• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We've All Been Duped by LED LCD's Input Lag vs OLED for Gaming - Here's the Truth

playXray

I kinda wonder what CRTs would be like if they were being constantly improved for the past 15 years. They were heavy and bulky as fuck, but I gotta believe they could have figured out ways to make the leaded glass weigh less. Then again, given the need for a vacuum and all that maybe it really is just part of the design and could never be significantly improved.
They’d be fucking massive by now! Imagine a 65” CRT hanging on your wall :)

OLED is flawed in that it has a limited lifespan which is greatly reduced if you abuse it. My CX is a year old and used 100% for gaming and nothing on the test patterns yet but it is degrading slowly every day that's just the nature of the tech.

LED is flawed in that even the best have issues with the picture that I personally can't tolerate. I'm not sure how people can live with local dimming and smearing and ghosting especially for gaming but people do and 95% probably don't even notice it.

If you have disposible income buy an OLED and enjoy the best picture quality. If you don't buy a LED and keep it as long as you can in the hope that some better tech comes along.

To me it's like worrying about the fan on my GPU dying. It 100% will at some point but the card will be long gone from my PC by the time that happens and the same with TVs. I appreciate other people have different priorities or less disposible income and LED is pretty bulletproof so is the best workhorse TV for sure.

Vick

Plasma was dim, and I remember people mentioning that it wouldn’t basically be possible to make them bigger than they got in their final years, and possibly something about the resolution not being upgradable beyond 1080p.
You've been fed straight bullshit.

The reason they're not around anymore is that they costed an awful lot of money and resources to produce and, simply put, lost the war against the much cheaper-in-any-way LEDs which were able to easily impress the uneducated customers with their (wrong) colors and (excessive) brightness in shopping centres.
They were also n°1 enemy of ECO maniacs.

60fps on a CRT and a Panasonic plasma is VERY visibly different from 60fps on a OLED in terms of perceived smoothness and clarity.
FTFY.

I have both a Kuro KRP-500M and a Panasonic VT50, and 60fps on the Panasonic are just unparalleled, you combine the motion of CRT and its complete absence of motion blur with reference image quality on every imaginable parameter.
The results are as mindblowing today as they were when they launched and it honestly just makes you bitter and angry at this awful industry.

Moral of the story, i'll never get used to OLED motion, let alone LCD's, and would resort to buying used late Panasonic plasma till a new technology comes around.

Last edited:

MadViking

Yes, I have an LG CX and even if it has the best image quality I've seen, 30fps and 24hz movies feels worse than in me last Sony Led TV.
I just tried couple 30 fps games on c1 and honestly don't understand how it is an issue. If anything, it looks a little better without the annoying ghosting of LCD panels.

Whitecrow

Banned
The best thing to buy is some acknowledgment of everything has its flaws and everything have something positive.

The worst thing that can happen to a display is the burn-in. Everything else is just little imperfections.

Stop chasing perfection and you will be good to go with anything, or else you'll be screwed.

GrayFoxPL

Best were CRTs. I remember there were no lag issues, no brightens issues, no burn in issues.

Now? I don't wanna think about it. Even when I am extremely annoyed with my Bravia and upper screen being dimmed issue. I have enough headache.

CRT....

homer simpson episode 3 GIF

Last edited:

TonyK

I just tried couple 30 fps games on c1 and honestly don't understand how it is an issue. If anything, it looks a little better without the annoying ghosting of LCD panels.
I suppose it depends of the Led TV you come from before oled.

A.Romero

Depends on what u consider extreme.

Watching 600 hours of tv a year is extreme for me, for somebody else it could be done in a month or two already. My oled tv basically only gets used for what 100 hours a year at best. However my monitor for my PC is on 21 hours a day, with probably 12 of that actually displaying something then a black screen. These oled screens will burn in hard as even that guy in that video has burn in after 800 hours and pc is riddled with static screens which is what linus shows on his video is something i 100% expect to happen.

Oled is great, if you don't use it much, or use it limited, or got money enough to drop a new screen in once in a while.

But the main issue currently for PC oled has

1) burn in
2) price ( 1k+ starting is way to high )
3) size ( way to big for desks )
4) to high resolution ( 4k not much people care for )
5) low hz ( higher hz is probably faster burn in )

Oled needs some serious tooling to be considered useful in the PC space that is.

Its not only 600 hours. It's 600 hours of the same content, played in a pattern.

I agree, though. Not ideal for a PC monitor. There is no match for LCD for that use case.

For general gaming, if FIFA didn't burn in the score panels, I think most games will be fine.

I just got an OLED so I'm hoping it will last. The image is exceptional.

ethomaz

Banned

The reason they're not around anymore is that they costed an awful lot of money and resources to produce and, simply put, lost the war against the much cheaper-in-any-way LEDs which were able to easily impress the uneducated customers with their (wrong) colors and (excessive) brightness in shopping centres.

FTFY.

I have both a Kuro KRP-500M and a Panasonic VT50, and 60fps on the Panasonic are just unparalled, you combine the motion of CRT and its complete absence of motion blur with reference image quality on every imaginable parameter.
The results are as mindblowing today as they were when they launched and it honestly just makes you bitter and angry at this awful industry.

Moral of the story, i'll never get used to OLED motion, let alone LCD's, and would resort to buying used late Panasonic plasma till a new technology comes around.

I can say something similar here.

I had a Samsung D8000 (if I'm not wrong the concurrent of VT50 at time) and I miss that PLASMA even with the OLED now.
Both (OLED and PLASMA) are so superior to LCD in all aspect of my use... I know LCD has some advantages but probably it is not something that affect me.

OLED was the first time a TV reached the same level of PLASMA quality for me but the PLASMA still feels more responsible.

Vick

I can say something similar here.

I had a Samsung D8000 (if I'm not wrong the concurrent of VT50 at time) and I miss that PLASMA even with the OLED now.
Both (OLED and PLASMA) are so superior to LCD in all aspect of my use... I know LCD has some advantages but probably it is not something that affect me.

OLED was the first time a TV reached the same level of PLASMA quality for me but the PLASMA still feels more responsible.
I have had and calibrated the very same D8000 you owned, bought a couple of years after the VT20.
Out of the box mine was a pure disaster (in comparison to Kuro and Pana), almost looked like an LCD and even once calibrated i couldn't get a satisfying enough gamut and dynamic. After a couple of weeks it started to show uniformity issues, and considering i also never liked it aesthetically i gave it to my parents and got the VT50.
Never bough nor recommended a Samsung product ever since.

GymWolf

Or just buy OLED and use it like you want without overthink about these useless dicussion.
That is what I did and so far no burn-in.

You can use OLED as PC monitor.
I used oled tv as pc monitor for the last 6+ years, i was just noticing the irony in this topic.

ethomaz

Banned
I have had and calibrated the very same D8000 you owned, bought a couple of years after the VT20.
Out of the box mine was a pure disaster (in comparison to Kuro and Pana), almost looked like an LCD and even once calibrated i couldn't get a satisfying enough gamut and dynamic. After a couple of weeks it started to show uniformity issues, and considering i also never liked it aesthetically i gave it to my parents and got the VT50.
Never bough nor recommended a Samsung product ever since.
To be fair I wanted to buy a Panasonic but I got really good deal with that Smasung... near half the price I had to pay with VT30 I believe.
And looking at the reviewers most said it was a close battle... it was befofre the VT50.
So I brought it for my PS3 and it lived all the PS4 gen... just now I had to buy a new TV :D

Last edited:

MikeM

FTFY.

I have both a Kuro KRP-500M and a Panasonic VT50, and 60fps on the Panasonic are just unparalled, you combine the motion of CRT and its complete absence of motion blur with reference image quality on every imaginable parameter.

Truth. I had a VT50 (and still own a ST50 for normal TV/sports) and the picture quality and motion handling is by far the best. I currently have a X900H and while its better with HDR, 4k, HDMI 2.1 etc for Ps5/Series X, deep down I wish there still were plasma TVs for 4k. They would be so damn good at everything.

SkylineRKR

We've all been fucked.

CRT was obviously perfect. Its still the de-facto way to play retro. But, CRT probably lasted too long, and admittedly those TVs did take a lot of space. But we didn't know better and it was fine to have your TV on a table or stand with more depth. Hanging your flat panel TV on the wall today, I guess its a nice evolution. But anyway, those fucking 00's era LCD they forcefeeded upon us (by not stocking CRT anymore, 360 and PS3 being CRT unfriendly... remember reading text in Dead Rising?) were gutter trash. They are FAR worse than CRT TV for nearly everything. Even broadcasts were considerably worse at the time on those things. I bought one for nearly 1000 bucks, and it was a shitty 27 inch Samsung with awful ghosting, horrible black levels, bad viewing angle, input lag (did have Game mode which muted the picture) and all the issues CRT... didn't have? Why the fuck did I buy this shit, to be able to play PS3 games at 600p lol.

Fast forward, 2009 I went Plasma. Panasonic G10. It was a piece of work. I think Plasma was closest to CRT, but it still had about 20ms of input lag I think. Plasma finally convinced me flat panels were better. But Plasma had its own issues. I replaced it with a V20 just a year later because I moved and that one held out for nearly a decade though. Around that time, I think Plasma had evolved to something nearly perfect and durable.

Then Plasma had to go. Because higher energy consumption (was that even true?), because too dim (lol no, but it looked more lifelike), because fuck know why but they forcefeeded us LED. And guess what? I wanted 4K, and my Plasma was at the end of the line. I bought a fucking KS9000. At first I was happy with it, but back were the awful viewing angles, black levels that didn't feel right, judder (typically during sports games, every 15 mins or so a huge judder for a second or 2). And Samsungs awful support on top. I didn't like it.

After 4 years I sold it and bought a LG CX. I have to say OLED is closest to Plasma. But bar 4k, 120hz and all that, I don't know if its really better. My Plasma was from 2010 and topped out at 1080p. I _think_ if you factor in a decade of evolution, the Plasma was further ahead. It doesn't really look worse. Its more like, OLED managed to reach Plasma quality. Thats how I see it. My 2016 manufactured KS was certainly not as impressive as my old Plasma.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
I remember the Kuro from the good old days, I even saw one from a guy who was an enthusiast with these products. Since I barely remember the quality, I wonder if it still holds up in terms of blackness.

C1 is not overall better than A80j, both has pros and cons. Of coz LG destroys sony in gaming department, Sony destroys LG in Image quality. Currently XR chips are the best Image processors for handling HDR and upscaling. With the Reality Creation(Super resolution processing in Sony tvs) enabled in game mode, those with lower native resolution can look sharp and have more details.
There are a few problems I have with A80J. Despite the Sony having much smoother gradients, the LG C1 is better overall. Not just the C1, but past Sony oleds. You name it ; A8G, A9G, A8h etc.

Most importantly, there is more base judder on this year's Sony sets, to a significant degree when compared to prior year sets. I've tested this, and some on YouTube have as well. When playing games, where you can't use interpolation to help, it's esp. bad. I I've used Sony tvs with all their different processors and I immediately noticed a problem on A80J.

Secondly, the upscaling is too heavy handed and over sharpened at the base level on XR chip tvs, and the AI processing can pick and choose what picture elements to enhance or de emphasise, leading to again an artificial and non pristine image when compared with the original intended image.

XR is a step back in everything but hdr highlight enhancement, and Sony needs to get their head out of their ass! They are so much better than what they were this year.

Mister Wolf

C7 is old. New models have anti burn in tech. You were an early adopter and you got burned. Move along.

Bullshit. You look at the rtings reviews for the later models and its the same risk for burn in as it ever was. Pixel shift and logo dimming is nothing new and if they had some real breakthrough the C1 wouldn't be getting a 2.0 out of 10 for burn in risk.

Last edited:

Zenaku

You are not, I've got it on my B7.
Did not stop me from buying C1.
And I'll still buy another in 1-2 years. I'm not saying people shouldn't go OLED or that burn-in will happen for everyone eventually, I'm merely speaking against the narrative that burn-in is a thing of the past, or that people don't have to worry.

Some people are claiming burn-in can only happen in extreme cases, but one of the icons burned into my screen is the gambit 'G' icon from Final Fantasy 12 remaster.

I checked through my screenshots to work out when I started playing and when I finished; I started on the 20th Oct 2020, finished on 16th Nov 2020. Just under a month of playing, for a total of 52.9hrs. If that's a case of extreme gaming, than I'd like to know what isn't.

I have burn in from games that I can understand though; character icons on the right side of the screen from 3-400 hours of Genshin Impact, a few desktop icons I forgot to hide, some UI menu buttons in other games I play quite a lot, and some random stuff that again is likely from games or programs I use. Can't complain about that crap. When I do get a new TV I'll probably keep my C7 for the games that don't let you hide or alter the UI.

I was unlucky with my panel, plain and simple. And that's something I'll be keeping in mind for the future.

Soodanim

Gold Member
We've all been fucked.

CRT was obviously perfect. Its still the de-facto way to play retro. But, CRT probably lasted too long, and admittedly those TVs did take a lot of space. But we didn't know better and it was fine to have your TV on a table or stand with more depth. Hanging your flat panel TV on the wall today, I guess its a nice evolution. But anyway, those fucking 00's era LCD they forcefeeded upon us (by not stocking CRT anymore, 360 and PS3 being CRT unfriendly... remember reading text in Dead Rising?) were gutter trash. They are FAR worse than CRT TV for nearly everything. Even broadcasts were considerably worse at the time on those things. I bought one for nearly 1000 bucks, and it was a shitty 27 inch Samsung with awful ghosting, horrible black levels, bad viewing angle, input lag (did have Game mode which muted the picture) and all the issues CRT... didn't have? Why the fuck did I buy this shit, to be able to play PS3 games at 600p lol.

Fast forward, 2009 I went Plasma. Panasonic G10. It was a piece of work. I think Plasma was closest to CRT, but it still had about 20ms of input lag I think. Plasma finally convinced me flat panels were better. But Plasma had its own issues. I replaced it with a V20 just a year later because I moved and that one held out for nearly a decade though. Around that time, I think Plasma had evolved to something nearly perfect and durable.

Then Plasma had to go. Because higher energy consumption (was that even true?), because too dim (lol no, but it looked more lifelike), because fuck know why but they forcefeeded us LED. And guess what? I wanted 4K, and my Plasma was at the end of the line. I bought a fucking KS9000. At first I was happy with it, but back were the awful viewing angles, black levels that didn't feel right, judder (typically during sports games, every 15 mins or so a huge judder for a second or 2). And Samsungs awful support on top. I didn't like it.

After 4 years I sold it and bought a LG CX. I have to say OLED is closest to Plasma. But bar 4k, 120hz and all that, I don't know if its really better. My Plasma was from 2010 and topped out at 1080p. I _think_ if you factor in a decade of evolution, the Plasma was further ahead. It doesn't really look worse. Its more like, OLED managed to reach Plasma quality. Thats how I see it. My 2016 manufactured KS was certainly not as impressive as my old Plasma.
Imagine modern TV sizes with CRT depth and weight ratios and power consumption. You wouldn't just be spending more money on running it, you'd need a mortgage for a second house to put the fucking thing in. On the plus side you wouldn't need to spend any money heating the second house.

I wish I still had a small CRT to play older games on, but even with the downsides there's good reasons we moved on.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
We've all been fucked.

I miss my panasonic Plasma. Energy consumption on the larger sets was no joke though. Not enough to break the bank by any means, but compared to others it was quite a bit higher.

YCoCg

Sometimes I feel I'm the only person not nostalgic for the past.
Seeing this pining for CRT is just ridiculous.
But it's not even the past, we KNOW the next advancement in TV tech, it's Micro LED, all the benefits of OLED with hardly any of the negatives, not to mention it can run a LOT brighter which will be a huge leap for things like HDR/Dolby Vision. Problem is it's not commercially cheap enough yet.

Bullshit. You look at the rtings reviews for the later models and its the same risk for burn in as it ever was. Pixel shift and logo dimming is nothing new and if they had some real breakthrough the C1 wouldn't be getting a 2.0 out of 10 for burn in riskk
Find me real users having problems on C9s and up with gaming usage.

They made hardware changes to the OLED pixel layout. The new ones really don’t burn in unless you are stupid with it or it’s defective.

The only people I see complaining are the very loud minority of older model owners who knew the risks back then.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I used to install those plasmas on peoples walls. The weight was no joke. Easily a two man lift.

I still miss CRT tvs. Still thinking of replacing an old 40 inch Sony Bravia LCD TV with a 32inch widescreen CRT In one of our rooms. Those things also weigh a ton.

ethomaz

Banned
Something I remember from my PLASMA… it really made the room temperature increase… to cross from my bed room to kitchen I had to pass in front of the TV and man how hot it was near it.

OLED is a bit hot too but nowhere to what my PLASMA were.

Last edited:
Yes? Who is this Vincent? If he says oleds do not burn out then yes he is factually wrong. What makes him better than linus’s expert ? Or the other videos with “experts”

just like plasma oled burns through pixels at fast rate because they are like little light bulbs. Each has its own maximum number of uses Screen de-uniformity happens fast as each individual pixel burns out at its own rate.

it’s not rocket science. It’s actually very simple to comprehend and it quite literally cannot be negated as it’s incomprehensible to suggest oleds do not have individual lifespans for each pixel.

I might have said the same thing s few different ways but saying oled does not have burn in is just dumb and when you look at how it works it’s actually very dumb to say.
Vincent is only probably the biggest name in TV reviews and news currently. I guess the Rtings site would be more well known, but they are more of a team. Linus's use case is not normal, even he says as much. If you have tons of static content then you WILL get burn in, but for 99% of users burn-in doesn't exist. At this point I have replaced every TV in my house with an OLED, because after getting the C6 back in 2016 the colors were just so much better than every LED I owned that I couldn't justify buying them anymore. I have 3x OLEDs and not a single little sign of burn-in after thousands of hours on each.

The way some people talk about burn-in not being a problem makes me feel like I'm the only guy on earth with a burned-in C7.

UI widgets from a number of games, buildings from one game I can't place, and a background I used for just a couple of weeks. Even have 'NETFLIX' burned in the bottom right, despite having not used Netflix in over a year.

Set is about 3-4 years old.
That is crazy, 3 LG OLED sets and literally no burn in for me, one 2016 model, one 2017 model, and one 2019 model. How the heck does that kind of burn-in happen?

I kinda wonder what CRTs would be like if they were being constantly improved for the past 15 years. They were heavy and bulky as fuck, but I gotta believe they could have figured out ways to make the leaded glass weigh less. Then again, given the need for a vacuum and all that maybe it really is just part of the design and could never be significantly improved.
The only ways to make it weigh less would be to make it thinner (which isn't exactly safe given the vacuum) or omit the lead...which isn't a terribly bright idea either, it's there to filter out the radiation emitted as a result of the high voltages in the set.

Kuranghi

Is OLED really so light sensitive? I play only at day when there is light all around.

Not at all, don't listen to Ced Yuen he's a wanker. He literally joined Samsung just after he made this video lying about OLEDs SDR performance in a bright room, nobber. You need to watch HDR in the dark on any display, LCD can overcome brighter ambient light than OLED but its not like how he says, I stare at OLEDs all day with literally 1000s of watts of light beaming down onto them and they look more than bright enough.

edit to add more acid lol - At 3 minutes in this video he says that "we could have all these spotlights shining directly on the TV and QLED wouldn't break a sweat" what a absolute ballbag liar lmao that is simply not true. He keeps talking about having a window perpendicular to the TV set being an issue for OLED but not for QLED/LCD, thats also just nonsense, that will look shit no matter what TV you have if you are trying to play reference HDR content (by reference I mean you havent pumped up gamma or other settings and ruined the image to fight the light on the screen), SDR will be much better at defeating the reflection but still will be shit whether its a 400 nit or 2000 nit LCD.

Samsungs anti-reflection coating IS amazing most of the time (other brands suck quite a lot at it) but the recent implementation supremely fails with that kind of perpendicular light pollution, it gives horrible rainbow patterns on the screen, as shown in VT videos. So its just not how you should have your room, you need normal blinds/curtains at least.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

The way some people talk about burn-in not being a problem makes me feel like I'm the only guy on earth with a burned-in C7.

UI widgets from a number of games, buildings from one game I can't place, and a background I used for just a couple of weeks. Even have 'NETFLIX' burned in the bottom right, despite having not used Netflix in over a year.

Set is about 3-4 years old.

I have literally no idea how you did this, I have seen burn-in on shop display units before but thats literally from them running a 5 minute loop at max brightness, vivid/dynamic mode for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for a year. I know you said 3-4 years but surely that usage exceeds your own by a huge margin, no?

Stooky

FTFY.

that tv would heat your entire house , crazy electric bill and heavy as fuck lol. its not logical.

Last edited:
We all have OLED phones that also don't have burn in issues. I remember people like you complaining with the iPhone X launch about how it was doomed. I've never seen someone complain about burn in on an iPhone with a bunch of static elements.

With the new substructure and mitigation techniques OLED burn in is not something that normal users need to worry about. My LCD gaming monitor has burn in but my OLED TV is just fine.

LCD owners just insecure about those inky black levels.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
20211115-171523.jpg

My C7. A TV not even 6 years old that I paid over $2000 for with a big burn-in shit stain in the middle of the screen amongst others. You can listen to these dudes in here try to downplay burn-in if you want.
I had a c7 65 with logos in the corners to from the wife streaming TV while off work during covid. Replaced with qn90a sacrificed picture quality but don't need to worry about her 10 hour sessions or leaving it paused for a few hours at a time. Figured it's stop gap until something better is out that gets brighter with oled picture quality and plasma motion handling.

You've been fed straight bullshit
that tv would heat your entire house , crazy electric bill and heavy as fuck lol. its not logical.
Wanting plasma to come back is dumb considering we had a better option that was up and coming ; SED tv.

Just like a crt except very power efficient, thin and was a fixed pixel display. My gosh why can’t we have nice things D:

Last edited:

sn0man

I think we are arguing two different things, you are saying its overall the best given the weighting placed on the difference per pixel dimming makes. I'm just saying there are objectively better things with LCD, games don't need to have completely clean generated frames with no blur because modern games have motion blur, so I think its better to have better 24hz motion at the expense of blurry 60hz motion that you need to cover up the gaps in frames anyway if the game doesn't have motion blur.

For games that don't use blur for obvious reasons then yes its superior in motion, but then theres still large window brightness and near black handling. I'd prefer to have a slightly elevated shadow and see the detail than just not see it or see swirling pixels.

I get where you are coming from and I agree most respected enthusiasts will tell you its the best overall. I'm just objectively comparing each area. Is it possible you have also haven't actually seen HDR on a super high end LCD that isn't a Samsung as well? Fair enough if you have.
I wish the LG OLED’s had an auto BFI setting for 24hz or something to compensate for motion at lower frame rates.

JayK47

Something I remember from my PLASMA… it really made the room temperature increase… to cross from my bed room to kitchen I had to pass in front of the TV and man how hot it was near it.

OLED is a bit hot too but nowhere to what my PLASMA were.
That is the best part. I have an old plasma TV in my basement. It helps heat the room. It is so damn dense as well. It weighs twice as much as my old LCD.

From the sounds of it, I am glad my old 1080P sets are still working. It sounds like all these new TVs do not last very long.

sn0man

You're still coming to the brightness argument which I agree with. LCD is objectively better in that area. Near black handling can vary and can be fixed with calibration. Black crush is a problem on lcds too. 24hz motion still benefits from the instant response of OLED. You'll get more judder for sure but that can be mitigated with motion interpolation. Which can suck I know but the C1, in particular, has a near soap opera effect-free mode called 'cinematic movement' that works wonders. I can't even see SO on it and I'm very sensitive to that.
Is that new to the C1? I’ve got a CX.

emilegc

People keep bringing the C7 for comparisons, but it is known that from the C8 forward LG OLEDs have improved drastically in terms of burn in. I can attest of my C8. I've been gaming without remorse on it, and it has even withstood my kids using it for many hours straight during the pandemic. I think this last part says it all. I also used it as my PC monitor for the first 1500 hours or so and the panel is still burn free. I only saw an instance of image retention once that quickly went away.

Last edited:
I wish the LG OLED’s had an auto BFI setting for 24hz or something to compensate for motion at lower frame rates.
If you mean bfi that flickers at 24hz… Your eyes would jump out of your head from how much flicker there is. It’s already bad enough at 60hz!

On oled, for movies you want to combine motion interpolation plus 120hz bfi, it’s really the only way to do it. On fast response time lcd, too.

Only other option is getting an lcd with very slow response time and not use interpolation, then turn on bfi, like z9d.

Although I don’t think Sony makes such a slow response time set anymore, do you know Kuranghi Kuranghi ? No idea what the response time of z9g, z8h, z9j is because rtings is too cheap to test lol.

Last edited:

Shmunter

We all have OLED phones that also don't have burn in issues. I remember people like you complaining with the iPhone X launch about how it was doomed. I've never seen someone complain about burn in on an iPhone with a bunch of static elements.

With the new substructure and mitigation techniques OLED burn in is not something that normal users need to worry about. My LCD gaming monitor has burn in but my OLED TV is just fine.

LCD owners just insecure about those inky black levels.
In all fairness, on a phone you’re not really staring at the icon grid for hours. Usually scrolling through neogaf threads like a gay French prince.

Top Bottom