• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to The Steam Summer Sale! Live from June 23rd to July 7th

You are gonna turn off the game after 30 sec if you really hate gow so much and it's not just an act for gaf, if that game felt too cinematic and limited, ryse is gonna make you grasp for air...it's not really a debate, more of a fact.

Unless you REALLY are into gladiator movies stuff, i guess that part is well made thanks to the graphic and digital acting and can carry you to the end, the game is also pretty short, so...
I watched a lot of gladiator movies and movies on Rome growing up, yeah. The subject is really interesting to me. Has to do with my heritage a bit I suppose.

But yeah I never had an Xbox one to play it on release, but always wanted to. I wonder if it has good 120fps support. Should be a great treat graphically.

God of war, I've said why I hated it before and these things seem to cause mod warnings and flame wars so I will leave it at that.

manfestival

I want to echo those that have recommended Monster Train. It was like the only game I bought on game pass that I played. Just loved playing that game so much that I immediately just bought it some time back. Excellent title and glad that I got to play it.

CeeJay

I want to echo those that have recommended Monster Train. It was like the only game I bought on game pass that I played. Just loved playing that game so much that I immediately just bought it some time back. Excellent title and glad that I got to play it.
I got my fill of Monster Train on Gamepass but prefer the gameplay in Slay the Spire, I just think it's more focused when you are building a single deck for one character rather than a deck full of multiple characters. I love the art style and sound in Monster Train though, way better than Slay the Spire in that regard. The art in Slay the Spire looks awful like it was done on the cheap and rushed. If Monster Train and Slay the Spire had a baby though, that could be an amazing game!

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
ric-flair.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Oooh! Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders and KUF: Heroes are 50% off! I absolutely loved those games on OG Xbox and was so disappointed that they weren't part of back compat. Well, I remember that at least Crusaders was for the 360 but didn't carry over to the XB1. I can't wait to hear the metal soundtracks again haha!

Edit: Actually the bundle is an even better deal. Sold!

Last edited:

manfestival

I got my fill of Monster Train on Gamepass but prefer the gameplay in Slay the Spire, I just think it's more focused when you are building a single deck for one character rather than a deck full of multiple characters. I love the art style and sound in Monster Train though, way better than Slay the Spire in that regard. The art in Slay the Spire looks awful like it was done on the cheap and rushed. If Monster Train and Slay the Spire had a baby though, that could be an amazing game!
Oh slay the spire is king of the mountain when it comes to those games! It has far better staying power and the game is way harder on a base level.

ruzuyu

Neo Member
Also make sure to check gg.deals, isthereanydeal or bestgameprice.net (especially check out official stores & authorized resellers). There are tons of better deals than Steam. Days Gone for example, is 50% off on Steam but there's even a cheaper deal on Fanatical etc. Save some bucks.

Steamgifts Discussions are also great way to check out some bundles. Some users voluntarily list some of the great bundles available.

Hari Seldon

It is only 25% off, but I cannot recommend Expedition: Rome strongly enough. It is a top tier End-of-the-Republic-era Roman alt-history RPG with insanely consequential choices (e.g. side with Cleopatra or her brother lol) combined with a surprisingly deep turn based tactical game. In addition to that you have light elements of a strategy layer combined with light crafting, roster management, and even simulated legion battles via a card mini game.

I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have played the other Expedition games a little bit, but this is such a huge upgrade from what I remember of those.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Got me Elex 2. Keep hearing so many good things. Going to save it for the weekend.

Anyone have all of the clues and corresponding games for the event (Clorthax's badge)?

Top Bottom