• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to The Steam Summer Sale! Live from June 23rd to July 7th

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Doubt you really played a game from ‘99
Hexen series
Lands of lore
Oddworld
Duke nukem 1,2 and 3
A lot of commodore 64 games I can't remember since I'm 35
Doom
Grim fandango
Lesuire suit Larry
Doom

I could go on.

hidaaan

Neo Member
I wish so too, but if they keep the same price policy as with FF7 Remake then honestly, they might as well skip it.

I mean look at it. How generous of them to offer it to us for 57€ instead of 80€....
zCArXm3.png
SE did a publisher sale on Epic Games last month, it made the KH prices a lot more enticing.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I bought it a few years ago because I was told in here how great it was.

It felt like a game from 1999.you get tossed into the game without any understanding about it. I remember the main city was a hell to find stuff in. A big ghost town with a few options in it.

Mobs respawn again and combat is very clunky.

You literally are told exactly what happens and are slowly eased into exploration. Talk to NPCs, start killing rats, bats, and doing smaller scale side quests. Slowly you move forward fighting bigger and tougher enemies.

If you struggled to understand what the game was telling you, then that is on *you* and your rather poor critical thinking skills. Not the game.

VN1X

Banned
I'm just not a fan of the discovery. I want to just see a list on the front store to see if there's something exciting.

So I guess literally any other game client than steam is for me,since steam is the only one hiding their sales games.
You want to see a list of "something exciting" and then go on to say that "Steam is hiding their sales games" during a sale. I apologize for this ad hominem but: you are mental. I don't even know where to begin. Anyway I'll nip this in the bud right away, you can have the last word after this post.

I'll enjoy the sale, as I've done for many years, by just opening up the front page and scrolling down to the list of exciting games that are on sale or by using my own wishlist with exciting games as well.

Last edited:

The_Mike

You literally are told exactly what happens and are slowly eased into exploration. Talk to NPCs, start killing rats, bats, and doing smaller scale side quests. Slowly you move forward fighting bigger and tougher enemies.

If you struggled to understand what the game was telling you, then that is on *you* and your rather poor critical thinking skills. Not the game.
It wasn't the combat experience I found complicated. It was clunky but basic.

What I remember, and it's years since I played it, was that I had trouble figuring out what to do at times. You were told what to do, but I remember googling a lot to find certain npcs, or actually do different things in the game.

Combat wise the game was nothing special. And the world feels incredibly small because of the instanced way the world works

Seriously, that is my personal opinion. My opinion is the game is overrated. How can a subjective opinion be wrong because some people is offended by it?

The world is round. Its a fact.

Liking a game or not is subjective, and there's no right or wrong answer.

Even though people tend to forget that.

The_Mike

You want to see a list of "something exciting" and then go on to say that "Steam is hiding their sales games" during a sale. I apologize for this ad hominem but: you are mental. I don't even know where to begin. Anyway I'll nip this in the bud right away, you can have the last word after this post.

I'll enjoy the sale, as I've done for many years, by just opening up the front page and scrolling down to the list of exciting games that are on sale or by using my own wishlist with exciting games as well.
I know about all the big blockbusters, I would like to see interesting titles I may not know about. Flash sales changed every 4 or so hours on the store page, revealing a lot of games that's not usually in the spotlight.

You can't prove my personal opinion is wrong, since it's not a fact even though some in here thinks theirs opinions are facts.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Yes, so long as those subjective opinions make sense and are correctly articulated.

Stepping in just to say "it feels like a game from 1999" isn't an opinion, it's just bullshit.

Anyway, sorry you didn't enjoyed the game. Have you considered giving it another chance? For me, it didn't really clicked until my second playthough.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don’t think impulse buying is wise I don’t believe in stacking games overall looking at the sale steam sales definitely shrank a bit.

The_Mike

Yes, so long as those subjective opinions make sense and are correctly articulated.

Stepping in just to say "it feels like a game from 1999" isn't an opinion, it's just bullshit.

Anyway, sorry you didn't enjoyed the game. Have you considered giving it another chance? For me, it didn't really clicked until my second playthough.
I tried it when it was free with psplus, and tried it when it was with humble bundle.

It just wasn't for me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It wasn't the combat experience I found complicated. It was clunky but basic.

What I remember, and it's years since I played it, was that I had trouble figuring out what to do at times. You were told what to do, but I remember googling a lot to find certain npcs, or actually do different things in the game.

Combat wise the game was nothing special. And the world feels incredibly small because of the instanced way the world works

Seriously, that is my personal opinion. My opinion is the game is overrated. How can a subjective opinion be wrong because some people is offended by it?

The world is round. Its a fact.

You are correct that enjoying games is subjective. However you literally stated a fallacy about the game. “It felt like a game from 1999.you get tossed into the game without any understanding about it.” Which simply isn’t true. It would be like me saying that Halo Infinite tosses you into the deep end without telling you how to use a grappling hook. Which, for anyone who has actually played tbe game is utterly untrue. Regardless of if I liked or disliked the game, I would be making a fool out of myself for saying such.

VN1X

Banned
I know about all the big blockbusters, I would like to see interesting titles I may not know about. Flash sales changed every 4 or so hours on the store page, revealing a lot of games that's not usually in the spotlight.

You can't prove my personal opinion is wrong, since it's not a fact even though some in here thinks theirs opinions are facts.
Sorry, and this is more of a general response to the "personal opinion" bit you've thrown out there as I often see people use it in discussions like this, but: It's not the gotcha or well thought out point you think it is. Your personal opinion might be that the sky is green and the grass is blue like DBZ but that doesn't mean it holds any basis in reality. You adding the caveat of "yeah but it's my personal opinion" doesn't magically make it so people can't prove you wrong.

Again this is more of a general forum thing rather than something specifically aimed at you. Carry on. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I tried it when it was free with psplus, and tried it when it was with humble bundle.

It just wasn't for me.
Nothing wrong with that! Glad you gave it a fair try, most people aren't even capable of that when it comes to judging games.

CuNi

SE did a publisher sale on Epic Games last month, it made the KH prices a lot more enticing.

I loved the Series on console (and emulator before the HD versions released).
It's my personal choice to not buy on other stores besides Steam and I won't judge anyone who does buy there.
But I still feel a little bit insulted that they release a game on Steam, "offer" a "generous" release-sale discount so the price floats around 60€, while the game is already 2 years old and not even a first-time PC release.
And on top of that, the OG price is insane. I don't think I ever saw a game ask 80€ on Steam without it being something like a digital deluxe edition. It's just sale-suicide. Most people that were dying to play it on PC most likely got it on EGS, spare for the few "steam fanboys" like me, but most likely they won't be willing to fork out 60€ for that either. It should've been 40€ from the start.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Probably going to pick up a few thins for my Steam Deck. Imagine I am not alone in that thinking!
Definitely not alone, I'm thinking the exact same thing.

In fact, this is pretty much the page I'll be using to browse the sale

TVexperto

Definitely not alone, I'm thinking the exact same thing.

In fact, this is pretty much the page I'll be using to browse the sale

i wouldnt use that, its useless. there many unverified or "not working on deck" games that actually work on deck.

go to https://www.protondb.com/ and connect your steam account and you can see all the games in your library that run great on deck

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i wouldnt use that, its useless. there many unverified or "not working on deck" games that actually work on deck.

go to https://www.protondb.com/ and connect your steam account and you can see all the games in your library that run great on deck
I mean, I already have about 4,500 games on Steam and about 1,000 of those already show up ready to be installed on the Deck.

Part of the reason I love the Deck is that I don't have to fuck with stuff to get it working. I've definitely browsed the ProtonDB and found a few games that worked fine that weren't marked as Playable on Steam, but I've also found games that are "playable" according to the ProtonDB (over 2,500 games in my library) that you have to boot into the desktop mode and fiddle with files or load specific versions of Proton.

If there's a game I really wanna play then I'm willing to jump through a few hoops to get it working on my hardware of choice. Otherwise, I just like to browse around to see what's got the least amount of friction. To each their own.

Hugare

Big oof

Nothing interesting, imo

All of my wishlist is still pretty pricey

Maybe prices werent updated yet?

TintoConCasera

n7lr9C1.png

Any feedback? Don't think I'll pick anything else, not enough cool discounts.

TintoConCasera

Blasphemous is great, and at a great price too

The rest I havent played, but 50% off for the majority is meh
Yeah... shitty discounts, but if this is the new normal for Steam's sales, I guess I'd just settle for a 50% on those.

TintoConCasera

Get Crosscode and Blasphemous.
Crosscode feels like a long lost Saturn action RPG.
Oh, I'm pretty sure on those two! They both look great and I've seen a lot of praise here on GAF.

You have Panzer Dragoon: Remake on GOG for like 2 Euros.
I'm one of those sick people that wouldn't mind paying a bit more for having it on Steam. I know, makes no sense and I'm ashamed of my deeds, but this is how it is. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Thanks anyway for letting me know tho. :)

If you have Amazon Prime then Rain World was 'free' on that recently.
Oh, cool to know! Thanks man, that's 9€ you just saved me.

hidaaan

Neo Member
I loved the Series on console (and emulator before the HD versions released).
It's my personal choice to not buy on other stores besides Steam and I won't judge anyone who does buy there.
But I still feel a little bit insulted that they release a game on Steam, "offer" a "generous" release-sale discount so the price floats around 60€, while the game is already 2 years old and not even a first-time PC release.
And on top of that, the OG price is insane. I don't think I ever saw a game ask 80€ on Steam without it being something like a digital deluxe edition. It's just sale-suicide. Most people that were dying to play it on PC most likely got it on EGS, spare for the few "steam fanboys" like me, but most likely they won't be willing to fork out 60€ for that either. It should've been 40€ from the start.
Agreed, the pricing is more on Square Enix than Steam or Epic, considering Forspoken another Square Enix title was on pre-order for $70 on Steam and Epic. Square Enix is defintely trying to push that Sony pricing onto different platforms and not a big fan of it! However, FF7R was a game I really wanted to play and have been for a long time. So when it dropped, I did end up buying it day 1, some people justify the 70 dollar pricing as a base game + DLC type of deal, which tbh I get but even then, I think it should have been $50 at max.

The game however is beautiful, I never felt like I didn't get my money's worth, so I do have to give them that.

Nemesisuuu

Oh, I'm pretty sure on those two! They both look great and I've seen a lot of praise here on GAF.

I'm one of those sick people that wouldn't mind paying a bit more for having it on Steam. I know, makes no sense and I'm ashamed of my deeds, but this is how it is. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Thanks anyway for letting me know tho. :)

Oh, cool to know! Thanks man, that's 9€ you just saved me.
I was also like that for quite some time, Steam exclusive, so I understand you. :messenger_grinning:

BUT - if you're into retro gaming, GOG is great. You can find games which aren't on Steam like Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain for example.

amigastar

I can get 99% of games that are on sale cheaper if I buy on CDKeys, Gamivo etc... what's the point?
The point is that devs usually don't get little to any money from keysellers. But yeah i get your point.
And it can happen that your key from keysellers get banned on steam.

Last edited:
I ain't buying nothing with my backlog, PS+ Deluxe and PC Gamepass. I think games are so devalued at this point that I don't get excited about promos anymore. Steam sales use to be big thing for me.

Last edited:

Greirat

Reminder to check GG.DEALS first. They might have a better price than steam.
Bear in mind that site literally stole their design and functionality from isthereanydeal.com, including copy/pasting the exact same text in the early versions.

Holammer

Grabbing this one, it's a steal for 4€. Looks like a decent game that failed to reach an audience with so few user reviews. The Megadrive action platformer aesthetic looks authentic.

Also these two to begin with.

Top Bottom