• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some games you consider flawless (or mostly flawless)

Castef

Banned
Games that you cannot really find a single worthwhile fault to really complain about, mine are :

- Dead Space 2(best game in the series I feel)
- Warcraft 3

Both of these games I really can't fight any faults that I would complain about or try to argue with.

The first X-Com games (both original and reboot), most probably Civilization (did not like 3 and 5, though... 4 is wonderful).

SpiceRacz

Dead Cells
Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Lumines
Guacamelee 2
SSX3

Genuinely curious why you included Guacamelee 2. I haven't played it yet, but I might bump it up my backlog.

Also, appreciate that you included Lumines. That game was incredible and the true killer app for PSP at launch.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ico
CAPCOM VS SNK 2
Street fighter 3rd Strike
Halo CE
Gran Turismo Sport
MGSV
Metal Gear Solid
Super Mario Bros
Zelda ALTTP
FZERO GX
SSB Melee
RESI REMAKE
Tetris
SUPER METROID

So much games I'm forgetting

Last edited:

Ogbert

Good question.

Super Mario World.

Doom (original).

Half Life 2.

And, at the risk of being laughed at, over the past few years, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is the closest any game has come. I honestly think it's a masterpiece.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Good question.

Super Mario World.

Doom (original).

Half Life 2.

And, at the risk of being laughed at, over the past few years, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is the closest any game has come. I honestly think it's a masterpiece.

No need for laughing. To each their own. Loved Ori

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
There is no game without flaws. If you think there is, you're an ignorant fanboy. Even my best and favorite games of all time have flaws and its normal to aknowledge that.

Lol, to my detriment, I'm such a highly critical guy. I find faults in almost everything haha..

#😞

Woman adore me /S

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Ikaruga.

No flaws.

Edit:
I’ve got games I love and would recommend by the droves. Ones I enjoy more than Ikaruga, but no game goes out to solidify itself as king of what it does. Unique combat in the shmup space , oozes style, fantastic story, great looking game even to this day, plays perfectly , and infinite replay value/challenge. Instead of being just another bullet hell, it transcends itself with incorporating pattern memorization and if you risk it you are rewarded.

It’s small scale story told through only a few lines are a bit like poetry, and are haunting. Ikaruga has a soundtrack that helps intensify its bombastic atmosphere .

Im a fan of the shmup genre now because of this game, and I encourage everyone to try it. Set it to infinite lives and continues to just run through it once. It’s only $5 on steam right now.

The game is a treasure.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Monster Hunter, and I'd say that even tho I think that Dark Souls 1 is more memorable Dark Souls 3 feels like a pretty flawless game in the sense that it feels very complete and was incredible imo.
It certainly has issues but for a Souls experience it felt like it was actually completed.
I'd also say Sekiro too.

I greatly enjoyed Nioh 2 as well and it has great replay value.

Last edited:

TexMex

Genuinely curious why you included Guacamelee 2. I haven't played it yet, but I might bump it up my backlog.

Also, appreciate that you included Lumines. That game was incredible and the true killer app for PSP at launch.

It’s one of my favorite (if not most favorite) Metroidvanias but from a purely technical level it’s flawless. Looks, animates and sounds incredible, performance is flawless and it controls like a dream. Can’t wait for 3.

93xfan

Banned
A few more:
Zelda: a Link to the Past
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 7
Super Mario World
THPS3
Metroid Prime

Last edited:
UQC43iI.jpg

Bioshock is nearly flawless in my eyes. I have just replayed it again and holds up to this day. Graphics are getting slightly dated compared to new gen games such as demons souls remake by bluepoint but that’s to be expected. The world building and aesthetic, storytelling, gameplay are all second to none.

Now I’m curious. I had never played Bioshock until a few months ago when I finally tried the original version. This game is a poster child for games that do NOT hold up. The mechanics bored me to tears and the graphics looked like something I would have seen on my Riva TNT from 1999.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario
Majora’s Mask
Super Mario 64
A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Shadow of the Colossus
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Bros. 3
Halo 2

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I only felt that way about two games in my life:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Metroid Prime 1.

CitizenZ

Banned
This is what I said about Steamworld dig 2 in 2017, and nothing to do this day has changed.

"Steamworld Dig 2 is a rare game on the PC that achieves the unthinkable and thats the deserving rating of polished. Its execution, gameplay, controls, levels and world are near flawless. Its probably the best released game i've played in recent memory without any needed patch or DLC needed."

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Now I’m curious. I had never played Bioshock until a few months ago when I finally tried the original version. This game is a poster child for games that do NOT hold up. The mechanics bored me to tears and the graphics looked like something I would have seen on my Riva TNT from 1999.

It's still a beautiful game to me... imagine a graphical overhaul....

Last edited:
Dead Space

RDR2

Halo 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario 64

Alien Isolation

Stardew Valley

Nier Automata

Gears of War 3

TLOU

Doom (2016)

Breath of the Wild

Mass Effect 2

Portal 2

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Guess you had to be there at the time. I adore this series. Difference of opinion is no bad thing but this series and the philosophies that intertwine all 3 are simply beautiful and you are missing out on real “art” in games if you snooze on this series. Just my opinion.

Aenima

Mostly Flawless:

Final Fantasy 7
The Last of Us
Shadow of the Colossus
Witcher 3
Dark Souls
Bloodborne

Flawless:

Tetris

Last edited:

Rivet

Maybe games like God of War (2018) or Super Mario 64... The Last of Us and The Witcher 3 too... Dungeon Master in the old times.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

I only felt that way about two games in my life:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Metroid Prime 1.
Those are the only two games that really blew my mind as well. Metroid Prime almost immediately shot up to my 2nd favorite game of all time, behind Ocarina. Masterpieces without a doubt.

co2k3b.jpg

Virtually flawless masterpiece. One of those games that I continue to play, even though the community has seen better days. Epic Games turned their backs on us and poured all resources into developing Fortnite. Fuck them.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Probably Zelda: ALTTP, can't think if anything wrong with that game.

DOOM and Starcraft are basically perfect too.

Last edited:

PsyEd

Mine would be

Batman Returns - SNES
Soul Calibur - Dreamcast
CastleVania SotN - PSX
Yakuza 0 - PC version << My fav RGG Studio game to date....got it on Ps4...and again on PC for $5 so I can play it in 4K.

REDRZA MWS

Super Mario Bros NES
Phantasy Star OG - Sega Master System
Ghosts n goblins Sega Genesis
MLB the Show every year, PlayStation and now Xbox too

Rush2112

Banned
if bloodborne got a 60 fps patch it would be. cant call a 30 fps action game flawless. but pretty close.

Last edited:

gioGAF

I agree with many suggestions. I don't think this one has been mentioned:

Ninja Gaiden Black

It irks me to no end that all re-releases are based on the inferior Sigma variant. Please just give me Ninja Gaiden Black!

Last edited:
Top Bottom