• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the top 5 things you want to see on June 12 (Xbox Showcase)

UnNamed

Banned
I don't think we will see games with a troubled development like Everwild and Fable (and maybe Awoved).
Forza 8 must be there, a new Gears if only with a teaser trailer, Starfield, both games from Ninja Theory, a lot of multiplatform games.
And the xbox-stick for cloud games.

DaGwaphics

Forgot about the potential for new hardware, definitely interested to see what features they include in a elite controller 3. Probably will be priced a bit pricier than I would want to go for a controller, but maybe these features eventually trickle down.

AmuroChan

I want to see a well-produced, no BS show. Don't show me any CGI trailers with no gameplay. Don't waste time talking about nonsense. Just show me new games with gameplay.

Pallas

Gold Member
Something from all of their studios, CGI is fine if it’s something yet unannounced, but games already announced, gameplay please.

I realize expecting something from every studio is asking a lot but if they really want to install confidence in their user base, they need to hit hard.

Also top 5 things? Just show gameplay from any 5 games.

Last edited:

SaucyJack

What I want …… gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. Preferably of games that look like they will release in the foreseeable future.

Worry that there will be a little too much CGI trailers, indies, announcements of games that are way off and a heavy lean into third party.

Jaybe

I’ll add one: I want Xbox to release all the single player DLC content for their first party studios on Game Pass. Content like FO4’s DLC is a separate purchase, and apparently some of the best in the game. What differentiates the base game from the single player DLC in this business model? Are you trying to be the Netflix of gaming… they don’t sell the black mirror Christmas special as some one-off.
It would be a nice small make-good for Bethesda’s screwup on expectations. I get why third parties don’t include it, just doesn’t seem congruent with the business model for MS.

Last edited:
Starfield gameplay which should be a given.
Forza gameplay which is fairly likely given the gap since Forza 7.
id's current project, hopefully Quake.
Fable, not as likely given recent reports but I'd like to see something.
InXile's current project.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Some 2022 exclusive triple a games with dates: no more saying next year will be the year guys

Gameplay deep dives for both starfield and redfall: no more cg, no more tone trailers. It will be a monumental failure if they have nothing to show

Games coming in the near future with gameplay trailers: i want trailers with actual gameplay for perfect dark, fable, gears 6 and ever wild, and i want them dated for no later than 2024

Big day one gamepass deals: okay lets say their only 2 games for this year were gonna be starfield and redfall, well now what!? Make it up to us by signing games like gotham knights onto the service, get modern warfare 2 onto the service. Make gamepass so fucking awesome this year that everyone forgets about your dog shit empty output.

FINISH.HALO.INFINITE: get all the missing features that should have been their day one into that game. Additonal delays for forge and coop are unnaceptable, then work on single player content to make the bare bones ass campaign actually worthwhile.

BANJO FUCKING KAZOOIE: just do it you fucking cowards, make a new game or sell the ip to a company that actually will

1) At least one surprise exclusive AAA game releasing before the end of the year (Forza and Remasters don't count)
2) Whatever project MachineGames has been working on (Wolfenstein 3 or new IP?)
3) Whatever project id Software has been working on (Doom 3, Quake reboot, new IP?)
4) More gameplay for Hellblade 2 and a release date (Hopefully releasing within 12 months)
5) Gameplay reveal for Avowed (show us what a Skyrim type game can look like in Unreal Engine 5)

Tiamat2san

1. Killer instinct
2. Gears of war collection
3. Fable
4.dead rising 5
5 Hellblade 2

And a teaser for gears 6.
Plus halo infinite story dlc and Forza (classic not horizon)

Top Bottom