• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to The Steam Summer Sale! Live from June 23rd to July 7th

Jennings

Can't wait to load up on Playstation ports. I'm thinking of starting with Detroit Become Human, and then God of War. These have been on my wishlist a while but playing on the PC hasn't been convenient lately.

Last edited:

Fahdis

I've made it a ritual to buy a franchise outright every Steam Sale and some other games for $100, but that's all I intend to spend.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Haven't cared about the sale since they changed it.

Now sales are boring and the good games are hidden. Before with the flash sales all kinds of games went into the spotlight.

Now steam wants to let me search their whole catalogue for something I maybe want instead of them showing it to me.

Aure

Banned
I will probably be underwhelmed, as per usual. Still, i'm looking forward to it.
Would love a nice discount on Mafia Remate, God Of War, Heavy Rain, Beyond and Detroid, i want to replay these last three games again.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Key sellers may have better prices but you can’t use Microsoft Rewards to score the games for free.

You can do that with Steam.

Fahdis

Nice. What will be your chosen set this time around?

I'm thinking of buying the Dark Souls series and since Ninja Gaiden is already in a collection, that as well. I think this year I'll buy DLC for all the games I'm missing them for instead of buying outside of the games I've already mentioned 😇. Although I am American, I have dual citizenship with Pakistan, so games for me are literally quarter the price of what Americans pay.

T-Cake

Key sellers may have better prices but you can’t use Microsoft Rewards to score the games for free.

You can do that with Steam.

Is that an American thing only? I don't see an option to exchange for Steam in the UK or else I'd be all over it!

spons

Gold Member
These sales aren't even good anymore. Check something like gg.deals or another website if you value your money. That's basically steam sales 24/7. Make sure to switch off key stores on that site though, and stick with official resellers.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Is that an American thing only? I don't see an option to exchange for Steam in the UK or else I'd be all over it!

You need to redeem for a digital Amazon card.
Then you redeem for a GameStop card, which I’m guessing are US only. Not sure what stores are available to you that sell Steam cards, but that’s the path.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Kinda scared since there are 82 games on my wishlist.

If anyone wants to warm up, the gog discount on Panzer Dragoon is an immoral 90%.

Cool! Always wanted to try those games... are the remakes a good entry point? Somehow I feel I should play the Saturn games first, they look pretty cool with their atmosphere, which I'm not sure the remake is able to replicate.

CuNi

I really wish KH was on steam

I wish so too, but if they keep the same price policy as with FF7 Remake then honestly, they might as well skip it.

I mean look at it. How generous of them to offer it to us for 57€ instead of 80€....
zCArXm3.png

kekw-kek.gif

Wildebeest

Kinda scared since there are 82 games on my wishlist.

Cool! Always wanted to try those games... are the remakes a good entry point? Somehow I feel I should play the Saturn games first, they look pretty cool with their atmosphere, which I'm not sure the remake is able to replicate.
I'm not your dad so do what you want. The remake works fine on PC, and you've had 25 years to play the Saturn version, so you can't be that keen on playing the fully authentic original. This is the only remake that is out, I think, so you could see it as a demo to see if you want to go deeper. Or you could just play Rez Infinite instead, since Rez is basically a smoother Panzer Dragoon experience.

Most of my wishlist is indie games and AA games from a few years back, the kinds that tend to see the steepest discounts, so I am hoping I'll be able to clean up this year.
Yeah, in my experience I'm always finding really great deals on Steam - both in and out of traditional sale periods. But I buy/play lots of "off the beaten path" games. Most people complaining must have really narrow taste in games imho.

Pejo

Man, in getting ready for this sale, I'm coming to realize that it might be time to clean up my wishlist. There are a LOT of games on there now that I wouldn't buy anymore, things I wishlisted since like 2013 that I still haven't bought, etc. I might be a litlte too liberal with that "add to wishlist" button.

Pejo

Bros, I miss daily deals like you wouldn't believe....

This badge shit is usually just a lot of work for not much payoff. I realize that the refund system pretty much killed any daily/flash sales, but Steam sales just aren't the same as they used to be. I don't think gaben.tv even works anymore.

Is this what getting old feels like...

Top Bottom