• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

Is it a bug when we win a giveaway that the code isnt there? won 3 giveaways and all say "Congratulations Snakeyes313, you won GAME from MRNOBODYS NeoGAF Giveaway. Your activation key is: Enjoy!

?

Pejo

I have been meaning to report this for a while, but since the last update, my selected text outline doesn't show up in dark mode anymore if I try to highlight part of my own post as I'm making it. I can still highlight other people's post and other text on the page, just not my own when I'm making a post. The text is still selected, I just can't see the outline of what I'm selecting, which is kinda annoying.

Anybody else have this issue?

Oh also, just general feedback, I dislike how quotes react in the new post editor when I'm trying to snip out large images from a post I'm replying to. It does that auto formatting which can easily get messed up if I hit enter where I didn't mean to.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Is it a bug when we win a giveaway that the code isnt there? won 3 giveaways and all say "Congratulations Snakeyes313, you won GAME from MRNOBODYS NeoGAF Giveaway. Your activation key is: Enjoy!

?
Keys are being delivered via the postal system. Please allow 6-8 weeks for shipping and handling.

Shmunter

If I open multiple tabs in succession some don’t load. Happens with different browsers so the site is doing something. Some kind of flood protection? A bit too aggressive if so.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Can someone explain to me how the quote function works?

When i quote a post and i answer it and i want to add another quote to it after i posted it.... how do i do it?

Do i click on quote and then go to the post i made and say insert quote?

I somehow accidentally create double post all the time lol

And how can i get out of the quote as soon as i put it into the post? I always seem stuck inside the quote window and cant add another text to it unless i post it, then click on edit and then add my own text.

Last edited:

Ivan

I must once again BEG for bigger fonts on mobile. I know that it is fixable, because many xenforo based forums have that option and it works great. Even our favourite resetera fixed it and bigger fonts now work on mobile.

But that doesn't mean anything if my favourite won't implement it :(

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm on Firefox latest so maybe its unique to FF but I have a bug where it will sometimes ignore the first line break after a youtube video embed, so if I write out a post in this format:

<text>

<more text>

then it mostly (though not 100% of the time) comes out as:

<text>

<more text>

I have to do this to have it to be formatted like the first example:

<text>

<more text>

The small amount of times when this doesn't happen I am doing the double line break out of habit and it will actually display as it should without the "hack" and I have to edit and make it look like the first example.

I can provide screenshots if thats not clear, just let me know.

edit - lol even my examples won't display correctly, I had to use my "hack", the 2nd one is supposed to have <more text> be on the line below the youtube embed link, with no line break inbetween, but no matter what I can't get it to display like that.

edit 2 - Palliasso Palliasso Sorry if you aren't the right person to ping but is it possible to fix this?

Last edited:

ksdixon

t5RuAo5.png

It cuts off the bottom of the quote box, killing the last line of text, and in this case, the video controls.

Anyone else face this issue?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The box for uploading images glitches out while being in edit mode (mobile). Can't click it.

Kuranghi

Another issue I have had recently is where I click a thread (Usually I'm opening tons at once when I first log on that day, all my notificiations, so maybe its related to loading tons of pages at once) and it has youtube videos and/or pictures in it, the youtube overlay "API" doesn't load so the video is just the thumbnail image and if I click it nothing happens, and the images aren't clickable either. I refresh the page and it usually fixes it but sometimes I have to do it multiple times.

May also be FF issue as its always had weird issues since they moved over to this "every tab is its own instance" method, which is great most of the time when one tab crashes but sometimes I get weird visual bugs like I click on a tab and the whole FF window is a solid light blue box, with no menu bar or anything.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Another issue I have had recently is where I click a thread (Usually I'm opening tons at once when I first log on that day, all my notificiations, so maybe its related to loading tons of pages at once) and it has youtube videos and/or pictures in it, the youtube overlay "API" doesn't load so the video is just the thumbnail image and if I click it nothing happens, and the images aren't clickable either. I refresh the page and it usually fixes it but sometimes I have to do it multiple times.

May also be FF issue as its always had weird issues since they moved over to this "every tab is its own instance" method, which is great most of the time when one tab crashes but sometimes I get weird visual bugs like I click on a tab and the whole FF window is a solid light blue box, with no menu bar or anything.

The Simpsons GIF

Kuranghi

On his college application:

"It was the most I ever threw up and it changed my life forever"

Man, fucking early Simpsons was the best, this gif isn't just useful for gaming lol:

we have to go back jack shephard GIF

Even just the small jokes like Otto driving the pool mobile with the back window open so when he stops suddenly all the water flies in and soaks him, so good.

This one really makes me chuckle even more now than back then since even people who should know better think like this nowadays, not just Homer Simpsons lol:

A28Lnt.gif

n.b. I really like your new avatar, Ratchel is so cool/melancholic.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Alas, you respectfully mistake me for a Simpsons connoisseur, my good sir. Although I love myself some good old fashioned Simpsons I cannot relate to your level of passion and therefore respond in kind. Yours truly, 22:22

TLDR: classic GIF seemed funny and appropriate <3

onesvenus

I'd love if pressing the back button when an image is open on mobile would close the image instead of going back a page.
You could do that easily by changing the URL when an image is opened

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
I have been meaning to report this for a while, but since the last update, my selected text outline doesn't show up in dark mode anymore if I try to highlight part of my own post as I'm making it. I can still highlight other people's post and other text on the page, just not my own when I'm making a post. The text is still selected, I just can't see the outline of what I'm selecting, which is kinda annoying.

Anybody else have this issue?
Sorry for the late response on this one but it should be fixed now. Please test it out and let me know if you're still having difficulty.

ksdixon

Can the your content list be expanded to include the reaction scores, and link to the post itself?

Atm the reactions received list truncates the messages and links to the thread's opening post.

Skyfox

I keep getting "upload failed" on gif images. And the upload images button is not visible unless I turn my phone to landscape view.

Edit: Signed in with another browser on my phone and the gif uploaded but the add image button was still only visible when I went to landscape. Firefox was the browser that kept failing for the upload and chrome was the one that uploaded successfully, but the image button was still hidden.

(Android samsung s8)

Last edited:

ksdixon

Can the your content list be expanded to include the reaction scores, and link to the post itself?

Atm the reactions received list truncates the messages and links to the thread's opening post.
Pretty please? It's murder consulting two lists depending on if you want to re-read your old posts in full and jump to that point in the thread, or see reactions. Usually, you want to do both at once.

Pejo

Notification problems actually just started happening to me a week or two ago. Before that no issues. I have to go manually uncheck each one. Not a huge deal but mildly annoying.
Yea I've been seeing this for 1-2 weeks now too.
If you click 'mark read' and confirm it. That goes away.
This is how I've been fixing it. I definitely prefer the notifications being auto marked as read though after clicking the bell - like it was before whatever changed it recently.

On Demand

Banned
Please change back alerts to how it was before. And I mean recently. Because it wasn’t like this in the last 2 weeks.

It’s annoying having to click on every thread alert to got rid of the number.

Everything should be cleared after you just click on the bell.

Tablet (Android 6.0 ver.) user here... I've tried several different browsers and I've noticed neogaf don't have "add to home screen" feature anymore.

Also, it has "open neogaf" <<<..... What the heck that is??? Any chance have that removed and replaced with above?

Thanks!

Bartski

Gold Member
I definitely prefer the notifications being auto marked as read though after clicking the bell - like it was before whatever changed it recently.
+1 to this. I don't think anyone checks all notifications they receive, now they just keep on piling up, and having to constantly mark all as read is incredibly annoying.

I reported an issue with Gold sub through the contact form a week or two ago. When you put the focus on the reply WYSIWYG it just starts carriage returns over and over automatically, it's worse if you try to quote and reply. Essentially you cannot type replies on mobile at all, it's infuriating. Android Samsung S21 Ultra and Edge browser.

There is another issue, when you go from portrait to landscape and back you're auto-scrolled to the top of the page. Kind of annoying.

Any fixes appreciated. Keep up the good work GAF devs.

ethomaz

Banned
Hello.

Something I think it is minor but it could be nice if fixed.

When you quote some post with a spoiler... the spoiler text shows in the quote as "[spoiler@]text you should not read[/spoiler@].
That breaks the point to have a Spoiler tag if when you quote the user you get spoiled :D

Thanks.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Small, but when you "click to expand" line in someone's message and there's a link in it, pressing click to expand takes you to the external link, not expand the person's message box.

Top Bottom