• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WE9/PES5 *PSP* info/video

Socreges

Banned
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/psp/article/635/635553/winningeleven9_psp_072105_wmvlowwide.wmv

So, good news:

Looks very good, considering. Some frames of animation have been lost and the overall quality is worse, but it really does look similar.

Controls have been tweaked. For instance, R2 side dribble is now done with the d-pad. I have no idea how that's going to work, but I trust that it'll at least be operable. It sounds like they spent a great deal of time trying to re-map the controls, so we'll see.

Link-up with the PS2 version of PES5 to exchange data including teams created on PS2. Players will then be able to use these teams against other PSP users and swap teams with them too.

Now, some bad news:

Some R2 operations are going to be removed. R1+R2 Super Cancel has been. That is confirmed. The R2 pause (where you stop the ball and face goal), the new 'controlled shot' where you press R2 after releasing square, and the step-over dribble.... they may be able to fit them in elsewhere, dunno.

No Master League. Ugh. This is an absolute requirement for me, but I'm getting the PS2 version, regardless, so it's no biggie. I suppose Konami assumed that very few people will be getting just the PSP version.

cja

Sweet animation :)

When I read the press release touting "six leagues" my pessimistic ass thought there would be no master league. Not entirely sure why Konami feel the need to take it out but the memory requirements for a fully fledged master league could be a problem for PSP. Konami could have cut it down and given us a WE7 or WE6 style ml, yet, that would make it incompatible with the console WE9/PES5 version and so bring about customer confusion for those using the connectivity.

Super-cancel is a big loss gameplay wise but is far more understandable, no-one can blame KCET for the PSPs lack of buttons. I'm sure the game will still be awesome, hell, the GBA games were a treat but its not going to be a substitute for the PS2/Xbox/PC edition.

Top Bottom