• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

NahaNago

last song I heard on Spotify was "Pretty Wings" by Maxwell. My listening taste usually goes from video game music, to country music, to like late 90's to early 2000's r&b/hip hop. some pop punk, some rock, and just for feel good music some Disney stuff.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

I listen to a lot of EDM/Pop/Alternative, but Logic always kills it.

AaronB

I've been mainly listening to podcasts for the last few years. A lot of history (Hardcore History, Tides of History, The Dangerous History Podcast), some video games (Giant Bombcast and Beastcast), and some miscellaneous (Coffee with Scott Adams, Joe Rogan Experience, Art of Manliness).

When I do listen to music, I've been into AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd.

I'll throw in a few other songs I've rediscovered recently:
Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart

I Remember You - Skid Row

Stranglehold - Ted Nugent

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
I been listening to Sonic Youth. It's no secret they were heavily inspired by the Velvet Underground but they were one of the few bands who expanded on the sound instead of just copying it. Also been listening to Idles a lot. They got a new album coming out soon which look like it going to be even better than Brutalism.

Elvis - Steamroller

Funny story. James Taylor has a live version of this song on his greatest hits album. He's the same guy who sings songs like "Shower The People," "Sweet Baby James," and "Fire and Rain." Soft, inoffensive pop/folk. Great singer / songwriter.

Right at the end of it, he lets out the words "chicken choking, motherfucking!" It was pretty crazy to hear that while listening to the album with my parents as a child. No PA label or anything. Total surprise. Great version, though, profanity or no. And of course, when they reissued the album in the 2000s, they just had to edit it. Here's the "clean" version. The uncensored version isn't on you tube.

Nicktendo86

I go through cycles of listings to stuff from one and at a time, almost obsessively. At the moment it is Supergrass, their In it for the money album is fantastic all the way through.

Ecto311

Almost nothing but Epic Beard Men. Been a huge fan of sage for a long time so to see him and Dolan make an album of almost all good shit and help bring back boom bap it makes me excited every day.

Newest video that me and my 8yr old know all the words too and sign along on the way to school in the morning.

enbred

Banned
Tame Impala - Current. All day every day for a month now. At home, in the car, At work.. everywhere. As good as pop music gets really.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Big K.R.I.T's 4eva is a Mighty Long Time from last year.

In a world where the most successful hip-hop artists are mumbly, needlessly depressed teenagers droaning on about their housewife pill prescriptions, K.R.I.T came through with a loud, proud album promoting positivity and winning.

Top Bottom