• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s your favorite PS5 exclusive title so far?

Fredrik

1. Returnal, I hated on it at first but it completely won my over once I found out about the cloud save, it’s the closest thing to a proper 3D Metroid the industry has ever seen. I’d place it on my all time top 10.

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, kids friendly, voiced to absolute perfection in my local language, big budget AAA release. It has never happened. Not even Nintendo do this. Rift Apart gave me one of my best family playthroughs in my whole life.

Spider-Man Miles Morales, this game really surprised me, I guess one part of why I love it so much is because of the open world and how fluid you traverse it, but I also like the action set-pieces a ton and the choices they give you in the closed action areas. Phenomenal game!

God of War Ragnarök, it doesn’t reinvent the wheel but that’s not always needed, great game with production values few games can match and a fantastic story that keeps on surprising me for how grown up it is.

Demon’s Souls, I still haven’t reached the end but it’s the best game I’ve played in the Souls genre besides Elden Ring. Some day I’ll finish it!

Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, specifically Lost Legacy. I love this game. That’s all.

Horizon Forbidden West, unfortunately I haven’t played more than maybe 1/3 of but I love open world games so it should be here as well.

Ghost of Tsushima, another one I need to finish, I love the theme and the action is tight and the world beautiful. The sequel needs AC free-climbing though.

Gran Turismo 7, I’ve played far too little but the production value and the clear love the developer have for cars and car history should go into the history books.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade, I don’t like the gameplay, like at all, it’s not FF7 for me, plays like a bad third person action game. BUT the superb visuals, the nostalgia from the areas and music and characters still make me play it and enjoy it quite a bit.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Since we're keeping it loose as to what an exclusive actually is, I'll say my favourite (timed) exclusive is Deathloop.
Absolutely adored it 🙂👍

Last edited:

Fredrik

I highly disagree with that especially playing in hard mode.

It’s not that I think it’s too easy, I just don’t think it plays great as an action game or as a RPG. For me they simply miss the mark.
But it’s nice to look at and I sense some nostalgia so I play it anyway.

many of them aren't PS5 exclusive because they are on PS4.

got 0 interest in GoW i think they are shit. GT7, HFW, TLOU, FFVII Remake on PS4 we're fun. the only other game i'd want to play is Demons Souls remake which is actually a PS5 exclusive so that's my answer even though i haven't played it yet.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I highly disagree with that especially playing in hard mode.

Too bad you have to complete the game once to unlock hard mode.

Normal mode is a cakewalk except some rare fights, and mostly because companion ia is fucking brain dead and you have to nurse them, and that's the mode that 95% of people play, maybe next time they should unlock hard mode from the beginning because nobody is gonna replay a 20-40 hours game just for that except rare cases like you.

Locking harder modes behing bullshit requisites is something that should fucking die asap.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Normal mode is a cakewalk except some rare fights, and mostly because companion ia is fucking brain dead and you have to nurse them, and that's the mode that 95% of people play, maybe next time they should unlock hard mode from the beginning because nobody is gonna replay a 20-40 hours game just for that except rare cases like you.
I think they want you to use chapter select with all you level and gears when you want to do hard playthrough because even on max level bosses can screw you over if you are not careful and some them have additional moves like how Hell House will summon Tonberrys which they can instant kill you if dont kill them fast enough.

also I finished the game on Hard and I rarely nurse any of them, they do a good job keep themselves alive except some bosses but you have spells like like manawall for a good reason.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Ratchet & Clank. Was the right game length and didn’t feel padded, great level design, great voice performances, and was definitely amazing to look at with Performance RT mode to maintain 60 fps.

H:FW.

For me, it had everything and it's only fault was that there was just so much of it.
Platinumed first play-through at just over 80 hours.

GymWolf

I think they want you to use chapter select with all you level and gears when you want to do hard playthrough because even on max level bosses can screw you over if you are not careful and some them have additional moves like how Hell House will summon Tonberrys which they can instant kill you if dont kill them fast enough.

also I finished the game on Hard and I rarely nurse any of them, they do a good job keep themselves alive except some bosses but you have spells like like manawall for a good reason.
Hard mode is like that in any game with some challenge, you make mistakes and you lose, not sure why this remake was an exception.

In gow ragnarock you die in 1-2 hits for the majority of boss battles and they still let you chose max difficulty for the first fun.

Let the player chose how much they want to suffer because almost nobody does second run with big games (and we have data that confirm this, many people barely complete games once, let alone twice)

Last edited:

Danjin44

Hard mode is like that in any game with some challenge, you make mistakes and you lose, not sure why this remake was an exception.
In FFVIIR’s hard mode you can’t use items AT ALL and rest areas only lets you recover your HP but not your MP and some chapters you fight several bosses without break, you have to be extra careful how to use your MP in this game.

GymWolf

In FFVIIR’s hard mode you can’t use items AT ALL and rest areas only lets you recover your HP but not your MP and some chapters you fight several bosses without break, you have to be extra careful how to use your MP in this game.
Again, how is that any more difficult\different than a 15 min bossfight in ragnarock when you are dead after 1 single mistake on max difficulty?

Agree to disagree dude, locking hard mode behind any requisite is bullshit, give players some freedom, we are smart enough to decide if an hard mode is TOO hard by ourselves.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Agree to disagree dude, locking hard mode behind any requisite is bullshit, give players some freedom, we are smart enough to decide if an hard mode is TOO hard by ourselves.
Sure, I don’t entirely disagree with that but in my case if I enjoyed the game enough I will replay it several times regardless like I did with FFVIIR.

GymWolf

Sure, I don’t entirely disagree with that but in my case if I enjoyed the game enough I will replay it several times regardless like I did with FFVIIR.
Lucky you, i was about to cut my dick and feed it to my dog after what they did to ff7:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Now i dread the ff9 remake rumor...

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played any, but so far imo the one that looks to be most interesting offer is Returnal.

Really stretching the term ‘PS5 exclusive’ here aren’t you?
Sure bro, you just gotta forget that PC and PS4 exists.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
1. Returnal, I hated on it at first but it completely won my over once I found out about the cloud save, it’s the closest thing to a proper 3D Metroid the industry has ever seen. I’d place it on my all time top 10.

Im a Metroid fan and I disagree.

schoellershammer

Neo Member
Demon's souls and Ratchet

Normal mode is a cakewalk except some rare fights, and mostly because companion ia is fucking brain dead and you have to nurse them, and that's the mode that 95% of people play, maybe next time they should unlock hard mode from the beginning
I don't know really, my companions did a good job , maybe because i didn't play it as a simple action game. Getting the plat has been challenging, it's a very good rpg, in my opinion

nobody is gonna replay a 20-40 hours game just for that except rare cases like you.
lol yes maybe the casuals or ppl who dislike the game but, we are talking about FF

GymWolf

Demon's souls and Ratchet

I don't know really, my companions did a good job , maybe because i didn't play it as a simple action game. Getting the plat has been challenging, it's a very good rpg, in my opinion

lol yes maybe the casuals or ppl who dislike the game but, we are talking about FF
Even here in an enthusiast forum you have majority of people who don't replay games dude, it has nothing to do with hating games or ff brand.

Also, the first run is always the most significant, it is the first time you see things, follow the story etc, i would prefer to have the best and in most of the cases only run at the difficulty mode i decide, not what the developer think is ok for me.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Demon's Souls for me is the clear winner. Really loved it on PS3 and think it's by far the best souls game. This is a significantly upgraded version of an already great game. Silky smooth and really next gen. Probably the best looking game I've played.

• Kena: I enjoyed it for a while until the boss balancing became too ridiculous. I don't hate the game but it's missing some noteworthy collectibles. I didn't like the story or the Pixar look of the characters. The feel of the gameplay is good though and mostly great visuals.
  • Death Stranding, I hated. Didn't buy DC.
  • GT7, not into pure sim racing. Haven't tried this one.
  • Ratchet, not into this series. Didn't try it. I played the 2016 one for free on PS+ and wasn't into it. It seems fine, just not for me.
  • The Last of Us 1, I wasn't into it the first time. Not for me.
  • Horizon 2, I did sort of enjoy part 1 but felt like I had enough of it after 20 hours and bailed on it. Seems like part 2 doubles down on the excessive crafting, item collection and bloat. But it sure looks pretty. I will probably buy this when it's around $20.
  • FFVII, not into FFVII that much. I own the original remake on PS4 and never got around to playing it. Just not excited about it. I'll play it at some point, but probably not bother with the upgrade.
  • Returnal, hated it. The roguelike structure of the game ruins it completely. Shame as I like most games from this developer a lot.
  • Astrobot, I enjoyed it. The platforming isn't amazing really, but the graphics and art design and the general fun vibe are all a breath of fresh air for PS 1st party. Probably my 2nd favorite PS5 exclusive.
  • Ghostwire, waiting for Gamepass. Looks fun.
  • GOW Ragnarok, was excited for it but bailed after probably 10 hours. Just deeply unfulfilling combat and story. I may try to get back into it at a later date. Currently many other games I'd rather play right now.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Yes, I’m counting the cross gem games of course. I’ve downloaded quite a few games via the PS+ Extra subscription. Sadly I haven’t had time to try out most of the exclusives.

I’m curious what everyone’s favorite is so far. Here’s a list of some. I’m missing some, but thought I’d include at least the popular ones.

God of War: Ragnarok
Demon’s Souls
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intergrade
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut

Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
The Last of Us Part 1
Horizon: Forbidden West
Returnal
Stray
Ghost wire: Tokyo

Astro Bot: Playroom
Don't include PC games that are not published by Sony. Not every PS5 owner is a console only person. It inflates the list with stuff that isn't even that good.

Of the actual exclusives that required me to buy a PS5 to play instead of playing on my PC, Horizon was the most enjoyable the GOW:R was pretty close. I prefer being able to go anywhere to having invisible boundaries telegraphed by a couple feet of rocks or brush.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
GoW:R was great, but the plot was just ok in my opinion. I can’t say I’d replay it anytime soon. I’d say Demon’s Souls has been my favorite. Super fast load times and it’s a great looking game. TLoU:p1 was good, Returnal had some awesome moments, Ratchet was good, but playing DS again with all the QoL upgrades was my favorite. I played Death Stranding and FFVIIR on PS4. I played the DLC of VIIR on PS5. The bosses in the DLC were fun, but they were also a bit weird. Weiss was a pain. The hardest boss that you can’t just walk into and defeat. You have to prep for him as well as be at max level. That’s at least how I see it. Kena had a weird difficulty spike towards the end. I typically enjoy hard games, but I didn’t care for what happen with Kena. My partner loved Horizon. I enjoyed watching her play it. I had a good time with GoT.

Roxkis_ii

Returnal for me. Its the first game I've got the Platinum for.

And in a distant second would be GT7.
I love how classy the game is.
Makes me want to ware a monocle.

Fredrik

Im a Metroid fan and I disagree.
Female character alone on an alien planet, explore an open map, no hand-holding, loot, gear based barriers on the map, suit upgrades and weapon upgrades, grapple hook, speed boots, water level needing a suit upgrade, vastly different biomes, end level bosses.
I’d say it’s incredibly close to Metroid, basically a patch away. What it lacks is save rooms and the ability to go back through the portals. And the morph ball.

20cent

Banned
Why not take advantage of the free games if it's a money thing?
Not a money thing, I just have no interest in PS exclusive games on current gen.
Plus I mostly play on PC which I bought out of frustration for not being able to get a PS5 when it got released...well I got one earlier this year, but I don't really care about it now.
I'm busy enough between the games I really want to play, the PC gamepass and Epic freebies.
I've just cancelled my 10 years old PS+ subscription, we are submerged by free games. I've played enough Naughty Dogs or GOW games on PS3-PS4. I'll get GT7 eventually. Maybe.

VGEsoterica

Astro Bot: Playroom

hero ps vr GIF by PlayStationDE
My thoughts exactly

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Female character alone on an alien planet, explore an open map, no hand-holding, loot, gear based barriers on the map, suit upgrades and weapon upgrades, grapple hook, speed boots, water level needing a suit upgrade, vastly different biomes, end level bosses.
I’d say it’s incredibly close to Metroid, basically a patch away. What it lacks is save rooms and the ability to go back through the portals. And the morph ball.

Metroid has finely crafted worlds. Returnal has random generated crap.

Not a money thing, I just have no interest in PS exclusive games on current gen.
Plus I mostly play on PC which I bought out of frustration for not being able to get a PS5 when it got released...well I got one earlier this year, but I don't really care about it now.
I'm busy enough between the games I really want to play, the PC gamepass and Epic freebies.
I've just cancelled my 10 years old PS+ subscription, we are submerged by free games. I've played enough Naughty Dogs or GOW games on PS3-PS4. I'll get GT7 eventually. Maybe.
Fair enough.

I can recommend GT7, by the way.

oji-san

Banned
Hard choice, both Ragnarok and HFW are nice and i did enjoy playing them but narrative of them both was either dull like in HFW or bad like in Ragnarok, so i left with a taste of disappointment especially for Ragnarok. Just finished Rift Apart and had a lot of fun, Death Stranding was special so that's that, probably R&C Rift Apart as a total package.
I know it doesn't count but i waited and didn't play TLoU2 and Ghost of Tsushima even that i own a PS4 so i will play them on PS5, and tbh they are both (especially TLoU2) the best i played so far on PS5 as for Sony games.

Fredrik

Metroid has finely crafted worlds. Returnal has random generated crap.
The map is not fully randomized, the rooms are crafted but they randomize how they’re connected. If they would set the order on how they’re connected, add save rooms, allow backtracking through portals, then they’re basically there.

Demon's Souls because it's the only game on that list that doesn't interrupt the gameplay every 5 seconds to bukakke you with cinematics and story. And it's a good game.

Seriously, I'm so sick of this formulaic design where you watch performance captured characters talking for half the game, or slowly walking and talking, or spinning wheels and cogs and talking, or collecting notes and treasures and talking. I've grown so tired of that stupid formula.
How on earth do astro bot, returnal and Gran Turismo 7 fit into that formula?

Top Bottom