• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need new Marvel movies for Ghost Rider, The Hulk, Spider-Woman, and X-Men!

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Shang-Chi, I think we still need to see some other more familiar Marvel superheroes get their own movies as well. The ones that come to mind are Ghost Rider, The Hulk, and Spider-Woman. Then of course there's the X-Men which I'll be really interested to see how they introduce Wolverine and the other iconic mutants into the cinematic universe.

Also, more Spider-Man movies. I don't know if eventually Venom will cross over into the Spider-Man movies but that would be really cool to see. In fact, I want more scenes of Spider-Man in the next Avengers movie.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
The Hulk I’ll go see simply because he’s my favorite. The others? Nope. I’m super burned out on super-heroes.

About the only comic book movie I’d see is LOBO or Hulk vs Wolverine. I’d also be interested in a live action adaptation of Kingdom Come or The Dark Knight Returns (even then the animated movie was pretty damn good).

Since none of those are bound to happen any time soon...

NahaNago

I do want to see another Hulk movie. X-men is going to be so far away. I also wouldn't mind another ghost rider movie. I mostly just want to see the new Blade movie and a decent fantastic four.

sol_bad

Hulk and Spider-Woman are in weird situations.

My understanding is that film distribution rights for Hulk are still with Universal Studios. That's the reason the MCU hasn't had any self contained films and his character arcs were implemented into Thor: Ragnarok, Infinity War and Endgame.

Spider-Woman is stuck with Sony. And I don't trust Sonys live action films. Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were bad. Venom was bad. Venom 2 looks to be bad. And the Morbius movie looks ... OK.

I hope the MCU movies and Sony movies stay separate. I hope that Michael Keoton in the Morbius movie is not mentioned by name at all.

X-Men and Ghost Rider will happen. Who knows when though.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Funny Face Movie GIF

My understanding is that film distribution rights for Hulk are still with Universal Studios. That's the reason the MCU hasn't had any self contained films and his character arcs were implemented into Thor: Ragnarok, Infinity War and Endgame.

Spider-Woman is stuck with Sony. And I don't trust Sonys live action films. Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were bad. Venom was bad. Venom 2 looks to be bad. And the Morbius movie looks ... OK.

I hope the MCU movies and Sony movies stay separate. I hope that Michael Keoton in the Morbius movie is not mentioned by name at all.

X-Men and Ghost Rider will happen. Who knows when though.
See now this is something I don't quite understand - why are Hulk and Spider-Woman and other popular Marvel characters not with Marvel Studios? I thought Disney was super rich.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Its a shame that Banner has become comic relief, he should be one of the melancholy super heroes, his super power is that of a genius who can turn himself into a mindless rage monster.

ManaByte

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Shang-Chi, I think we still need to see some other more familiar Marvel superheroes get their own movies as well. The ones that come to mind are Ghost Rider, The Hulk, and Spider-Woman. Then of course there's the X-Men which I'll be really interested to see how they introduce Wolverine and the other iconic mutants into the cinematic universe.

Also, more Spider-Man movies. I don't know if eventually Venom will cross over into the Spider-Man movies but that would be really cool to see. In fact, I want more scenes of Spider-Man in the next Avengers movie.

Ghost Rider is definitely happening since they killed Jeph Loeb's Ghost Rider TV series before it started.

The Hulk is complicated with Universal.

Sony owns the most important parts of Spider-Woman.

I'm talking movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, post-Avengers, because I'm assuming we will see a new Avengers team and an even bigger threat. But at least for myself growing up reading the comics, I remember when Spider-Man visited the Avengers with Aunt May and MJ and the Avengers team consisted of Wolverine, Luke Cage (Power Man), Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel, right around the time Iron Man would head to Washington D.C. for the superhero registration act. Such a good comic book run by JMS.

Ghost Rider is definitely happening since they killed Jeph Loeb's Ghost Rider TV series before it started.

The Hulk is complicated with Universal.

Sony owns the most important parts of Spider-Woman.
Well, like I said, Disney should just buy back all of the movie rights to the characters, assuming it's possible. I'm just thinking it'd be really cool to see an awesome character like Ghost Rider fight with or alongside other superheroes. I would also love to see Red Hulk introduced as well.

ManaByte

Disney should just buy back all of the movie rights to the characters, assuming it's possible.

That's not possible. The only way to get them back realistically is to buy the companies like they did with Fox. With the case of Spider-Man Sony owns the rights in perpetuity and the only way they'd lose them would never happen.

That's not possible. The only way to get them back realistically is to buy the companies like they did with Fox. With the case of Spider-Man Sony owns the rights in perpetuity and the only way they'd lose them would never happen.
Wow, forever? For some reason I didn't think the rights extended to Spider-Woman but I guess it makes sense if they also have Venom. At least we will see the X-Men in the MCU. I hope they do more with Spider-Man after No Way Home too.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
And I don't trust Sonys live action films. Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were bad
giphy.webp

I love the MCU films but honestly so far they haven't even match any of the Sony Spider-Man films & don't care what the Marvel Fanboys & critics rate the film's, Homecoming is shiet and Far From Home is average at best.
I have high hopes for No Way Home, but that's only because it's "supposedly" bringing Sony's Spider-Man characters into the MCU.
None of the MCU Spider-Man films even touch TASM, let alone the SM1 & 2, and 3 is debatable.
Fuck it
even with it's flaws I'd rather watch TASM2 then the MCU Spider-Man's, well I might rewatch Far from Home.....maybe.

Actually I've had this conversation with you before, so I already know what ya gonna say 😂

Last edited:

ManaByte

Her tits and ass?

I'm down for more ghost rider, as long as its more like the nick cage films than agents of shield.

Marvel can use Jessica Drew as a CIA/SHIELD agent but that's it; NO SPIDER-POWERS or costume.

Sony can use Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman.

sol_bad

giphy.webp

I love the MCU films but honestly so far they haven't even match any of the Sony Spider-Man films & don't care what the Marvel Fanboys & critics rate the film's, Homecoming is shiet and Far From Home is average at best.
I have high hopes for No Way Home, but that's only because it's "supposedly" bringing Sony's Spider-Man characters into the MCU.
None of the MCU Spider-Man films even touch TASM, let alone the SM1 & 2, and 3 is debatable.
Fuck it
even with it's flaws I'd rather watch TASM2 then the MCU Spider-Man's, well I might rewatch Far from Home.....maybe.

Actually I've had this conversation with you before, so I already know what ya gonna say 😂

LOL
You're entitled to your opinion and you're allowed to love TASM. I still think Raimi Spider-Man 2 is the best Spidey movie.

And I'll be honest, it will be nice if MCU Spidey crawls from out of Tony Starkes shadow and becomes his own hero in No Way Home. Which I think will happen.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
And I'll be honest, it will be nice if MCU Spidey crawls from out of Tony Starkes shadow and becomes his own hero in No Way Home. Which I think will happen.
There's one way that'll happen
His HEART sol_bad, first we attack his heart!
gif-210517_215754bxjn6.gif

teezzy

Banned
I want to see a ghost spider solo movie and gwenom.

How many times did they reboot Spider Gwen? I'm so confused... I was collecting the floppies for a bit and then fell off and now idk what is going on

Ghost spider??? Like what??? Gwenpool?? Gwenom?!!

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I'm sure they could make the movie but they don't want to share the money with Universal. I can't think of any other reason.

Well, like I said, Disney should just buy back all of the movie rights to the characters, assuming it's possible. I'm just thinking it'd be really cool to see an awesome character like Ghost Rider fight with or alongside other superheroes. I would also love to see Red Hulk introduced as well.
Its not that easy. I don't think they can get the Spider-Man movie rights back from Sony. Sony can have them forever if they keep making movies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom