• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the top 5 things you want to see on June 12 (Xbox Showcase)

cormack12

Gold Member
What are you hoping to see/predicting we see at the xbox showcase?

FH5 First DLC: Needs at least an announcement now
Starfield: Know it's been delayed but we will probably see something substantial
State of Decay 3: Really want to see something about this, with a preview of improvements and systems
HellBlade II: Again feel we need something aside from the tease slices
Avowed: Hoping we see something more of this as well

Banjo64

cumsessed
What I want to see and what I will see are probably 2 different things.

I want Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark and Everwild to be far along enough to show. I don’t think it’ll happen though.

5th pillar has to be Banjo. 0% chance though.

Ozriel

M$FT
What I want to see and what I will see are probably 2 different things.

I want Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark and Everwild to be far along enough to show. I don’t think it’ll happen though.

5th pillar has to be Banjo. 0% chance though.

Avowed gameplay should be ready, for sure. Obsidian don’t waste time. Fable might well show up.

Aside this, Starfield and Redfall gameplay would be great. But I’m looking forward to more info from first party devs that haven’t announced yet. Info on Coalition’s next game would be cool.

Wohc

Banned
We already have a similar thread, but what i want to see:

- Starfield gameplay
- State of Decay 3 ingame graphics, hopefully it's much better than that 90's graphics before
- more footage for all the other announced games
- some remakes/remasters especially Wolfenstein
- tons of concerned and disappointed people on the internet, because that usually means it was a good show

Last edited:

Fredrik

Starfield gameplay.

Top down Gears of War or Halo game by the The Ascent devs, RPG elements included.

Fable gameplay.

Sea of Thieves offline single player campaign.

Something new from Compulsion, inXile, Double Fine, Initiative, Rare, Obsidian.

Chukhopops

Gun Barrel Goldeneye GIF by James Bond 007

1. Temple - Grenade launchers
2. Stack - Rocket launchers
3. Facility - Proximity mines
4. Egyptian - one-shoot kill mode
5. Complex - Golden Gun

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Seriously, If there’s anything I feel Phil Spencer is fucking up, it’s this. Have no idea why he hasn’t greenlit a new KI or contracted Playtonic to make a new Banjo game.
After Yooka Laylee I wouldn't want Playtonic anywhere near Banjo Kazooie personally.

And Phil has said before it is about finding a studio to make KI, earlier in the year there was rumours bandai namco might be doing killer instinct, no idea how credible they are or where they even originated from.

I don't think he has forgotten about the IP.

Goalus

- some news about Quake
- Fable (not because I am a fan of the series, but because I am a fan of Playground and want to see their take on the series)
- Kameo 2 (not happening, I know)
- now that the Gears of War collection was teased, I kind of want it (only if Judgment is included)

Edit:
- like W Wohc said, a lot of concerned people who have no interest in Xbox but pretend to be disappointed.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
By who tho??
I think that is the reason why it hasn't returned, iron galaxy is too busy with that terrible looking brawl city BR game.

There was a rumour earlier in the year that bandai namco could be making the game, but I have no idea where that rumour came from or the source.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Modern Warfare 2 on gamepass day 1
Gameplays and release dates windows for
Starfield
Avowed
Redfall
Hellblade 2

Ellery

1. New Ori game
2. Something new from Shinji (does he still work at Tango and directs games?)
3. Starfield
4. New Xbox Controller. Doesn't need to be Elite 3, but something to keep things fresh and not just new colors.
5. Any new unannounced IP in general. I love new games and new IPs. Best would be third person AAA Horror or Sci Fi.

NahaNago

I'd go with:

1. starfield gameplay and tons of it
  2. something from tangoworks.
  3. banjo kazooie
  4. gameplay from an interesting looking game
  5. gameplay from an interesting looking game
I'd like to see elder scrolls 6 gameplay but that is probably half a decade away. Killer Instinct new game sounds interesting as well. I'd also like to see something from the psychonauts 2 devs (forgot their name) but they just released a game so that ain't happening. I honestly have no idea really about the xbox showcase since I don't really ever play on xbox, so I'd just like to see interesting looking games

yazenov

Lots of gameplay

Don't think they need to reveal new stuff, just show what's in the pipeline as gameplay and looking pretty far along

Yeah, just show us the gameplay of the already announced games from the past years. They have been showing CG trailers since 3 years now. Time to show the actual gameplay.

At this point, its unacceptable if they show us another CG trailers for games that had been announced previously.

GymWolf

Fable gameplay
Avowed gameplay
Redfall gameplay
Starfield gameplay
Some other big game gameplay

No more cg, logos and 5 sec teasers Microsoft, it's now or fucking never.

Last edited:

Labadal

While I do not own an Xbox, I am still interested in most of their rpgs. I will tune in and hope to see:
-Avowed
-The Outer Worlds 2
-Obsidian Unnanounced Title (smaller project)
-The Elder Scrolls VI
-Starfield
-Fable
-inXile Project(s)
-Dishonored 3
-Double Fine Project

Any five of these would be fine. I'm sure I have forgotten some more options.

Seriously, If there’s anything I feel Phil Spencer is fucking up, it’s this. Have no idea why he hasn’t greenlit a new KI or contracted Playtonic to make a new Banjo game.
Finding developers who can actually make good fighting games is the real challenge especially in the Western side of things. I heard a faint rumor that Namco Bandai could be working with Microsoft on a new Killer Instinct game, but I’ll definitely take it with a grain of salt. I would love to see that.

Markio128

I don’t really mind as long as there is some decent gameplay shown, and maybe a surprise 1st party release or two this year.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
What are you hoping to see/predicting we see at the xbox showcase?

FH5 First DLC: Needs at least an announcement now
Starfield: Know it's been delayed but we will probably see something substantial
State of Decay 3: Really want to see something about this, with a preview of improvements and systems
HellBlade II: Again feel we need something aside from the tease slices
Avowed: Hoping we see something more of this as well
Hoping, in no particular order:
  1. Hellblade 2 XSX gameplay of a mission + release date
  2. Starfield's deep dive
  3. Avowed XSX gameplay + release date
  4. Replaced's release date
  5. No CGI trailers or 2024 games.
Prediction would be that we get 1, 4, and Avowed gameplay without a firm release date (only a release year).

P.S. Although Moon Studios is busy with a new multiplatform IP, if there is a new Ori in production somewhere, I'd love to see that.

I don’t want to see any CGI.
I want to see gameplay.
I don’t want to see anything announced that is coming in 2024 or later.

Keep it focused on the reasonably immediate future.

That still wouldn’t be a presentation that would interest me, as outside of Fable they haven’t announced anything I care about, but I think that’s the sort of presentation they need.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

At a minimum gameplay + release date from some of there upcoming first parties:

Starfield
Compulsion Games (we happy few) new IP
Indiana Jones
Hellblade 2
Obsidian's Avowed
Fable
State of Decay 3

A nice surprise in the form of Gamepass releases and maybe a secret cool new ip that they've had in the works would be nice

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
‘No CGI’ is crazy talk. D’or reveals, CGI works just fine if the game isn’t ready to be shown off.

The real magic is striking the right balance. Show plenty of gameplay and then reveals can be introduced with CGI.
I think a good balance would be 80% gameplay and 20% CGI if they're going to show some early stuff

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Gameplay from all of these

Hellblade 2
Starfield
Forza 8
Fable
Indiana Jones (it probably isn't ready to be shown yet though)

Killer8

Gears of War Collection - remastered like the MCC with 2022 release date
Starfield - extensive gameplay demo at the very least
Modern Warfare 2 - on XGP day one, plus adding all of the COD games to XGP
Contraband - want to know what this is actually about. Sounded like Smuggler's Run.
GoldenEye - digital 4K release on Xbox Live (plus a Switch port with cross-play)

Top Bottom