• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you expecting the remaster of Vice City to look like?

Which screenshot are you expecting for the VC remaster?

• Option 1

Votes: 59 41.5%
  • Option 2

Votes: 53 37.3%
  • Option 3

Votes: 30 21.1%

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
Option 1 - Vice City (mobile version), little to no change
mZfJYR.jpg

Option 2 - Vice City, PC version with mods
ZWKRqk.jpg

cigktM.jpg

Option 3 - Vice City, PC with ultra realistic mod
pi4ra8.jpg

vyCEcF.jpg

Between 2 and 3

2.2?

I think despite the naysayers they will actually splash some cash and get most (but not all) of the soundtracks back

Tschumi

Option 1 - Vice City (mobile version), little to no change
mZfJYR.jpg
ohh man i can just picture the semi-transparent newspapers sliding around there... oh what a fantastic game it was... i had it on PC and i loaded all my favourite A Perfect Circle songs into the playlist... i'll forever associate "A Stranger" with cruising in Vice City.. also eating chinese junk food while playing mercenaries: playground of destruction on my og xbox in beijing

Last edited:

stranno

It will probably be just Renderware, packed into Unreal Engine 4 for easier porting or UI, so I guess it will look the same, but with "better" less-fitting textures and models.

wipeout364

Who cares about graphics, if the full radio OST isn't restored officially why give a fuck?
This is actually my biggest worry about the game especially with the housers gone. I loved the music and the spoken word channels were so good but I am afraid they will censor some of the content.
I actually really want them to spend a lot of time on making the controls and camera really tight and modern, adding cover mechanics would be unlikely but nice as well.

Option 1 with a modern UI and the Radio OST altered and censored. There is 0 hype for this and you should not be expecting anything.

I hope i'm wrong, i played Vice City and San Andreas to death and beyond, vanilla, slightly modded and heavily modded. I'd love a polished touch up to the controls and the shooting mechanics, wrapped in a modern, impressive graphical presentation. But i doubt it'll happen.

Hunnybun

I think it'll look significantly better so I went with option 3, even though I don't think it'll actually look like that.

I'm actually really intrigued to see what they do with it. If they've completely revamped the lighting and added high quality textures etc, then that's a proper upgrade, but how that would actually sit in such old games with such basic assets.... I can't imagine the final product not looking weird tbh.

I'm going to say a mix between 1 and 2. They said it's keeping the classic feel so I'd expect it to have the look you'd expect with some lighting improvements, improved models etc.

Personally fine with that as long there is some noticeable changes.

I would not expect 3 as it's pretty unrealistic and I don't think Rockstar is going to go all out with the remasters. Would love to be proved wrong, but it's highly doubtful.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Did they say it has new lighting and better textures?

If that is the case it hards to know how good it will look, because quality and implementations of lighting vary from small to drastic, i mean if it had Raytracing like quake or Minecraft it would radically changed the look of the game, but if they change it slightly it would look more like an artistic change.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Did they say it has new lighting and better textures?

If that is the case it hards to know how good it will look, because quality and implementations of lighting vary from small to drastic, i mean if it had Raytracing like quake or Minecraft it would radically changed the look of the game, but they change it slightly which would look more like an artistic change.

Also wasn't option done in UE4?

Such a drastic change would require a full on remake on a different engine, which has been confirmed to not be happening.

My hope is it looks like GTA5 remake but with the polycount of the originals.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Like the original with AI-upscaled textures, better draw distance, etc. So I guess option 2?

Anyone who seriously believes it will be anything like option 3 is delirious.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Rockstar has annoying tendancies with some of their practices and multiplayer aspects of their games. But they are a massive studio. I remember looking at the credits of RDR2 and being pretty damn surprised. They tend to give a shit about the production and polish of their singleplayer experience.

It really just boils down to how much resources are going into the new GTA and how much of the old game remaster is just a money-boost or side-project. In my experience, when big gaming companies try to multitask big projects, it leads to mediocrity on both ends. That's kind of the concern I have for any future Elder Scrolls games.

I expect the least effort possible as usual. Original games at a higher resolution and a ton of bugs at launch. Don't worry though 20% of them will be fixed maybe.

Bro- I said it before ill say it again, gta trilogy is gonna be amazing. Raytracing, better textures, 4k, AA, 60fps, something like what the 3ds version of ocarina of time did to the original.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Somewhere in between the OP's Mom and Sister. Extremely fuckalicious,, but with a couple decades of Sass under the belt, you know.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Were the Tony Hawk games a full on remake or just a repaint? Roughly similar era right? I can usually live with remastered graphics but they lose me when the levels are small and boxed in and the controls are clumsy. It’s easy to put upressed textures on something but keep the level design that was done to the same hardware limitations.

its a big enough occasion and at a point in their release cadence there’s like a ten percent chance they’ve done major work and are under promising to over deliver..

Top Bottom