• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[WCCFTECH] *rumor* "Entire iPhone 12 lineup to feature OLED screen, up to 10-bit color support...."

Rumors of the iPhone 12 family sporting OLED panels for all four models later this year have been talked about for quite some time. Apple is expected to source OLED screens from Samsung, LG, or BOE, making it a diversified suppliers list for 2020.

While All iPhone 12 Models Will Get OLED Treatment, Only the Two Premium Ones Will Feature 120Hz Displays

Starting with the cheapest iPhone 12, which is expected to sport a 5.4-inch screen and a $649 starting price, it will sport a flexible OLED screen from Samsung with Y-OCTA technology. As for other details, this iPhone 12 version will reportedly have a 2340 x 1080 resolution.

The more premium 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro is rumored to be one of the first phones to provide support for 10-bit color, delivering a more ‘true to life’ experience. The iPhone 12 Pro might not have Y-OCTA technology but it should have the same 2532 x 1170 resolution as the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Max.

Apple might bring extreme dynamic range (XDR) to its iPhone lineup, which is specified as 1,000 nits of full-screen brightness and 1,600 nits of peak brightness. Coming to the iPhone 12 Pro Max, Young believes it will sport a 6.68-inch display, along with a resolution of 2778 x 1284, 10-bit color support, 120Hz refresh rate, and is expected to be XDR capable.

Fuck if Sony and Apple ever collaborated on anything the endless amount of bullshit from their marketing teams would be spectacular

I have an iPhone11 max for work and a Samsung note for home (you can’t watch funny Webms on Apple) and they throw around Apple dynamic display as a counter for a 4K hdr screen

The Samsung fucking trounces it.... actually the screen they used 2 years ago trounces it

Why do people still fall for this shit?

Anki

Banned
The Samsung fucking trounces it.... actually the screen they used 2 years ago trounces it

Why do people still fall for this shit?

You see some people dont care, including me. I dont care if some android phone has better display or it has other better features, i just dont like using android os.

My next phone will be iphone (probably the cheapest one because It has smaller size) i just like the feel and look of the ios.

V4skunk

Banned
Apple is over priced chinese shit. The screen is also from Samsung.
Samsung are the world leader in LCD and the Galaxy phones get the state of the art tech.
You have to be a retard to buy an Apple over a Samsung.

i just dont like using android os

I used to feel this way until I tried a custom launcher like this:

One thing that is missing is the feature of Windows Mobile where you could often press the three vertical dots and see a "tooltip" description of what each button in an app does. This was nice and handy.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
Samsung are the world leader in LCD and the Galaxy phones get the state of the art tech.
Not really.

x1zdafy.jpg

But I can tell you’re an advanced expert from the way you call OLED displays LCDs.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Tell that to all the screen testing sites.

Skyr

u mad?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Apple pretending that the world is going to buy their price gouge shit in the middle of an economic depression largely caused by Cook's buddies in government is hilarious to me.

I say this as an Apple user. I have an iPhone 8.

jts

...hate me...
Apple pretending that the world is going to buy their price gouge shit in the middle of an economic depression largely caused by Cook's buddies in government is hilarious to me.

I say this as an Apple user. I have an iPhone 8.
I mean, you could be the one pretending people aren’t going to buy it or that the best course of action for companies at the moment is to abandon product development cycles because the economy is taking a downturn, which is hilarious in a forum where the most discussed products are absolutely unnecessary videogame consoles that are coming out later this year costing hundreds of dollars.

Apple isn’t pretending anything. It’s one of the most effective result oriented companies in the world and is going to make an absolute truckload of profit over a new iPhone, even if it falls short of what it would have been without the crisis.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Ready for a new iPhone but everything currently offered by Apple is bigger than I'd like. (Currently using a 1G iPhone SE.)

Really hoping that 5.4" model pans out.

Last edited:

Durask

I’m starting to fall in love with that on my TV, and would love the same experience while kicking back with a tablet.

Maybe I am blind but I really do not see any difference with HDR.
My TV has HDR10 and Dolby Vision, tried playing with settings, read AV forums, etc. Do not see any difference,.

My projector looks like utter shit in HDR mode, but projectors can't do HDR unless they are really really bright and mine is about 4 years old so anything with HDR from back then is BS.

SpartanN92

Banned
I sell phones for a living and I use an iPhone 11 Pro for personal and a Note 10 for work. I like both 🤷🏻‍♂️

That said I desperately try to get my customers to buy LG or Samsung over iPhone because they pay more (LG WAYYYYY more)

Heres a general idea, this is commission in my pocket amounts:

LG G8: $175
LG V60: $125
Samsung S20 Ultra: $43
Samsung S20+: $50
Samsung A50: $65
iPhone 11: $14
iPhone 11 Pro/Max: $11

If you come to my store and buy an iPhone I’m throwing every single fee and add on in the book at you to at least become a bit more profitable 😂

-Arcadia-

Banned
Maybe I am blind but I really do not see any difference with HDR.
My TV has HDR10 and Dolby Vision, tried playing with settings, read AV forums, etc. Do not see any difference,.

My projector looks like utter shit in HDR mode, but projectors can't do HDR unless they are really really bright and mine is about 4 years old so anything with HDR from back then is BS.

I'm new to 4K and HDR, but it may depend on content, or even how services deliver that content? Even if the content in question says it's HDR.

Like with The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker on Disney+. I couldn't see the difference at all for HDR. I couldn't even see that the movie looked 4K.

But recently, I've been watching Upload and Tales From The Loop on Amazon Prime, and the HDR is absolutely gorgeous, from the expanded colors, to how darker scenes with bits of lighting look (flat out beautiful).

Same with games. I don't really see anything in Final Fantasy 7, but turn around to Red Dead Redemption's intro (with HDR set to game mode in the in-game menu), and wow.

I hope it's just that issue for you, or you find your way past it. Perhaps someone can help. But it's definitely something you'll notice when done well.

Last edited:
I used to feel this way until I tried a custom launcher like this:

One thing that is missing is the feature of Windows Mobile where you could often press the three vertical dots and see a "tooltip" description of what each button in an app does. This was nice and handy.

Oops, I meant this one:

Last edited:
Top Bottom