• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

Can you try marking them all as read, and see if that fixes your issue? I am still investigating this further, but it seems during the conversion some of the alerts for some users got bugged:

xzzM2jy.png
I tried that, thanks. It seems to be better now. Will keep you updated if anything changes

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Similar Threads
Do you get to the end of one thread and find yourself wanting to quickly join in on something similar? Did you open a thread and it wasn't exactly what you were looking for? Maybe you're just bored and want to surf through GAF threads like it's StumbleUpon in 2002? If so - have I got a feature for you!

SyJsfp9.png

Below the quick reply box in each thread, you'll see similar threads to consider. The above example is from the Ghost of Tsushima OT.

Ignored members are now popping up in the thread.

Before, it would look like people were talking to themselves, which was great*

Now, it comes up in a quote box with their name saying "You are ignoring this member, click to show content". I don't ignore members to be reminded of them. Is this a new feature?

* i like to play a little game of guess which NPC other members are responding to.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Minor request if I may:

At the bottom of threads, it has the "Similar Threads" section.

Any chance this could be moved underneath the button to go back out into the subforum?

Not a huge deal, but it's always handy to just click one button to go back to the subforum instead of hitting the back button(especially when you just got done reading a lengthy thread) and on mobile devices it would save a lot of swiping to see that subforum button. If it's not possible with the way the board is formatted, no big deal.

w36Y81y.jpg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Is this already being discussed?
You may notice when you're making a new thread that you'll see a box asking "Is this already being discussed?". This will search for similar threads with your title and give you links to them.

RxIVJeD.png

This should help prevent people from making new threads for news that's already being discussed.

Noice Thats Nice GIF

Drake

I was having an issue with highlighting texted in the reply box, but it looks like that's been fixed. The only issue I see right now is the notifications at the top right not working all the time, but it looks like that is a known issue.

Last edited:

geordiemp

We had to temporarily disable this functionality while we re-write it for the new site code.

So no uploading your own craig GIFs, damn. What are we going to do ?

I would have added there is no need to be upset, but no way of uploading it

Last edited:

Larxia

Cool new features, although I'm really not a fan of the blue/green icons and mostly the blue scrolling bar, it feels quite distracting / disturbing for me, but maybe I'll get used to it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Can you try marking them all as read, and see if that fixes your issue? I am still investigating this further, but it seems during the conversion some of the alerts for some users got bugged:

xzzM2jy.png
I tried this and it didn't work for me.

Even tried an incognito window (so no cookies or anything.)

Everything else is great, but I'm definitely about to Karen out over these notifications! lol jk

mortal

Gold Member
Is this already being discussed?
You may notice when you're making a new thread that you'll see a box asking "Is this already being discussed?". This will search for similar threads with your title and give you links to them.

RxIVJeD.png

This should help prevent people from making new threads for news that's already being discussed.

I like the 'similar threads' recommendations as well.

Jean Claude Van Damme Ok GIF

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
There must be a lot of bugs still.

My notification count stays as along as i dont click on the reaction or reply etc

So far all i had to do was to click on the bell saw the list and it zerod down.

Will this be changed?

I am on mobile fyi

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
not being able to upload images is a bummer...

tried posting using imgur and imgbb links, said unable to process image using the image button. just pasting the links into the message throws in url tags.

also on an ipad, thats the only way i gaf.

Last edited:

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
There must be a lot of bugs still.

My notification count stays as along as i dont click on the reaction or reply etc

So far all i had to do was to click on the bell saw the list and it zerod down.

Will this be changed?

I am on mobile fyi
Yes this is a known bug. I just pushed out the first patch for this so please re-test and report back.

Jtibh

Banned
Yes this is a known bug. I just pushed out the first patch for this so please re-test and report back.
Seems to work now but the other issue i have is you see your notification count yet when you click on the tap that takes you to messages notifications account etc there its blank so i cant tell if i got a message or someone replied or reacted to me without clicking on them.

Jtibh

Banned
Yes this is a known bug. I just pushed out the first patch for this so please re-test and
Seems to work now but the other issue i have is you see your notification count yet when you click on the tap that takes you to messages notifications account etc there its blank so i cant tell if i got a message or someone replied or reacted to me without clicking on them.
Actually i think it works now. Never mind

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Jtibh

Banned
Ok so only the reactions get taken off once you click on the notifications but everything else stays unless you click on them separate

Tschumi

I'm not sure where else to report bugs, I don't think this one is from the new update, but sometimes when writing new posts on my android i hit "enter", and i get a new line added, but the typing bracket thing stays where it was.. i have to manually scroll down the input window a bit then touch the bottom of the box before i can type on my new line..

Also if i compose a reply then copy/paste it into another reply input box thingy, all the pre-existing lines between text get doubled.. it seems to exacerbate if the reply your copying includes quotes.. don't think that's an android thing.

Palliasso Palliasso Just wanted to say that I appreciate the work you do to keep this site exciting and fresh. I'm into a lot of the increased loading speed, preview functions, thread suggestions, and more. And you have a kick ass avatar.

HOWEVER!

1. My notification bell is malfunctioning. It loads a "1" and then disappears. I'm also not getting notifications for thread replies I've posted in like before.
  2. Auto-refresh still doesn't work on Chrome. I've never gotten an explanation on this one, and it's one of my favorite features that pushed me to pay for Gold twice.

Thank you, Merry Christmas

We are working to bring this back. Unfortunately with the changes to the reply box, this will require an almost complete re-write of the functionality. Stay tuned.
Guess that answers my question above.

Shoot I really relied a lot on that especially since I'm stuck using the Internet solely on my phone. That makes everything twice as long for me than it would if I using a PC.

In the meantime are there any easy image hosting sites to use that work with GAF?

e&e

Banned
Did you guys fix the way expanding a post works on mobile? It used to not allow expanding if the person posted a link to a webpage, but will go to that said webpage when you don’t want it to. Maybe disable every touch if the box needs to be expanded.

Nice update though!

Rat Rage

Everything working well so far! Giphy integration will make it easier for people new to the "gif embedding game" ;)

Schrade