• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are feasible storylines for TLOU 3?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
TLOU3. Start out with a new cast of characters seeking out an older, sadder Ellie to find a cure for the cordyceps infection. Theme would be hope and redemption.

All the pieces are in place: Abby needn't be involved directly just part of the backstory/setup putting events into motion with the new leads. As they journey to find her they would see the long-term results of the path of vengeance; likely the Seraphites being bigger and more powerful, Jackson being destroyed and the survivors scattered, and newer more dangerous mutations roaming the land.

I'd hope they'd resist the temptation to do to Ellie what they did to Luke in TLJ, although from a character arc standpoint its convenient for her to have become a disillusioned hermit, the key motivation for her should be to finally reach her destiny as providing the key genetic information for a vaccine. Because past her unavoidable guilt in her part in actions taken post Joel's death, her defining instinct should remain as being prepared to lay down her life.

Obviously the dramatic tension would come from whether she could be convinced that there's anything or anyone left worthy of being saved.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
The story was finished.

LOU3 doesn't even have to be related to LOU1/2

That's like saying instead of doing Uncharted 4, doing LOU was a mistake. Let's see what Naughty Dog does with their time.

It did conclude the story arc of abbies and ellies revenge, but what Abbie, Lev, Ellie, Dina and Tommy plus plenty of other chracters do is left open.

They could of tied up the story by having Dina staying at the farm and ellie + dina living happily ever after, and have tommy accept Joels death. Along with Abbie and Lev sale into the sunset, both of them happy. But that didn't happen they left the story open.

aclar00

Since so many people seem to have been bitching, it would likely be a story with Joel as the main character and take place between one and two timeline wise.

It did conclude the story arc of abbies and ellies revenge, but what Abbie, Lev, Ellie, Dina and Tommy plus plenty of other chracters do is left open.

They could of tied up the story by having Dina staying at the farm and ellie + dina living happily ever after, and have tommy accept Joels death. Along with Abbie and Lev sale into the sunset, both of them happy. But that didn't happen they left the story open.

What stories do you think there are for them?

I'm not saying that they can't do stories for these characters, but the idea that ND didn't finish this story is ridiculous. You could literally say that about any media then.

Yeah Dina didn't stay at the farm she left to go to the town. That's just as much an ending, whether it was a fun ending for you or not.

NeoGiffer

What are feasible storylines for TLOU 3?​

bruce.gif

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
What stories do you think there are for them?

I'm not saying that they can't do stories for these characters, but the idea that ND didn't finish this story is ridiculous. You could literally say that about any media then.

Yeah Dina didn't stay at the farm she left to go to the town. That's just as much an ending, whether it was a fun ending for you or not.

No I just explained why, if you going to ignore what I say what is the point in talking to you.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
They'll get supernatural with it.
The Fireflies will resurrect Joel only to sodomize him with a golf club then kill him again.

yurinka

You start playin as Ellie, after a 5 minutes you find Abbie, you torture and kill Abbie cutting her head off and throw her body to a pit fire. Then she Ellie finds Tommy and a former Joel girlfriend who knew both Joel and Ellie's mother.

Both remember stories with Joel: you play with Joel during 95% in flashbacks stories with Ellie, Tommy or that new character who ends revealing who was Ellie's mother and a clue of where she can be now. In the last 5% Ellie goes to find/save her mother (maybe Dina & her son too), kills the bad guys, some other scientist make a cure and Ellie makes peace with Dina and raise the kid living in the farmhouse with Ellie's mother. And they end living there happy. The end of this arc.

The main themes of the game: being a mother (main topic of TLOU1 was being a father), revenge (main topic of TLOU2 was revenge) and forgivenes (main topic of TLOU3).

In the future they could make another arc set in Europe explaining the origins of the virus outbreak, that would originally started there, and would be somewhat linked to Ellie's mother (partly her fault, she could be one of the scientist who created it) and they would expain why Ellie is inmune. The main character would be Ellie's mother and the topics would be guilt and loneliness.

Last edited:
Yeah, a TLOU 3 is totally not necessary.

Unlike Gaf, I enjoyed TLOU2, but I still can't see how a sequel would generate any interest.

Ellie is just too fucked up a character to be interesting now in a new game (both because of what she's done and what was done to her).

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Whatever they do it will tie into the show. Something new will happen in the show, it will end on a cliff hanger, then we can play it out in the game.

GOAT shit

Last edited:

Neff

Joel: ☠️
Jesse: ☠️
Mel: ☠️
Owen: ☠️
Yara: ☠️

You missed Alice.

Joel and Tommy joining and being in the fireflies would be amazing to see

Joel and Tommy didn't join the Fireflies, they joined the Hunters. The 'fucked up shit' they did was during that time, ie preying on innocents for food and supplies.

Joel's actions were what basically drove them apart and compelled Tommy to pursue something a little more virtuous like joining the Fireflies.

Last edited:

CLW

TLOU 3 Alice rises from dead tracks down Ellie but the twist is it’s a race to see who can kill her 1st Dina or Alice and then once Ellie (who you control) crucifies them both and sets them on fire you switch control to JJ to track Ellie down

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
New characters, new direction. The universe is larger in scope than just Ellie and Abby at this point. Being immune isn't that big a deal in the long run. Show us someone else in another part of the States who has the same immunity as Ellie.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Abby joined the Fireflies at the end of Part II, so that means either Abby or someone else is going to find Ellie to make a vaccine.

If there are any more TLOU games after this, it will be TLOU factions 3 with stories that take place during the outbreak with a different set of characters.

Ulysses 31

Abby joined the Fireflies at the end of Part II, so that means either Abby or someone else is going to find Ellie to make a vaccine.
In this story, would Ellie have to die also for the vaccine or will a different way be discovered?

I doubt Druckmann would want a story where the Fireflies hunt down Ellie to kill her since that will probably retroactively make the Fireflies worse in part 1&2.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Could they drop Ellie? I know it seems like they are setting up having the fireflies knowing where she is and, presumably, still having the capability to use her for a cure. Making her a lesbian with no natural born children was really weird since her immunity could be hereditary. Sure she would suck as a mom, but passing on a trait so advantageous would be beneficial for the entire species. Do they have the ability to do IVF?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Ellie was in a coma and it was all a dream. Nobody played golf with Joel’s skull. They go on more adventures together.

Traxtech

You missed Alice.

Joel and Tommy didn't join the Fireflies, they joined the Hunters. The 'fucked up shit' they did was during that time, ie preying on innocents for food and supplies.

Joel's actions were what basically drove them apart and compelled Tommy to pursue something a little more virtuous like joining the Fireflies.
Yeah that's basically what I meant sorry, always confuse them both joining the fireflies when it was only Tommy.

Even how they even got to Boston, seeing Marlenes past, learning about Tommy and Eugene's bombing runs, etc could be awesome.

The falling out of two brothers would make a really compelling story, I just wonder if this kind of back story already has a heartbeat, or would they need to make it from scratch.

That and if it would be even worth it from their perspective since Joel was pretty fleshed out. Won't get my hopes up but woidk still be awesome. Even a spin off I.e lost legacy

Last edited:

Hoppa

It’d be cool to have an ensemble cast of like 5 or 6 main characters kinda like Walking Dead and a dog for emotional manipulation.

I’m betting whatever happens the character(s) will end up in Austin and you’ll get to revisit Joel’s old home and get some more backstory like divorce papers or something

Right now I have a couple of ideas, but those only cover the beginning of the game and it's ending, I would like to start with the supposed time gap will take place between the second and the third game, we will start the game from the perspective of now much older son of Ellie and Dina, but it won't be obvious right away that this is JJ, since Naughty Dog loves to subvert the player's expectations, I assume that they are willing to do this one more time, we might even get a chance to play as JJ for a short amount of time, for other characters like Tommy, who has to make an appearance in some way, I think that he might end up handicapped after his pursuit of Abby, but it won't be Abby specifically who is going to cut his leg or arm off, I think that he won't even be able to reach her before he will end up being captured by a much stronger group, he will be able to break free, but while trying to escape he is going to lose his arm or leg, whichever you prefer, after a successful escape he will finally settle down and will remain as a loving uncle to Ellie, but this part of the game won't be shown to the player, I think that this is the event that happened in the supposed time game that will take place between the games, and those are the ideas that I have for the possible beginning of the game, right now I would like to speculate about a possible ending, to me it seems like the only way to end the franchise on a peaceful note is for Ellie to sacrifice herself voluntarily in order to develop a cure for the virus, as for how it will be done and under what circumstances I don't know, but these are some of the ideas that are floating in my mind right now.

Leopold

Ellie does not need to be there. She never found closure, but you don't need forced closure, that is it. A history with Lev would suck. Just get a clean slate, new characters. Ellie can be some sort of leader, not necessarily the main character. Abby will be some sort of Thanos, living peacefully and away from any threats.

shubik

As I loved the second game, I hope they do a direct continuation. I want to know what is going to happen next.

Top Bottom