• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to The Steam Summer Sale! Live from June 23rd to July 7th

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Bros, I miss daily deals like you wouldn't believe....

This badge shit is usually just a lot of work for not much payoff. I realize that the refund system pretty much killed any daily/flash sales, but Steam sales just aren't the same as they used to be. I don't think gaben.tv even works anymore.

Is this what getting old feels like...

Yea the hype is completely gone from steam sales for me. I’ll give my wishlist a once over when the sale starts and maybe pick up a few things but it just isn’t the same.

Tomi

all this steam summer sale stuff is almost always more expensive than some key sites.

I never actually bought a game off steam because i always find a more cheap option so i cant catch excitement some of you guys have

Pejo

Boys, when the end comes, only people with a steam account above a certain level will be saved. Stop complaining and start saving.
Save me Gaben!

8qgDo19.jpg

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Haven't cared about the sale since they changed it.

Now sales are boring and the good games are hidden. Before with the flash sales all kinds of games went into the spotlight.

Now steam wants to let me search their whole catalogue for something I maybe want instead of them showing it to me.
You don't have a wishlist?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You don't have a wishlist?
No. I don't want to check all the steam games to see what I want.

I want the store to show me interesting stuff.

I really hate the idea of wishlist.

Going into the local market.

"hey we have a sale"
"oh really, great, what are the sales?"
"fuck you go find it yourself"

The_Mike

True true. Real gamers only have hate lists, don't care lists, and worthless indie trash lists.
If that makes you happy then sure.

Not caring about a wish list doesn't mean you have a hate list. The problem is having a list in the first place.

You guys are literally crazy for supporting this nonsense.

It's the only store that doesn't want to get you potential interesting offers, and wants you to actively find some random games you may or may not know.

I can go on psn and see games on current sale. Same on xbox and switch.

Hell, even epic games tells me what they have on sale.

On steam i have to actively find the sales of games you may or may not know.

I've bought flashbsale games I've never heard of before because I got suggested some games I never heard of.

Now I'm expected to queue through all their games because steam is too lazy to have a proper sale since the last one that included flash sale.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Bros, I miss daily deals like you wouldn't believe....

This badge shit is usually just a lot of work for not much payoff. I realize that the refund system pretty much killed any daily/flash sales, but Steam sales just aren't the same as they used to be. I don't think gaben.tv even works anymore.

Is this what getting old feels like...

Sounds like a man that need more copies of Skyrim

VN1X

Banned
230 games on my wishlist and this is after removing a bunch I realized I'll never play anyway.

Bring it on Gabe.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Not sure yet if I'll buy much this year. With FFVII Remake and still needing to finish the second half of Elden Ring, I've got enough gaming to get me through fall. I will be on the lookout for good puzzle games.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Guys, are you sure your money is reaching the devs when buying keys from those kinda sites?

I sometimes buy from them, specially from instant-gaming, but I worry about the devs not seeing any money from it.

VN1X

Banned
Guys, are you sure your money is reaching the devs when buying keys from those kinda sites?

I sometimes buy from them, specially from instant-gaming, but I worry about the devs not seeing any money from it.
Well the beauty on GGdeals is that you can see exactly which sites are shady and which are official resellers.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A bit of a wild west. You are probably thinking of stories about people buying games with stolen credit cards and selling the keys.
Well, not particulary that, but sometimes I see such awesome deals that I just can wonder were do they come from.

Mr Branding

One of the most overhyped games in history.

You have to have some sort of nostalgia trip for this since it has aged so bad.
Dude, what’s with all the negativity jabs? Sure, the game aged but it’s still a fun romp, finished it 4 times so far and the combat was way above every other rpg at the time of release. I’d say it still is but w/e.

TintoConCasera

Steam takes a 30% cut on store sales, but not on key activations. Not impossible for others to undercut and still make an honest profit.
Oh my! Then it makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

The_Mike

Dude, what’s with all the negativity jabs? Sure, the game aged but it’s still a fun romp, finished it 4 times so far and the combat was way above every other rpg at the time of release. I’d say it still is but w/e.
I bought it a few years ago because I was told in here how great it was.

It felt like a game from 1999.you get tossed into the game without any understanding about it. I remember the main city was a hell to find stuff in. A big ghost town with a few options in it.

Mobs respawn again and combat is very clunky.

VN1X

Banned
If that makes you happy then sure.

Not caring about a wish list doesn't mean you have a hate list. The problem is having a list in the first place.

You guys are literally crazy for supporting this nonsense.

It's the only store that doesn't want to get you potential interesting offers, and wants you to actively find some random games you may or may not know.

I can go on psn and see games on current sale. Same on xbox and switch.

Hell, even epic games tells me what they have on sale.

On steam i have to actively find the sales of games you may or may not know.

I've bought flashbsale games I've never heard of before because I got suggested some games I never heard of.

Now I'm expected to queue through all their games because steam is too lazy to have a proper sale since the last one that included flash sale.
What are you even on about?

You can have a wishlist of games you'd like to play and see if they are discounted. If not then you can use discovery queues or the store algorithm that shows you games based on the ones you've already played. Honestly, if you're looking for new shit to play then Steam Discovery's features are second to none lol.

And we "are literally crazy"? Right. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TintoConCasera

It felt like a game from 1999.you get tossed into the game without any understanding about it. I remember the main city was a hell to find stuff in. A big ghost town with a few options in it.

Yeah, fuck discovering things on your own, am I right.

Like dude, the game is pretty simple compared to most RPGs, and Gran Soren is kinda small (so long as you don't get lost on the walls/rooftops) and has icons on the map for every place of interest.

The combat I guess must be something subjective, as for me is the best of any ARPG. Feels like a beat'em'up, with lots of options and mechanics like climbing, and also great feedback that makes hitting things very satisfying.
Mobs respawning didn't bother me at all, but I understand how it could bother you since you didn't like the combat in the first place.

Game has it's flaws ofc, but none of the things you posted are true imo.

SOME-MIST

all this steam summer sale stuff is almost always more expensive than some key sites.

I never actually bought a game off steam because i always find a more cheap option so i cant catch excitement some of you guys have
Please find me a key for no limits 2. I will shower you with love

Mr Branding

Doubt you really played a game from ‘99

The_Mike

What are you even on about?

You can have a wishlist of games you'd like to play and see if they are discounted. If not then you can use discovery queues or the store algorithm that shows you games based on the ones you've already played. Honestly, if you're looking for new shit to play then Steam Discovery's features are second to none lol.

And we "are literally crazy"? Right. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm just not a fan of the discovery. I want to just see a list on the front store to see if there's something exciting.

So I guess literally any other game client than steam is for me,since steam is the only one hiding their sales games.

Top Bottom