god only knows.
The problem is you have some people online trying to say he's back, getting everyone's hopes up, when in reality they're at an impasse and it can go either way in a week.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The problem is you have some people online trying to say he's back, getting everyone's hopes up, when in reality they're at an impasse and it can go either way in a week.

Personally, I don’t think it’ll happen. Sounds like he knows things are an absolute mess, wants a big enough financial incentive to come back to it, and WBD aren’t giving him what he wants. I doubt negs would be happening at all if it weren’t for Dany Garcia and her relationship with Dwayne pushing it. Mind you, Cavill made a huge mistake dumping UA for her. Dallas Smith is a far better agent.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Personally, I don’t think it’ll happen. Sounds like he knows things are an absolute mess, wants a big enough financial incentive to come back to it, and WBD aren’t giving him what he wants. I doubt negs would be happening at all if it weren’t for Dany Garcia and her relationship with Dwayne pushing it. Mind you, Cavill made a huge mistake dumping UA for her. Dallas Smith is a far better agent.

I remember people saying she was the source of most of the issues between WB and him.

MastaKiiLA

Just posting this because it is too funny.
Mia Khalifa defending the SnyderVerse is something I didn't knew I wanted to see

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF
Snyder stans around the world offering up an appreciative nut for this spirited defense. One of those "we got your back"-shots.

kondorBonk

Not a bad choice but I would love if they gave Bruce Timm and Paul Dini a seat at the round table. Their version of characters and that world are what I want to see adapted.

Not to impressed so far with the current "You're not my father" Robert Pattinson.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm just looking forward to Reeve's Batman sequel, Joker 2, and whatever Superman movie they cook up next. I don't really care whether they stich together a "shared universe" or not. It's cool that we have the MCU but I don't feel that DC needs to mimic that.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not a bad choice but I would love if they gave Bruce Timm and Paul Dini a seat at the round table. Their version of characters and that world are what I want to see adapted.

Not to impressed so far with the current "You're not my father" Robert Pattinson.

I take it you never saw Bruce Timm's adaptation of The Killing Joke...

ManaByte

Gold Member
Don't know if it's legit, but I trust who told me this. Sounds like Cavill signed on and he'll have like a 5 second cameo in Black Adam in the credits:
Black Adam is talking to Amanda Waller and says something like "I'm stronger than anything on Earth". You hear Cavill say "Good thing I'm not from Earth" and you see his silhouette before he steps out of the shadows.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Don't know if it's legit, but I trust who told me this. Sounds like Cavill signed on and he'll have like a 5 second cameo in Black Adam in the credits:
Black Adam is talking to Amanda Waller and says something like "I'm stronger than anything on Earth". You hear Cavill say "Good thing I'm not from Earth" and you see his silhouette before he steps out of the shadows.
That make sense. Hope we can see Black Adam in Shazam 3 though.
And announce MoS II ffs

sol_bad

It's a headless Superman cameo because they couldn't work things out with Cavill and his manager. Just him showing up again is a huge deal.

No doubt, I want him back too, badly. I just hope they can do a better post credit scene than that. Maybe it will work within the context of the whole movie.

Valedix

I like how you put the spoiler in the spoiler title name 😂

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

I’ll believe that when I see it… having pirated the film and sped through to the end 😂

ManaByte

Gold Member
New Black Adam TV spot has dialog from the credit scene where Cavill appears.

In the TV spot you hear Black Adam say "There's no one on this planet who can stop me".

After that:
Cavill says "Good thing I'm not from this planet." and he steps out of the shadows.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
New Black Adam TV spot has dialog from the credit scene where Cavill appears.

In the TV spot you hear Black Adam say "There's no one on this planet who can stop me".

After that:
Cavill says "Good thing I'm not from this planet." and he steps out of the shadows.

That sounds clunky as shit to me.

Surely Dwayne should say "There's no one from this planet who can stop me" for
Cavill's
line to work? Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Mind you, this is the DCEU, so clunky nonsensical shit is par for the course.

Top Bottom