• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
We are happy to announce that the new NeoGAF update is now live! There are several new features available, so let's go over them:

New posting box:
We've updated a few of the features of the posting box and how it looks and works in general.

FKJzjH1.png

1. You can choose your thread type here. You can either start a discussion (general thread) or a poll (thread with voting options). This is pretty similar to what we have now (adding a poll to a thread) but is just laid out a bit differently and will allow us to potentially provide some interesting new options in the future.
2. The icons and formatting options have been simplified. The most used features have been made more prominent and are more easily accessible. This new system will also better scale to user's screens. For example, on a smaller screen like a phone the posting box may look like this:
cste5Fl.png

3. You can hit the three dots at the end of each menu section to see more options. The wider your screen is, the less icons will be pushed into this sub-menu.
VUn6LDt.png

4. The preview functionality will now show you a preview of your post directly inside the post box itself, saving room on the screen. You can toggle the preview on and off with the box that floats on the right hand side of the post box.

Latest threads:
You can now view the latest threads directly from the sidebar.
a6ZXMkf.png

Clicking this will take you to a list of all the newest threads

SXqmbot.png

Quick GIFs
Who doesn't love GIFs? Now you can search for and add GIFs directly into a posts - simply click the GIF button in the editor:

9L5E0Wv.png

Once you find the perfect GIF, just click on it and it will be immediately inserted into your post.

* This GIF feature is subject to break when we first roll it out, we are working with Giphy to set the correct API limits based on usage.

Is this already being discussed?
You may notice when you're making a new thread that you'll see a box asking "Is this already being discussed?". This will search for similar threads with your title and give you links to them.

RxIVJeD.png

This should help prevent people from making new threads for news that's already being discussed.