• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy’s rolling out Gouda Bacon Cheeseburger nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wendy's is legit. Prolly good. No onions for me though. Fuck onions on my sandwiches/burgers.

I like onions on burgers, but they have to be raw and crispy. Grilled/caramlized onions are a disgusting slimey mess.

The hell? Gouda is like the weakest cheese ever, I always opt for it in my burgers instead of Cheddar because I find that one too strong

... you read his post wrong. He said the cheese would be overpowered, not overpowering. As in you wouldn't taste the cheese in that burger.

Alrus

Why do people say Garlic Aioli? That's redundant, Aioli is by definition a garlic sauce, hence the name.

That burger looks good though, I wish we had Wendy's here.

spring mix greens are terrible on hot sandwiches, they just turn into stringy mush immediately as they wilt.

otherwise.. hell yeah?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Thought about getting this for a fraction of a second yesterday then just decided to go with my standard Wendy's meal a Baconator.

No matter what I get at a fast food joint it always feels like I ingested a brick about 30 minutes after eating it and I hate myself.

Thanks for the alert. Ordered one without onions and it was delicious. Fuck the baconator.
MEET ME SOMEWHERE!!

Apdiddy

If Wendy's brought back the Mushroom Swiss burger I would be very happy. Jalapeno Fresco chicken sandwich is probably their best item.

The Gouda Bacon cheesburger is ok -- the one I had wasn't too overpowering actually but it managed to not have any flavor to it despite the toppings.

And Baconator is good but Big Bacon Classic is where it's at.

If Wendy's brought back the Mushroom Swiss burger I would be very happy. Jalapeno Fresco chicken sandwich is probably their best item.

The Gouda Bacon cheesburger is ok -- the one I had wasn't too overpowering actually but it managed to not have any flavor to it despite the toppings.

And Baconator is good but Big Bacon Classic is where it's at.

6a00e5538de17788340120a59409a5970b-320wi.jpg

Yep, this was my fast food choice when I was in college.

I quit going there when they discontinued it. I can't be bothered to try to recreate it by adding bacon to other burgers. Baconator is just meat. Plus their fries aren't that good anymore.

ScribbleD

Thought about getting this for a fraction of a second yesterday then just decided to go with my standard Wendy's meal a Baconator.

No matter what I get at a fast food joint it always feels like I ingested a brick about 30 minutes after eating it and I hate myself.

MEET ME SOMEWHERE!!

It's true, though. This burger shits on the baconator from great heights.

GavinGT

Banned
I had this today. It tastes like they took a delicious Wendy's bacon cheeseburger and then slathered it with Caesar dressing for no reason.

ColdPizza

Banned
I just had one...here's my thoughts.

It's a tasty burger, but I didn't really taste any gouda....just the garlic aioli.

I think they made a mistake with the spring mix and should have just used romaine or iceberg. The aioli made the spring mix too slick so the burger bun was sliding all over the place and made for a messy yet tasty meal.

D-Pad

Pretzel buns are lunacy and should be banned from burgerdom everywhere. Fuck outta here. Brioche buns yes! Potato buns yes! Egg buns yes! Regular ass white bread for burgers yes!

wha- no! Pretzel buns are top tier sandwich ends. That said I was never impressed with wendy's pretzel rolls when they had them. Walmart bakery had some damn good ones, I should go get some more.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I had one yesterday as well, it was alright but I still prefer the spicy chicken to anything else from there.

This problem is absolutely related to eating a Baconator, "Diet Rob".

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Has anyone ever felt enough shame in ordering two burgers in one order that you order an extra small drink to make the people at the drive-thru think you're ordering for two people? :( I hate special menus like this for that reason.

bryehn

Has anyone ever felt enough shame in ordering two burgers in one order that you order an extra small drink to make the people at the drive-thru think you're ordering for two people? :( I hate special menus like this for that reason.

Go inside the Wendy's and look at the customers, you'll feel better about yourself.

Why do people say Garlic Aioli? That's redundant, Aioli is by definition a garlic sauce, hence the name.

That burger looks good though, I wish we had Wendy's here.

Uh...no it's a mayo-based (with oil and lemon juice) sauce often infused with flavour. Garlic is simply the most common.

Alrus

Uh...no it's a mayo-based (with oil and lemon juice) sauce often infused with flavour. Garlic is simply the most common.

Must be an american thing then, in Europe aioli is clearly a garlic and olive sauce. Ail = Garlic and Oli = oil.

Gonzalez

Banned
Welcome to Gouda Burger, home of the Gouda Burger. Can I take your order?

There, I made you an ad campaign that appeals to millenials, Wendy's. Now pay me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom