• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Banned
These Star One songs were just recently released, so this is on repeat at the moment, the 3 songs he released ahead of the album launch

This song is based on Terminator

This one is based on Interstellar

And this one on Primer (a great low budget indy movie)

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member

Spirited-Away-2.gif

Spirited-Away-1.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
All my life I’ve never been into classic rock. People swear by it, and I’ve never liked it. I still don’t like most of it, though I’ve tried. Like, no matter how many times I listen to The Beatles, it just does nothing for me. But in recent years I have grown to appreciate 80s music more and kinda like some of it. Not all of it, but more than I did before.

There are a few 60s songs I’ve gotten into more too, but not as much as 80s. Neither are my regular listens in any of my playlist rotations, but if something pops up I’ll be like “oh, I like that song” and stick with it instead of immediately skipping past or if it comes on the radio turning it off like I used to.

mekes

Nas fans have had a good year. My favourite rapper from 20+ years ago. He’s had a quality 2nd half of the year with 2 very decent albums.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Heard this at the family party over the weekend. Gave me chills and had to know what it was immediately. Amazing song. I know the band, but I don't follow them that much though. I am 100% gonna do that now. This shit is FIRE.

Apparently its all based on the Christmas Truce of 1914.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Wonder why DMX was never featured in GTA. This totally makes me want to run over pedestrians and shoot random people on the way to the main boss.

Last edited:

Amory

I decided if I'm gonna pay for Spotify every month, I should be using it to discover music from bands I haven't explored before. So I've been listening to entire discographies, album by album in chronological order and creating artist playlists with the songs I liked.

I started with The Cure (really enjoyed every album up until the mid 90s, when the quality kind of falls off a cliff tbh), then chose System of a Down for a change of pace (not my favorite band overall, but there were 3-4 songs per album I did enjoy, and Toxicity is a great overall record), and now the Bee Gees for some reason (I've only listened to like half of their first album but it's surprisingly really good so far).

idk I'm having fun.

System_Of_A_Down-Hypnotize.jpg

Bee_Gees%27_1st.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I decided if I'm gonna pay for Spotify every month, I should be using it to discover music from bands I haven't explored before. So I've been listening to entire discographies, album by album in chronological order and creating artist playlists with the songs I liked.

I started with The Cure (really enjoyed every album up until the mid 90s, when the quality kind of falls off a cliff tbh), then chose System of a Down for a change of pace (not my favorite band overall, but there were 3-4 songs per album I did enjoy, and Toxicity is a great overall record), and now the Bee Gees for some reason (I've only listened to like half of their first album but it's surprisingly really good so far).

idk I'm having fun.

System_Of_A_Down-Hypnotize.jpg

Bee_Gees%27_1st.jpg
Music discovery is a huge plus for streaming platforms. Enjoy the journey man!

Top Bottom