• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the top 5 things you want to see on June 12 (Xbox Showcase)

Menzies

Banned
Going against the grain for all the calls of “gameplay, gameplay, gameplay” - when was the last time a game actually released without some kind of gameplay showcase?

In that sense it’s assured, so I’m more excited about new reveals and surprises. Even if we are still waiting on a slew of pre-announced titles. Show me a few things unexpected, a JRPG would be nice.

It’s criminal they haven’t done anything with all that dormant Rare IP.

coffinbirth

My predictions/hopes;

Starfield-Deep dive and insincere apologies
Redfall-gameplay
Forza Motorsport-gameplay and Holiday 2022 release date
Fable-gameplay
Perfect Dark-gameplay
Hellblade 2-gameplay
Avowed-gameplay and Holiday 2022 Release date, will absolutely be delayed in October (PhilSpencerwinking.gif)
Outer Worlds 2-teaser
Indiana Jones-gameplay
Contraband-gameplay
Scorn-just release the fucking thing already
Goldeneye-surprise announcement and releases June 12th
Quake-teaser
Gears of War Collection-gameplay Holiday 2022 release date (don't fuck this up)

Now for some fantasy...

Masters of the Universe
Killer Instinct
The Mandalorian
Banjo Threeie
Bloodwake Remake
Shadow Complex 2
Brutal Legend 2
Crimson Skies Remake
Blast Corps. 2
Cuphead 2
Kojima Episodic Horror Thingy
Jet Set Radio Forever
Morrowind Remastered
Oblivion Remastered
Fallout 3 Remastered
Fallout: New Vegas Remastered
Xbox Exclusive From Software Castlevania game just for the meltdowns
Gradius Complete Collection
Sega Rally 3
Panzer Dragoon Saga Remake
Jet Force Gemini 2
Phantasmagoria
Halo: Spartan Assault 2
R.C. Pro Am

Some announcements of new smaller studio acquisitions, Streaming Stick, a Xbox Handheld, some new controllers with back buttons(not paddles), some surprise new BC titles, moneyhatting the shit out of some games for 2022 release. But seriously, give me that handheld.

xbox-portable.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Starfield and Forza 8 gameplay.

Although doubtful, info on ES6 and Fallout 5. At some point F5 has to come out, but with SF and ES6 I dont see that for a while. Good possibility zero Fallout game this gen which would be a shame.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Gameplay of Starfield
Gameplay of Fable
Gameplay of avowed
Fallout teaser…..please?
Something completely new

There needs to be something really special to at least perk my interest in Xbox. There’s not a lot that is making me want to purchase a Series X at present.

Starfield gameplay.

Top down Gears of War or Halo game by the The Ascent devs, RPG elements included.

Fable gameplay.

Sea of Thieves offline single player campaign.

Something new from Compulsion, inXile, Double Fine, Initiative, Rare, Obsidian.
Is there a rumour regarding the Gears or Halo game then?

AX8

Banned
Starfield
Fable
Perfect Dark
Uhh I can't think of anything else I would want from Xbox probably why I don't own one :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Clover904

I want to see Starfield in action, as well as updates on Hellblade II and Avowed. Would be cool to see something from Fable, but im not holding my breath.

1 -Starfield (Extension gameplay, 20 minutes at least)
2 - Redfall (20 minutes of gameplay at least)
3 - Halo Infinite Campaign DLC (trailer)
4 - Hironobu Sakaguchi AAA JRPG (announcement)
5 - Avowed (in-game trailer with hopefully gameplay)

6 - Perfect Dark
7 - Contraband
8 - Wolfenstein
9 - IO Interactive Fantasy RPG, if it's really happening
9 - Halo Infinite Battle Royale mode by Certain Affinity
10 - Hellblade 2
11 - RPG by Techland
12 - Forza Motorsport
13 - Everwild

InXile's new game hopefully gets announced, want to see what Coalition are working on, and there was suppose to be a studio at Microsoft, can't recall their name, that was making a 3rd person style fantasy action adventure or whatever.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Starfield
Forza stuff FH5 DLC and the new Motorsport
Hellblade 2
State of Decay 3
Unannounced hardware surprise and not the streaming stick

clarky

Gold Member
My predictions/hopes;

Starfield-Deep dive and insincere apologies
Redfall-gameplay
Forza Motorsport-gameplay and Holiday 2022 release date
Fable-gameplay
Perfect Dark-gameplay
Hellblade 2-gameplay
Avowed-gameplay and Holiday 2022 Release date, will absolutely be delayed in October (PhilSpencerwinking.gif)
Outer Worlds 2-teaser
Indiana Jones-gameplay
Contraband-gameplay
Scorn-just release the fucking thing already
Goldeneye-surprise announcement and releases June 12th
Quake-teaser
Gears of War Collection-gameplay Holiday 2022 release date (don't fuck this up)
Not too far out of the realms of possibility and would be easily one of the best shows ever imo.

Chuck in some Halo hopium and remove indiana jones and i think your not far off. Fingers crossed.

1. MS to announce they bought EA.
2. Halo Infinite 2.
3. Bloober's Silent Hill exclusive to Xbox.
4. MS to announce they bought Ubisoft.
5. CG trailer for Crackdown 4 showing destructive environment powered by the cloud.

Last edited:
Here is what I think should be shown.
Project Midnight - Compulsion Games
Avowed - Obsidian
Project Pentament - Obsidian
Forza Motorsport- Turn 10
Forza Horizon 5 DLC - Playground
Starfield- Bethesda
Contraband - Avalanche
Redfall - Arkane
Project Belfry - Stoic
New game from Inxile
New game from the Coalition

Pantz

Unannounced JRPG reveal
Forza Horizon 5 DLC
Halo Infinite Story DLC
Tomonobu Itagaki's game reveal
A wild Duke Nukem appears. Dun dun dun! Dun dun dun!

Haggard

Banned
Pretty much anything that's real and has a release date. If it's just more marketing and announcement CGIs for games that don't even exist yet as it has been the case with MS shows so often in the past then they can go fuck themselves imho.

Last edited:

ShaikhCroft

- Deep dive gameplay from Starfield and Redfall
- Gameplay from Hellblade 2 & Avowed with a release date
- At least 2 surprise game reveal (my anticipation Dishonored 3 & Quake reboot)
- New acquisition announces
- Pipebomb moment from a third party console exclusive

Bonus:

Lognor

Banned
Lost Odyssey 2
Ori 3 (but only if made by Moon Studios)
Silksong
Release dates for the games they keep showing us
Why ori 3 if only developed my moon? You said Demon's Souls is the best ps5 game but that was not developed by from.

Why immediately rule out a ori sequel of not made by moon? Again, coming from you it seems weird since you didn't rule out Demon's Souls even though it wasn't made by from. Please explain this discrepancy.

But back on topic, I want to see a deep dive on starfield. Actual gameplay on avowed. And while I'm not a huge racing fan I want to see how far ms is going to push forza motorsport graphically. I expect the best looking racing sim ever.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Source?

There is no difference. If you want to announce your game that’s still got a way to go, you can either condemn your devs to work on pointless vertical slices or do a CGI reveal.
And there’s nobody sitting at home in good faith, wondering if Machine Gun games or Tango games can still make good games. Makes zero sense.

People want to see actual gameplay before they put down or reserve cash. And that always happens.
Just wait until game is almost finished. Then devs don’t have to waste time.

Corndog

Banned
Starfield and Forza 8 gameplay.

Although doubtful, info on ES6 and Fallout 5. At some point F5 has to come out, but with SF and ES6 I dont see that for a while. Good possibility zero Fallout game this gen which would be a shame.
Bethesda needs to expand to 2 or 3 teams.

sachos

I want to see Starfield and Avowed (might be too early for this one) gameplay and maybe get a confirmation of the next thing id Software is doing. Seeing Wolfenstein 3 and a Quake reboot would be awesome too, i wonder what they could do to differentiate Quake from Doom, maybe go back to the Quake 1 gothic/lovecraft style, i wonder if they can mix some Bloodborne influence in there but in first person that would be sick. Dishonored 3 would be huge.

NikuNashi

All of the following please :

Old white execs wearing jeans and suit jackets talking out if their pooper about diversity.

Blue / red haired badass feminist chick presenting who has less knowledge of gaming than my 4 year old son.

Some lovely looking CGI to fool me into getting excited only for the game to be delayed or look like ass gravy once gameplay is shown.

Why ori 3 if only developed my moon? You said Demon's Souls is the best ps5 game but that was not developed by from.
Demon's Souls is a 1 to 1 remake of the PS3 game, not a sequel. Bluepoint is much better with performance and graphics than From, but that doesn't mean they can make new games at that level.

Metroidvania games are a dime a dozen. They're everywhere and very few studios make them well enough to stand out. For every Ori, Hollow Knight or Steamworld Dig 2, there are dozens of mediocre indie Metroidvanias.

Ori stood out because of the talent of Moon Studios. You just put someone else on it, trying to capitalize off other people's ideas and talents you're left with an inferior game. We've seen it with plenty of other big IPs.

Last edited:
What are you hoping to see/predicting we see at the xbox showcase?

FH5 First DLC: Needs at least an announcement now
Starfield: Know it's been delayed but we will probably see something substantial
State of Decay 3: Really want to see something about this, with a preview of improvements and systems
HellBlade II: Again feel we need something aside from the tease slices
Avowed: Hoping we see something more of this as well
Forza Motorsport is next gen only as opposed to the current rumours that it's switching to cross gen. New games they haven't announced yet. Avowed vameplay, cloud game demos for stuff they showed at the showcase.

What do I want? A complete focus on games releasing in the next 6 months. Xbox needs to be having two showcases per year: one in January for the first 6 months and then one in June for the next 6 months. They can show a mix of AAA and indie games. One showcase per year is absolutely not enough and it leads to months of silence and everyone being in the dark about what is coming.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Demon's Souls is a 1 to 1 remake of the PS3 game, not a sequel. Bluepoint is much better with performance and graphics than From, but that doesn't mean they can make new games at that level.

Metroidvania games are a dime a dozen. They're everywhere and very few studios make them well enough to stand out. For every Ori, Hollow Knight or Steamworld Dig 2, there are dozens of mediocre indie Metroidvanias.

Ori stood out because of the talent of Moon Studios. You just put someone else on it, trying to capitalize off other people's ideas and talents you're left with an inferior game. We've seen it with plenty of other big IPs.
Yeah I agree on this. Sadly I think the Ori IP is dead, or at least on a long hiatus. Moon is a small studio so we can rule out them doing multiple projects simultaneously. They’ve been developing a new IP for a couple years now, published by Private Division, so even if they would go back to MS to make a third Ori they would likely need until next generation to finish that.

Last edited:

Handel

1. Starfield gameplay : I haven't had anything to scratch that Bethesda itch in quite awhile...while there are better made RPGs out there none of fully fill that void

2. Avowed gameplay : Obsidian is one of the best studios ever and a high fantasy RPG from them is a bit of a dream game.

3. Hellblade 2 full reveal+release date : Has looked amazing every time it's been shown before, and hopefully it's a late 2022 title to fill the first party gap

4. Fable concept trailer/teaser : I don't need a full reveal, just a taste of the direction the series is being taken

5. A world premiere of a new first party game or at least an exclusive third party title

Caio

Gameplay :

1) Starfield

2) Avowed

3) Redfall

4) Hellblade 2

5) Fable

6) Forza 8

Now, this is what I would love to see, not saying I'm expecting gameplay from all the games in the list.
By the way, I can't wait ! Please Microsoft, shock me.

Dr.brain64

oblivion
fallout 3
fallout nv
perfect dark
banjo3
goldeneye
fallout 5
more halo (single player)

diddy kong racing

Roberts

Obviously curious how Starfield looks and plays, but as a GP subscriber I already know I will play it and others when they come out. Seeing the trailers won’t really change anything and just make the wait less tolerable. Soooo, call me weird but I’m more interested in all kinds of tech announcements: I want to see Elite 3, I wanted them to announce that they have figured out how to resume BC, fps boost programs as well as launching res boost updates. I want them to show us how and when all the new xbox tech goodies will be implemented into games. I know it is not going to happen, but a man can dream!

Last edited:
1) MS announcing a more involved initiative with console video game mods including offering the Fallout London devs money in exchange for the console port.

2) MS reviving their Backwards Compatibility initiative one more time and announcing another set of beloved games to be released soon.

3) Minecraft RTX finally gets a release date.

4) Gameplay previews of all 2022 titles that were pushed back to 2023(not including Sony of course)

5) Showing initiative in the Japanese market by reviving obscure games with ports, english translations, and/or remakes.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I want to see the curtain pulled back on Starfield and I think that's the most likely wish to come true. Redfall also.

For longer shots, I would like to hear what's next for Double Fine, and for the Fallout series.

cireza

Banned
I think that we will see something SEGA related. They have been partnering for some time now, with Yakuza in Gamepass, PSO2 + NG made it to the West thanks to MS, and they are working together on the Super game projects with Azure as well.

With Sonic Frontiers releasing at the end of the year, it would make sense to see something related to this. Maybe that it will be a simple gameplay unveiling. But I would hope for something more, maybe a Series S limited edition ? That would be great.

Also, I would like to see an exclusive J-RPG or Japanese game from a third party (for the salt it would generate).

Last edited:
Top Bottom