• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s your favorite PS5 exclusive title so far?

EDMIX

I'd say Demon Souls remake, but I liked Ratchet much better, but I generally like that IP much more anyway lol

Regginator

Out of the list in the OP I've literally only played Demon's Souls and Astro's Playroom.

Demon's Souls Remake played like a fourteen year old game because, for all intents and purposes, the remake is the exact same game as the original. Both highs and lows. Bugs and glitches included. Graphically speaking it's the best looking console game I've ever played, but in terms of gameplay it's really showing its age. Meaning the original. Which the remake didn't alter. Literally all FromSoftware sequels have all but surpassed Demon's Souls in that regard.

As for Astro's Playroom, that was legit fun. I was expecting some half-assed tech demo for the DualSense, but I ended up playing an amazing 3D platformer. Very pleasantly surprised by that one.

Somewhere in the next few months I'll probably try out Ragnarök, FF7R:I and Death Stranding DC, but as of now, those are the only two.

ungalo

Damn, what a list. Most are not PS5 exclusive, they are timed exclusive and PS4 games, and that's even far worse on Xbox side.

I don't have one. I don't count cross-gen. If I did, it would still be Bloodborne.
And yes, I would rather play the PS3 version of Demon's Souls over that butchered remake.

Last edited:

Psychostar

The only 2 I haven’t played are Ghostwire and GT.

Just got the platinum on GOWR and I absolutely loved it, but I still feel like the game that deserves the most praise out of that list remains Returnal. It just feeeels next gen. Playing it was refreshing. I get that there are many predecessors that are similar ( like risk of rain 2) but this one was the only one that said “this is a ps5 game” to me.

Top Bottom