• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what are the most blatant game knock-offs?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
the next one is a little bit obscure... but think about it. Bubsy is Sonic... just way worse.
They both have 'cool' animal mascots, and they can get both pretty fast (look how the characters move, the build up before they hit top speed):

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
yijDauo.jpg

Too bad it couldn't be a good knock-off

In this game Kat is a AAAA tier.... Easy the most powerful and Best character of the game... ❤️❤️❤️.

I have to say it.

Codes 208

don't be a party pooper.
after looking at your list, you do know that dragon ball evolution was made by dimps, the same people that made the budokai games and shin-budokai (which shares the same engine as evolution), right?

Its not plagiarism if you steal from yourself ,kids!

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
after looking at your list, you do know that dragon ball evolution was made by dimps, the same people that made the budokai games and shin-budokai (which shares the same engine as evolution), right?

Its not plagiarism if you steal from yourself ,kids!
doesn't change that you shouldn't be a party pooper. everything is in some shape or form based on something that came before, but that doesn't mean you need to lecture people on what is a knockoff and what is just inspiration.

in this case its maybe not plagiarism, but it's definitely lazy to steal from yourself this blatantly. and again, you can't tell me that Street Fighter: The Move - The Game and Dragonball Evolution don't have a lot in common. Both devs teams pulled the same shit essentially, just a decade apart. and even then, that's one item on the list or do you want to tell me that Golden Axe Warrior or Simpsons Road Rage aren't obvious knock-offs?

jesus, people

Ashley Olsen Reaction GIF by Filmeditor

Anyone say World Heroes is a knockoff of SF2 yet?

edit: oh, it was fighter's history by data east that capcom sued over.

Last edited:
yeah I know, but dragonball evolution and street fighter the movie the game have a lot in common. and both developers copied themselves by making the same game with a new coat of paint.
Not true for SFTMTG:
(wasn't developed by Capcom)
njU64uO.png

Shadow of Mordor/Assassin’s Creed
SoM was more a clone of the Arkham Games, wasn't it?

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
World Heroes,
Featuring original characters do not steal
Not Ryu
Not Ken
Not Bruce Lee
Not Hulk Hogan
Not Ghengis Khan
Not Joan of arc
A nazi
And Rasputin
Plus the tournament is arranged by the time traveling doc brown, also an original character

cireza

Banned
World Heroes,
Featuring original characters do not steal
Not Ryu
Not Ken
Not Bruce Lee
Not Hulk Hogan
Not Ghengis Khan
Not Joan of arc
A nazi
And Rasputin
Plus the tournament is arranged by the time traveling doc brown, also an original character

Game looks actually pretty cool. I think it has a Saturn port, will check it some day.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Game looks actually pretty cool. I think it has a Saturn port, will check it some day.
I love the games look, Big colorful sprites,, detailed backgrounds,, good music too.
But the 1st game itself is pretty mediocre, slow and completely broken (muscle power can pick the opponent off the ground and re command throw, moves with less hit stun than animation frames, dragon can 1 shots by mashing a really fast, the c button) first game I 1 ccd in the arcade though
The sequels, 2. Jet and perfect get pretty good,
perfect is the one on the saturn
The gameboy conversion of jet is probably the best fighter on the gameboy,

ZoukGalaxy

I saw a game streamed in a wrong category which looked like a shame ripoff of the fantastic JOURNEY, can anyone point me to a title ?

Top Bottom